PDA

View Full Version : Using Hotwire For Gift Cards?

mom2mira
03-28-2005, 08:28 PM
I joined Hotwire last year for the vouchers and stupid me never cancelled. Since we are going again in April with the meal plan, I don't need the vouchers, but I was thinking of getting some fast food GCs for the way down. Has anyone ever had problems with them crediting their account at the end of the month with the $2 per $10 spent?

MCazer
03-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Never had a problem with the $2.00 credits. I have bought the Wendy's and Kentucky Fried certificates, they are great!

javaj
03-28-2005, 08:59 PM
I order 5+ giftcards per month, no problem whatsoever. I've had HWSC for almost a year now.

I joined Hotwire last year for the vouchers and stupid me never cancelled. Since we are going again in April with the meal plan, I don't need the vouchers, but I was thinking of getting some fast food GCs for the way down. Has anyone ever had problems with them crediting their account at the end of the month with the $2 per $10 spent?

mom2mira
03-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the quick responses. Off to order some. :)

The Disney Bunch
03-29-2005, 08:46 AM
We have had Hotwire for two years now and the selection for the GC for on-line shopping and restaurants has gotten even better. I bought tons of GC for Christmas gifts last year and I even used the Chuck E Cheese GC to help pay for my daughter's birthday party. I have never had a problem getting the credit. Good luck!

4greatboys
03-29-2005, 09:10 AM
We use a lot of the gift cards. I buy some of the restaurant cards to keep in my wallet so when we are out and want to pop in Red Lobser or wherever to eat its already paid for. Also many times I get a coupon for B1G1 free or a certain $$ and using that in conjunction with gift cards makes for an even bigger savings. Same with the retail cards.

polkadotladybug
03-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Can someone explain with this is?

my3kids
03-29-2005, 09:57 AM
No problems here either. PolkaDot: Hotwire Savings Club costs $7.95 per month, but you can order gift cards to many stores and restaurants at a 20 % discount. You pay $25 for a card, but $5 get refunded at the beginning of the next month. Cards are available from a number of places. Some I remember and have purchased are Lands End, Target, Barnes & Noble, Linens & Things, Red Lobster, Outback Steak House, Circuit City. You can also get fast food coupons for Wendy's, KFC...$10 with $2 refunded.

hambirg
03-29-2005, 02:01 PM
I love the Target ones. I used them for my Christmas shopping this year and saved about $120. We also like the movie tickets. I keep a stock of them on hand and use them for birthdays, etc.