PDA

View Full Version : I'm so overwhelmed! I need help! :)

Reyasmom
03-31-2005, 12:03 PM
My daughter is getting her wish granted from Make-A-Wish. She asked to go to DW. My parents and siblings want to come too, they won't be included in the wish so I'm planning a vacation for 5 adults on a budget, a very very tight budget! We'll be staying (most likely) at GKTW in Kissimmee, but I don't know the dates yet and that is a serious hinderance. We'll be there for 7 days and I'm sure we'll hit Sea World and Universal as well as the disney parks.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Amanda

ckoncurat
03-31-2005, 12:12 PM
I would start by checking out www.mousesavers.com for discounts on all kinds of things- lodging, tickets, etc. If her wish covers a rent a car or hotel room, maybe you can upgrade to accomadate more of you. Southwest has a new DING program that will periodically send you airfare bargains, and you can also track airfares on travelovity.

califred
03-31-2005, 12:20 PM
Would they be willing to rent a villa for you? It might be cheaper than the hotel and it'd accomodate all your guests? You might look into that.

ErinC
03-31-2005, 02:47 PM
Friends of ours just returned from Make a wish. They stayed at the GKTW village and said it was awesome. I know that they had a 2 bedroom villa (they are a family of 3) so they invited friends(another family of 4) to stay with them, which was allowed. I'm sure that the friends had to buy their own tickets, but the housing cost them nothing. My friends were totally impressed with everything that was offered to them, and they had a wonderful trip. I think that their refridgerator was even stocked when they arrived at the village. If they can't stay with you than I would probably just get them to stay offsite somewhere since you will be offsite also. Maybe try priceline for a 3* hotel, I think those can be had for around $35 a night. Check out www.biddingfortravel.com for what others have gotten. If you have any specific questions about the Make a Wish program I can try to ask my friend for you. Best of luck!

Cheshire Figment
03-31-2005, 02:58 PM
You definitely need to check out the "disABILITIES" forum. There are several threads about both MAW and GKTW. It is probably a better forum for you than this one, as quite a few of the regular posters have had involvment with them.

Reyasmom
03-31-2005, 03:02 PM
I know that they had a 2 bedroom villa (they are a family of 3) so they invited friends(another family of 4) to stay with them, which was allowed.

That's good to know. My brother in law won't let my neice come without him even though my sister will be there. I can't believe he would actually deny his daughter a free trip to Disney World with her cousin. At least I know he can stay with us even if we can't afford anything else.

Reyasmom
03-31-2005, 03:03 PM
You definitely need to check out the "disABILITIES" forum. There are several threads about both MAW and GKTW. It is probably a better forum for you than this one, as quite a few of the regular posters have had involvment with them.

I'll check them out now :)

Amanda