PDA

View Full Version : Trading Pins

sunie
03-29-2005, 10:27 PM
Do you have any trading suggestions? Where to get a good lanyard to pin them all on while at the parks? Also, what do you do with them when you return home from Disney? I would appreciate any advice/info. you can offer.
:disrocks:

Forevryoung
03-29-2005, 10:53 PM
I posted in another post that I made my lanyards out of embrodery thread so that they were nice and lightweight. I also put a key ring at the end so that I can clip things onto it (such as a holder for my fast passes). I think they look awesome let me know if you want directions how I made them

scorp111
03-30-2005, 05:48 AM
We display them in our Disney room, when we return from the parks.

We take a Blank Canvas frame (about $5) and push the pins through the canvas and then hang them on the wall. It is a simple and cheap way to display the pins vs. leaving them in a drawer somewhere.

DJT
03-30-2005, 07:01 AM
Does anyone know where a pin "book" can be purchased? I mean the kind they sell at Disney to hold the pins, only less expensive?

Donna

Michael623
03-30-2005, 07:10 AM
I got mine at cheappins.com but I'm not 100% sure they still sell pin books. Also you could check ebay.

Aneille
03-30-2005, 07:25 AM
This is an idea I just recently had. I hope to go to Disney once a year from now on and I really love the pins but personally its just more clutter for me if I collect them...so

I have 2 kids age 19 months and 3. I will buy them 6 pins each and I will then let them trade all 6 ones they really love. I figure the ones they choose will kind of tell a story when you look back at them. I will take those 6 pins and display them in a shadow box (I think thats what its called) and hang it on their wall with a cheap engraved plate inside telling the name of my child, age and month/yr of trip.

So I figure my 19 month can't do much trading so I'll help her out but let her choose, I figure she'll pick a lot of bears since she loves them especially Pooh. As they get older it will be a way for me and them to remember their childhood and they will get a nice collection that means something to them.

jadejazzkayla
03-30-2005, 07:25 AM
i just won a beautiful lilo & stich lanyard this morning on ebay. my daughter hangs her lanyard from her mirror in her room. easy access since she shows it off quite a bit to friends and familyl.

Disneyland_emily
03-30-2005, 11:23 AM
I have a basic lanyard I use at the parks and when I get home they get corkboarded or framed depending if its now a complete set or not.. I love it this way so they are always visible- How I do my pins is I only get ones that represent a specific memory of a trip ie I was there on DL's 47-48-49th birthdays so I have the birthday pin from that day etc. See now its not just pin buying its memory collecting... totally justifys it ;)
-em

sunie
03-30-2005, 11:56 AM
Thank you everyone! Great ideas, now I don't feel like the pins will be wasted/forgotten after our trip! Where do you get the blank canvas frame/corkboard/shadow box, and how much are they? :cheer2:

buzz2400
03-30-2005, 12:23 PM
I bought a photo album and was going to try and put my pins in this. I have not done it yet so I can't tell you if it would work.