PDA

View Full Version : Who's gone on the Grand Gatherings Wishes Cruise?

Soupermom
03-31-2005, 11:19 AM
Can anyone give me more info about this? I tried the WDW website and really couldn't get much info about specifics. Mainly, the cost! We'll be a group of 8 next March, so I think we qualify. Is this something you can share with another family...like Illuminations? TIA!

Cheshire Figment
03-31-2005, 03:28 PM
I have so far gone twice. A Grand Gathering Group (GGG) does not have to be a family. Last October I was involved with a group of about 45 people from eight states, no one family had more than four people.

For the following, assume Wishes! starts at 10:00.

At 8:30 the participants are allowed into a special area near the Contemporary Dock which is set up as a Dessert Buffet (pastries, ice cream, soft drinks, coffee, etc.) and both Capt Hook and Mr Smee are walking around for phot ops and autographs.

A little after 9:00 you are herded over to the boat(s). Each group is assigned certain row numbers so the group can stay together. On the way to the boat you are given a six-inch chocolate chip cookie so you won't starve on the voyage.

Once you cast off there is a Pirate on board who will lead songs and have quizzes with prizes, especially for the kids. You will anchor off Wilderness Lodge and see the Electric Water Pageant up close and personal.

Then you will take the bridge over to the Seven Seas Lagoon, passing in front of the Poly and GF. Finally, at about 9:55 you will anchor on an extended line from the Castle down Main Street just before the island in the lagoon. The narration and music will be piped into the boat's PA system. You will be anchored until just after Wishes! ends. (If you can, get a seat on the left side of the boat for the best view.)

Then you will go back over to Bay Lake and will be met by Peter Pan at the dock.

Last time I looked I think the price was $30 per person.

Soupermom
03-31-2005, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the wonderful info! Do you know...are there any discounts available...AAA or FL residents perhaps? This sounds like so much fun! pirate:

Soupermom
04-01-2005, 11:19 AM
bumping

JonetteA
04-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Do you know if you can have a professional photographer on board taking pictures?

Soupermom
04-01-2005, 07:00 PM
bumping :Pinkbounc

dreams91
04-01-2005, 09:41 PM
No AAA discount....I found being a 'grand gathering' extremely frustrating. I wouldn't do it again. Anytime I wanted to add a reservation or change something (like apply AP discount), I had to go through the gathering people which took longer and therefore, I didn't get through in time to receive some discounts on rooms....

Cheshire Figment
04-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Do you know if you can have a professional photographer on board taking pictures?
Sure, as long as he is a member of the Grand Gathering and the fee has been paid. Of course, I don't know why you would want one. The boat seats somewhere about 100 people and you are going to have multiple groups on the boat.