PDA

View Full Version : Ing

Goofyta
03-28-2005, 04:43 PM
This may be a stupid question. What is an ING account? I have seen a few people mention this and I don't know what it is. I was thinking it was a retirement fund, then people mentioned something about their kids spending money from their ING accounts.

Savin4Disney
03-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Sent you a PM about it

DISNEY GUEST
03-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Yes what is ING? :confused3 :confused3
Tink

Savin4Disney
03-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Disney Guest I sent you a pm too.

Love your name!

debbiedoo
03-28-2005, 06:02 PM
?? Have wondered also ????

Emme
03-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Me too! I keep reading about it, but not sure exactly what it is :flower:

Emmy

TeresaMc
03-28-2005, 06:09 PM
It is a savings account that pays better than average interest rates.

missmulan
03-28-2005, 07:18 PM
On the top of this Forum is a Sticky Thread called ING FAQs. You should just read a few pages and it'll give you all the info you need. There was a thread here a few days ago that shows you how to get the entire $50 bonus for opening an account. Search the forums and do your research before you open an account. :flower:

barbnbrian
03-29-2005, 09:39 AM
ING Accts. are the best! Free money just for opening an account with as little as $1.00 I opened my own personal account, got the $25 bonus for signing up. Turned around and sent a referral to my hubby & son, signed them up, and they got $25 each too. Now I'm going to sign up my two daughters and they'll each get $25 for signing up. Heck, it's extra cash that I'll turn around and withdraw before our trip in August and use it for some extra treats!

I don't know why I ever waited so long to sign up before! So glad I finally did sign up. :flower:

bunny213
03-29-2005, 09:59 AM
Okay - I've read about both of these accounts....but what does it mean in the Virtual one about "two small deposits"? I don't understand that. In your estimation which is better to use ING or Virtual? I'm NOT at all familiar with bank rates and I'm always nervous about banking...I have a money market account and a savings account at my CU...is this better? I am so confused...it sounds like you all like it and are pleased. Was it hard to do on the computer...I'm not very computer literate either...in fact I'm nervous just typing this and thinking about doing it!!! lol Barb in Texas

chipmunkfan
03-29-2005, 10:02 AM
I just signed up for an ING account also. I couldn't believe how fast the funds accumulate. You can have the funds automatically transmitted to the ING account by the amount you choose and how often you would like. I chose every other week to have the funds transferred. It is very easy!

DiznEeyore
03-29-2005, 10:04 AM
Okay - I've read about both of these accounts....but what does it mean in the Virtual one about "two small deposits"? I don't understand that. In your estimation which is better to use ING or Virtual? I'm NOT at all familiar with bank rates and I'm always nervous about banking...I have a money market account and a savings account at my CU...is this better? I am so confused...it sounds like you all like it and are pleased. Was it hard to do on the computer...I'm not very computer literate either...in fact I'm nervous just typing this and thinking about doing it!!! lol Barb in Texas
Barb: I totally understand what you mean about being nervous! I was, too, at the beginning. But I've had my account at ING for 4 years and have been nothing but pleased.

The two small deposits are put into the account you link to ING to verify that the electronic transactions go through properly. They're usually under .20 if I recall correctly.

I love how the interest accrues daily, and at 2.8%, it's a better rate than I can get anywhere else. Plus, once you open your account, you can give referrals to others and earn money each time you do (as well as enabling them to get $25 free when they open their account).

If you have any other questions, ask away! Someone here will be able to help! :)

Cindy B
03-29-2005, 10:08 AM
I've been with ING for four years and love them. Its a wonderful way to save money.

jkmmah
03-29-2005, 10:16 AM
After reading so much about ING on here I've been researching it on their website. I don't see anywhere on their site where you can get a $25 initial bonus by opening an account. What am I not seeing? Thanks!

belsayre
03-29-2005, 10:48 AM
you have to have a referral from someone to get the $25 bonus ~ just pm someone from here ~ most of us have tons of referrals left~ BUT you cant ask for or offer to give referrals here on the boards
see the sticky thread at the top of this page
Lesley princess:

jekajekalynn
03-29-2005, 12:02 PM
After reading so much about ING on here I've been researching it on their website. I don't see anywhere on their site where you can get a $25 initial bonus by opening an account. What am I not seeing? Thanks!

I sent you a PM. :sunny: