PDA

View Full Version : Survivor Fans-boston Rob/paradise Island

Pages : [1] 2

Laura24
03-27-2005, 11:22 AM
[/COLOR]:cloud9: Just had to mention while on our 3/10 3 nt. Wonder cruise, my DD's, and I ran into Boston Rob of Survivor/Amazing Race fame on Paradise Island. He was so genuinely down to earth, inviting us for photo's (my hands were shaking so bad I couldn't focus the camera!!) (DD to the rescue) and would not give any hints as to who won Amazing Race!! "You gotta watch it to find out"!!! I inquired as to where Amber was and he said "I don't know, I've been trying to find her." I just wanted to tag along in his search for her. What a nice surprise for us. :goodvibes

PhotobearSam
03-27-2005, 11:29 AM
How nice...I would have loved that.

Did not like him on Survivor but had a lot of respect for him and his playing skills.

Now I love him and they seem to be in LOVE...

Post the pics when you get them... :goodvibes

jlawall
03-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Wow, that's so cool! I'm really enjoying how they're playing the AR this season!

katboferguson
03-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Wow! I watched the show in which they won that trip. I even thought to myself wouldn't it be cool if my family ran into them when we go in July. Anyway, glad to hear he was nice. He has been my favorite player out of all of the survivor shows, and I am having fun watching him up to his old tricks on the Amazing Race.

soccercruiser87
03-27-2005, 06:18 PM
wow!...i wish i was there lol, i like how he played the game lol :rotfl:

B9erSteve
03-27-2005, 06:21 PM
He is the one and only Survivor that I thought that I would like to meet. And the way, he's playing AR! He's breathed new life into the show.

lbgraves
03-27-2005, 07:49 PM
How neat! It would have been nice to meet Amber too. Honestly, I couldn't stand the guy & his ego on Survivor but have found myself rooting for them on AR. They do make a cute couple and he seems to be one of the few people who seem to enjoy life and every opportunity instead of griping about everything & everyone else.

mbw12
03-28-2005, 05:49 AM
Oh man....I am envious! I just love him both on survivor and now this has made me watch Amazing Race for the first time ever!

Macnjac87
03-28-2005, 06:18 AM
I cannot stand that guy!!

TiggerInNY
03-28-2005, 06:44 AM
Macnjac - I thought I was the only one!!!! He's a snake, in my book. I've been watching the Amazing Race from the 1st season, and he's the first one that I can't stand!! I don't know, maybe it's the "B" on his hat (which he gave away) or maybe it's his sneaky attitude, but I am waiting for them to screw up and be last at one pitstop. One can hope, right?

Glad to hear I'm not alone out here.....

TiggerInNY

Laura24
03-28-2005, 07:09 AM
Macnjac - I thought I was the only one!!!! He's a snake, in my book. I've been watching the Amazing Race from the 1st season, and he's the first one that I can't stand!! I don't know, maybe it's the "B" on his hat (which he gave away) or maybe it's his sneaky attitude, but I am waiting for them to screw up and be last at one pitstop. One can hope, right?

Glad to hear I'm not alone out here.....

TiggerInNY
:sunny:
Not intending to turn this into the Survivor, AR great debate.
OK...so I had to get beyond the *B* on his hat also, but honestly think about the concept behind Survivor....*Outwit, outplay, outlast". It's just a game and anyone of us would do what it takes to win. Now Amazing Race is a whole different concept, relying on gut instincts and team effort. I think this season has been so much more interesting also with Rob and Ambers game playing. I've never seen such a bunch of whiney competitors before in any of the past shows. Gee, we all had to endure the abuse Jonathan put Victoria through in the last race. That was above and beyond game playing. Gotta see the humor in the competitors and their game playing. Again, it was a great surprise for us. The smiles on my DD's faces in the photo's say it all. Just a wonderful opportunity for us via The Disney Wonder. :flower:

Luckymommyx2
03-28-2005, 08:42 AM
I think it's great you got to meet him! Please post pics when you get a chance. It wouldn't surprise me if Rob and Amber won AR...they are really doing well with lots of luck on there side, so far.

married2grumpy
03-28-2005, 08:49 AM
I am a Survivor fan and LOVE Boston Rob! :love: He was my absolute favorite survivor and I think he played the game great.

I can't believe you got to meet him. That is so awesome. Please post your pictures when you can.

BTW, my hands would have been shaking too! :blush:

ldb1030
03-28-2005, 08:50 AM
I can't wait till they get kicked off AR!!!! :rotfl:
Apparently, they are going to make their living off reality tv shows!! ;)

mrsfuzzmo
03-28-2005, 08:59 AM
I am a great fan of Amazing Race, but he is such a jerk (I'd love to use a harsher word, but this is the Disney Board) that it almost makes me want to quit watching the show. Why in the world would they put those two on another show....talk about ruining a show. Who would want them to win another Million? Where are all the good "regular" people that would play their hearts out to win a million? Where are the "new" reality celebrities. Who wants to watch them again. Their 15 minutes of fame was up a long, long time ago.

Cant' wait till they screw up and hear Phil say... Rob, Amber.....your the last team to arrive, you've BOTH been eliminated from the race.

RichNKatHolly
03-28-2005, 09:56 AM
I am a great fan of Amazing Race, but he is such a jerk (I'd love to use a harsher word, but this is the Disney Board) that it almost makes me want to quit watching the show. Why in the world would they put those two on another show....talk about ruining a show. Who would want them to win another Million? Where are all the good "regular" people that would play their hearts out to win a million? Where are the "new" reality celebrities. Who wants to watch them again. Their 15 minutes of fame was up a long, long time ago.

Cant' wait till they screw up and hear Phil say... Rob, Amber.....your the last team to arrive, you've BOTH been eliminated from the race.

Yes! I'm waiting for those words too!!! But, then I don't know who to root for. I love the grannies but it doesn't look like they will get past this week - and the cute brothers from CA - not too swift though it seems. Gay couple is nice too but Rob and Amber, PeeYou meanies! If being mean and sneaky gets them another $1 million I don't know what I'll do! :confused3

:flower: Don't get mad Rob and Amber lovers, just my opinion - I can see the other points of view on them as well (and I do not watch survivor). :flower:

TiggerInNY
03-28-2005, 10:11 AM
I feel the same way. I guess it's a game but it's not Survivor! I guess if they win, the following ARaces will be built on deceit and just plain unfairness. Like when Rob told the security guard in the airport not to give any information to any other contestants. That was not right. I don't know, maybe that's the way he's used to playing. But it's just my opinion, I can't do that. It would bother my conscience(?) too much. Like another poster said, they already won $1 Million dollars, give someone else a chance. Ratings, ratings, ratings = money, money, money, for the broadcasters, I mean.

We'll have to see what happens.

TTFN,
Maria

P.S. - I don't watch survivor.

jennat
03-28-2005, 10:23 AM
One thing nice to say about them on the AM....Look how he treats the locals. He takes the time to introduce himself, shake hands, give them his hat, thank them, etc. He treats them like people, unlike the other players. Yes he is coniving but it is hilarious IMHO and I'm sure the other teams attitudes were made very clear to him from the beginning. They never had a chance. I am falling on the side of people who love them in the AM (I didn't really like them in Survivor). I was more turned off by the two "lifelong friends" who just outright lied to the "POW/beauty queen" in the sand pile race...thought that was tacky.

I would have loved to have seen and met them and I'm not surprised he was really nice.

Just my two cents.....no more valid than others.....
That's why there is chocolate and vanilla!

TiggerInNY
03-28-2005, 10:32 AM
No, you're right, he is nice to the locals, but that only makes it more convincing that he's a sneak and a double crosser. Really 2-faced. Nice to your face and will stab you in the back when he gets his chance. How about when he was confronted at the airport about the security guard and denied it!! Nice....I understand it's a game, but I would have to go with someone who has a little more integrity to win. Just my opinion.

Maria :flower:

nymets
03-28-2005, 10:32 AM
I'm rooting for Boston Rob and Amber to win the race. Just remember it's 1 million before taxes So i would think about $600,000 which isn't alot to buy a house in NYC. 500,000 and up for a normal 3 bedroom house. Anyway the other teams all hate them for wiinning Surivor . GO ROB and AMBER :cool1: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :earsboy: :earsgirl: :banana: :banana:

newcruiser05
03-28-2005, 11:30 AM
Rob is the best player of "the game" than anyone. He is one of the few who knows its a game and strategizes to win "the game". He makes it worth watching and I agree, they seem like a very loving couple. I am so happy for both of them.

And I am jealous - I would have LOVED to run into them. And in real life, when he is NOT playing a GAME, he seems genuinely nice. He let everyone take pictures with him- that is so cool. It was a vacation for him too so taking time from his personal leisure time is remarkable. You probably were not the first yet he treated you respectfully.

Would love to see the pictures - please post them when you have them!!

jmcdonnell04
03-28-2005, 11:53 AM
My DW and I are big Boston Rob and Amber fans. We never watched the
Amazing Race until this year because of Rob & Amber are on the show.
We just laugh out load watching common sense prevail over the other contestants.

I disagree about the argument that because Rob & Amber already have won
a reality show that they are not deserving of winning the AR. That's
like saying the Patriots shouldn't win the Super Bowl because they won
last year. Just rollover and let the other team win because they
haven't won and Philadelphia deserves a turn is not an American ideal.

Let them play and let the best team win.

wdwoldtimer
03-28-2005, 11:56 AM
That is so cool you met Rob!!

I would have stuck around with him all day....even missed the boat to meet Amber. Would like to see the pics as well!

Shana Rayce
03-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Don't hate them because they know how to play the GAME that they are playing! I am SO sick of hearing Lynn and Alex complain about R&A and how much they hate them...WHY do they hate them so much...because they are doing so well in the game??? Too bad! They are just jealous and sore losers! I wait for the episode where they are told that they are the last to arrive and they are sent home packing!!

I loved R&A on Survivor and I love them on AR! They are a great couple who seem to really love each other and as a previous poster mentioned, they treat the locals along the way well.

Certainly we are all entitled to route for our favorite team...but I think that R&A are getting treated very poorly for doing what they are there to do...play/win the GAME!

Looking forward to seeing the pics from the Atlantis! Thanks for sharing!

huey duey & luey
03-28-2005, 12:13 PM
I also love Rob and Amber. I think the are hysterical. Everyone is getting so bent out of shape on how he is playing, but remember it is a GAME and worth 1 million dollars. I think he plays it very smart.He isnt doing anything that he isnt allowed too, plus I think Phil gets a huge kick out of them. I read in People Magazine that the other teams didn't like them from the start, why should he be nice to them. ALso I think that his truest test of character is how he treats his teamate, not the other teams. Go Rob and Amber :cheer2:

thatmom
03-28-2005, 12:18 PM
I can't wait till they get kicked off AR!!!! :rotfl:
Apparently, they are going to make their living off reality tv shows!! ;)

Well it seems to me they are doing a pretty good job of it!! They are on their way to million number two!!
Carla :)

RichNKatHolly
03-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Despite my previous post, I do believe that on AR you do what you have to to win - I mean hey $1 pre-tax, $600 after-tax, I'd take 1/2 right about now! It'd make one super Disney vacation! :goodvibes

They are just not my favorite team. I do like to see the "bad guy" get what he deserves though. You want to look at these reality shows they way your mom always told you the world was - You have to be good and you will go far. Not always mom! :earsgirl:

PhotobearSam
03-28-2005, 12:33 PM
What i found funny is the number of people whon like someone on AR or Survivor because they seem nice. Ok, nice is NICE but I am watching a GAME.

I don't root for a team because they are nice, i root for them because they are REALLY PLAYING the game.

I love wathching reality shows like Survivor, Amazin Race and Big Brother. The best thing is that no matter what the show, people delay voting off the player that is the biggest threat. It always backfires on them. I love it.

Romber is a great team to watch and I love that they actually PLAY to win. Life is unfair, but the one who attacks challenges head on can make the best of it.

I say, more power to them. :cheer2:

poohssmum
03-28-2005, 12:36 PM
This thread has me :rotfl2: I have to admit that I hated Boston Rob on Survivor both times he was on ... BUT strangely, I've found myself routing for him and Amber on AR :confused3 None of the other teams have endeared themselves to me so far ... so I'll just continue to watch and :rotfl:

kris1973
03-28-2005, 01:18 PM
When Rob was on Survivor #1 I really disliked him. Then he was on all star Survivor and liked him. Now he is on Amazing Race and I truelly love it and am rooting for him and Amber to win.

The way I think of it....Rob is like a fungus and he grows on you!!!

Kristin

agotta
03-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Boston Rob should not win the Amazing Race. I said it right there, it's a RACE not a game. Besides that he blatantly cheats the other players and is obnoxious and cocky. I can't wait until he screws up!

RichNKatHolly
03-28-2005, 02:36 PM
I dont like them much either, but what about the abusive couple (don't remember their names, but he's a meathead and she's always crying "I can't do it") - they screwed Meredith and Gretchen last week. Romber isn't the only team cheating, but for $1 million I cannot say my usual niceties wouldn't fly out the window. Not very "Disney" of me I know :confused3

This thread gave me a second look at Rob & Amber but I don't know if I'll actually ROOT for them tomorrow - we'll see. I think he's more stupid than evil.

PhotobearSam
03-28-2005, 02:50 PM
I don't think he is cheating...Just being sneaky.

If he was cheating, he would get penalties...He is playing the loopholes in the game but that is good strategy.

When Chip and (forgot her name) won a couple of seasons ago, she did none or almost none of the roadblock. So the next Season AR changed the rules...No one complained back then about Chip and his wife.

As for Rob and Amber already having won...If I win the lottery, can I not play ever again?

If I win a bowling tournament, can i not enter again?

I have a friend who sings like an angel. She had won a lot of local contests to the point she was asked to not enter...Fair...I don't think so. What ever happened to "May the best Team/person win"?

I can't wait to see the pic of Rob...What a thrill to meet him. I would be crushing...even with my DH there. I love the CAN-DO type of guy. He is always thinking...Some teams leave their brains at home.

Wonder if they won other trips...Maybe we can try to follow them...LOL

ldb1030
03-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Well it seems to me they are doing a pretty good job of it!! They are on their way to million number two!!
Carla :)

No, SHE might be on her way to million number two!
Let's just hope they don't ever have to get REAL jobs! :rolleyes:

RichNKatHolly
03-28-2005, 04:02 PM
No, SHE might be on her way to million number two!
Let's just hope they don't ever have to get REAL jobs! :rolleyes:

Yeah, maybe he's not so dumb - he didn't win Survivor so he proposed to the $1mill winner and they've been top of the pack on AR many times so far. Hmmmmm. I'm wondering if he was even with Amber on PI or that was just a very clever answer???? :teeth:

KaitlinsMom
03-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Count me as another one that didn't like Rob on Survivor - But I really think the way he is playing AR is fantastic - After all, it is a game - He has been really strategic in this game -A lot smarter than I thought he would be - He does treat the locals great - He treats them with respect (especially by speaking to them in their language)

I believe I read somewhere that if they do win, they were either going to donate all or some of the money to a charity -

pjpoohbear
03-28-2005, 07:44 PM
I really like Rob and Amber as racers, they add a lot to the production, ie. asides to the camera. And they actually play the game, they just don't do the tasks. I think this is the type of play that has been missing from this show, and I have been a fan since the very first race. I mean they did very well on the out wit, out play part of survior and it is serving them well on the race.

Always liked the travel aspect of the show and the tasks, but now it really is a competition. I had hoped that Alison and Donny(several races ago) would have done better, but they let thier relationship get in the way. Rob and Amber play to win, and they support the decision each other makes, that is what it is about.

If the girls didn't secure their cab with $, and the driver was willing to leave for $ then that is the way of the race. Rob and Amber think through tasks before they go off with out a clue, gets them done faster. They ask in a nice way for favours of locals and it works, honey vs vingear and all that.

R and A make the show a lot more interesting, and the other teams really need to concentrate on their own race if they hope to not be eliminated before R and A.

Penny

jdm
03-28-2005, 07:45 PM
When Chip and (forgot her name) won a couple of seasons ago, she did none or almost none of the roadblock.

Kim. It was Chip and Kim.

Call me a New England transplant that is homesick or just a big Red Sox fan, but I love Boston Rob. It's just fun watching him. His accent is great and just his whole east coast demeanor makes me smile. I could watch and listen to him all night. And, lets not forget, what a cutie!

I certainly wouldn't vote him into government (well......) but for a mindless bit of TV fun, I'm rooting for them (second, after the older couple).

Jenn

PhotobearSam
03-28-2005, 09:00 PM
Just realized this...

Amazing Race

Amber Rob

It is written.

LOL
' :rotfl:

mbw12
03-29-2005, 05:34 AM
Why in the world would they put those two on another show....talk about ruining a show.

Probably because they knew that there were alot of people (myself included) that had never watched Amazing Race. but once I saw the commercials before this season aired and it showed Rob and Amber, I definitely decided to watch it! and I have found that I enjoy the show....maybe I would have liked it without them, maybe not.....but I wouldn't have watched it otherwise because it never looked interesting to me. Now, maybe I will keep being hooked and also watch the next season? You never know?

also, why would they use a POW from the war on this show? For the same reason, it is endearing to people to root for him!!!! It all comes down to ratings.

Laura24
03-29-2005, 07:05 AM
:grouphug: I am sort of speechless! I can see we are all passionate about Survivor/ AR.
Again, any one of us would do what it would take to *WIN*....it's just a game. Taking opportunities is part of every day life, with or without conscience. As for the pictures, I know this is PC illiteracy, but I haven't quite figured out the how to's. Sorry, but I am open to suggestions. ;)

ThreeSmiths
03-29-2005, 07:05 PM
I read a rumor as to who won AR...seems that the results might have leaked out. I don't want to spoil the suprise for anyone who hasn't heard the rumor, but has anyone else heard about this rumored "leak"?

Stacy

PS Not a fan of the Amber and Rob team....although I think it was cool that you met him!

amy2girls
03-29-2005, 09:48 PM
Omg, I Can't Believe How Heartless They Were Tonight On The Double Episode. After Tonight I Sure Hope They Don't Win.

karlad61
03-29-2005, 10:18 PM
I must admit that I have been rooting for them up until tonight. But after tonight's episode, any respect I had for them is gone.

FirstTimer
03-29-2005, 10:20 PM
I've loved Amazing Race since its first season and have looked forward to each subsequent season. Having said that last season left me :confused3 and I toward the end I wasn't rooting for anyone. I was afraid it was losing it's edge :guilty: but then this season in comes ROB & AMBER! Regardless of what you say, that guy has some charisma and he's brought a new element to the show which hey is entertaining.. I know many think its wrong but rob & amber are my guilty pleasure and though I know they're sneaky, I'm still rooting for them. It may be called Amazing Race but don't be fooled it is definitely a GAME. And Rob & Amber are one of the best at playing it so far. :goodvibes

If the other teams would concentrate on their games and not on their "hate"(how can you hate someone you don't know) :confused3 for Rob & Amber then they'd be ahead. Not to mention this season is the highest rated season for AR so far and whether you love them or hate them, they are definitely worth watching.

lbgraves
03-29-2005, 10:33 PM
Hey! Only one team stopped to help the brothers but R&A are taking all the heat for not stopping. LOL! Next week's special show looks like it will give more dirt on what they have probably had to put up with from the other teams. They didn't show as many anti R&A comments tonight but somehow I doubt that the other teams stopped.

pppiglet
03-30-2005, 01:34 AM
I have to admit that I hated Boston Rob on Survivor both times he was on ... BUT strangely, I've found myself routing for him and Amber on AR None of the other teams have endeared themselves to me so far ... so I'll just continue to watch

This is me too! They do play this race/game well. And could you believe it that some lady in South Africa recognizes them and helps them! How funny is that! I think the Gay guys are funny to watch too.

mbw12
03-30-2005, 06:15 AM
I must admit that I have been rooting for them up until tonight. But after tonight's episode, any respect I had for them is gone.

Ok....I missed this episode.....can someone tell me what happened, please????

B9erSteve
03-30-2005, 06:26 AM
In a nutshell, the brothers had and accident where they rolled their jeep. They were unharmed but their cameraman must have gotten whacked by his camera pretty good. When seen, the Jeep was on it side and the cameraman was laying on his side with his head propped up. (a very poor c-spine immobilization technique) The Boyfriends stopped and proceeded to pace and worry about the accident but did NOTHING to help this situation. (If you can't render aid you're in the way in an accident) Then the Boyfriends got upset because Rob and Amber drove right past the accident. (They could have stopped for a moment and made sure there was not help needed, but that should have been obvious by the Boyfriends standing around drinking water. Besides, to my knowledge, neither Rob nor Amber are trained medical personnel.) Rob kept driving and ended up in 3rd place while The Boyfriends were in the back of the pack for their "good deed." The host at the end stated that the cameraman will be OK.

definately dory
03-30-2005, 06:39 AM
He was my favorite on Survivor and I love them on the Amazing Race.Hey you gotta do what you gotta do to win a million bucks. He plays the game to win, you can make friends after the show! :goodvibes

agotta
03-30-2005, 08:00 AM
Hey! Only one team stopped to help the brothers but R&A are taking all the heat for not stopping. LOL! Next week's special show looks like it will give more dirt on what they have probably had to put up with from the other teams. They didn't show as many anti R&A comments tonight but somehow I doubt that the other teams stopped.

Every other team stoppped. Maybe they didn't get out, but they stopped and asked the brothers if they were ok. Rob just flew right by and said Hey this is a race, let's not get carried away...what compassion!

kris1973
03-30-2005, 08:08 AM
I don't think Rob and Amber had to stop but they could have at least rolled down the window and asked if they were ok. Regardless of how they have been treated that is the right thing to do.

I am still rooting for Rob and Amber to win the Amazing Race.

lbgraves
03-30-2005, 08:19 AM
LOL! Remember guys, editing can make or break a person's image on these shows. They don't show every single second that happens. :)

cjsmith
03-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Every other team stoppped. Maybe they didn't get out, but they stopped and asked the brothers if they were ok. Rob just flew right by and said Hey this is a race, let's not get carried away...what compassion!

They may have not stopped, but in reality they knew they were in a race and that there was nothing they could have done. Remember, there were plenty of people already on scene, more than we were allowed to see I'm sure. Even though some of the other teams quickly stopped to see if they were okay, most while the car was still rolling, would they have actually fully stopped and lost real time in order to help?
The other team members have also all hated Rob and Amber since the beginning and have treated then very poorly. I saw an interview with the host and he said that the other team members started with Rob and Amber before the race even started and he only saw that it got worse as the race went on, they never stood a chance. Almost all the teams have done something to them at one point or another.
Also remember, what we see is so highly edited so who really knows what really goes on in the race. We perceive the contestants the way that they want us to do by editing the tv program the way they want!

agotta
03-30-2005, 10:15 AM
Poor Amber and Rob. Nobody likes them. :rotfl:

Mindymom
03-30-2005, 11:53 AM
If you're in a bicycle race, car race, ect... do you stop to see if someone is OK if they have crashed? Rob and Amber bring more to the show, I never could get into the previous AR seasons but am enjoying this one. :moped:

RichNKatHolly
03-30-2005, 12:32 PM
I agree with not having to get out of the car and check but a rolling open window "are you OK?" would be nice. My big problem with A&R last night were the comments about Meredith pushing Gretchen - it just seemed rude. And getting made at the boyfriends for not sharing the cab. He got so mad so I assume he forgot about stealing the girls' cab a few weeks ago. Remember Rob, it's a game! :goodvibes

I was very happy though with who got the boot - that guy was just horrible with a capital H!

I have LOVED every single season of AR - it is such a super show that doesn't usually resort to typical reality show crap (bikinis, eating live bugs or animal testicles). The key seems to be working together and making well thought out decisions. So far A&R seem to be doing that - the past 2 teams to get the boot did not! I do think though that Amber is not so bright and follows Rob around like a puppy looking for guidance. Not sure that's so smart either! :scratchin

JMO

Yankee914
03-30-2005, 02:42 PM
Poor Rob and Amber! They win $1 million dollars on Survivor and may win another million. They definitely have an unfair advantage in Amazing Race because their celebrity allows them to take advantage of citizens' good nature.

ldb1030
03-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Poor Rob and Amber! They win $1 million dollars on Survivor and may win another million. They definitely have an unfair advantage in Amazing Race because their celebrity allows them to take advantage of citizens' good nature.

THEY did not win 1million dollars! AMBER won! Rob just get's to share it now I suppose!
Amber actually does not do a darn thing on that show! Rob is the one who thinks of everything and Amber just goes along for the ride!! :rolleyes:

agotta
03-30-2005, 03:22 PM

Read....sarcasm!

married2grumpy
03-30-2005, 05:47 PM

I just said to my sister in law last night that it is amazing how they are recognized everywhere they go. I was laughing hyserically when that woman who was helping them last night referred to Rob as "Boston Rob". I think we got to see a glimpse of how their "fame" can also be a disadvantage. People want to stop them and talk to them wherever they go. This must be annoying when you are in a race. They seem to be very gracious to all their fans and the locals they come into contact with during the race.

So, while I'm sure they do have a slight advantage because of their fame it also comes with its disadvantages.

wide awake
03-30-2005, 06:39 PM
I can't stand Boston Rob...Amber doesn't have enough personality to like or dislike...hope they'll lose on Amazing Race but have a feeling if they came in last it would be a lose the money round instead of being off the show. I haven't enjoyed Amazing Race this time because of their participation.

kreedham
03-30-2005, 11:02 PM
Kaitlin's mom, yes I read about the name of the winner being leaked out. Two sportsbooks stopped taking bets when one of the teams suddenly began getting a lot of action. I kept reading cause I wanted to know. It won't keep me from watching the show. However I probably will quit watching if Rob and Amber get eliminated. Like em or not they are entertaining. If you want to know who the betting action got heavy on PM me and I'll tell you! Don't want to spoil it for others(assuming they are the winners).

Laura24
03-31-2005, 07:07 AM
:goodvibes Did I mention, by the way, what a great cruise we had. Calm seas, better weather that in Orlando those two weeks (7th-18th) (rain, rain, go away) and thank goodness we waited out the wind and made it to CC!
What fun we've had with this. :banana:
P.S. I'm rooting for Meredith and Gretchen to win AR....what troopers they have been. :sunny:

TiggerInNY
03-31-2005, 08:31 AM
How many more weeks left? There's, what, 6 teams left? I can't take it anymore!!! Come on - - let's get to the winner!!

TTFN,
TiggerInNY
Maria :flower:

padisneyfan
03-31-2005, 08:37 AM
I also read about the possible winner. There is an Amazing Race thread over on the Community Board and there is also a possible theory of who the final 3 are and who get elimintated when. You would have to read back through the thread after episode 5.

SandraLee
03-31-2005, 08:38 AM
Does anyone know why the beauty queen and the military guy (Ron & Kelly) didn't get a prize for coming in first this week? Usually, they get a trip or the cars. But, I don't remember them getting anything.

For me . . . I'm routing for the brothers. I think they are cool in everything. They treat each other and everyone else with respect and still can be competative in the race.

And, can you tell me how anyone can be in this type of race and not be able to read a map!? :confused3 That did the girls out and I couldn't believe it.

RichNKatHolly
03-31-2005, 08:56 AM
:goodvibes Did I mention, by the way, what a great cruise we had. Calm seas, better weather that in Orlando those two weeks (7th-18th) (rain, rain, go away) and thank goodness we waited out the wind and made it to CC!
What fun we've had with this. :banana:
P.S. I'm rooting for Meredith and Gretchen to win AR....what troopers they have been. :sunny:

Me too! I love Meredith and Gretchen - it really takes a lot for them to go in there and race with the young "kids." I like the brothers too - no infighting, they get along and support each other - equal workers. :love: I'd have to say that in my opinion these are the only 2 teams I can say that about.

I love AR - it's such a great show. I wish I could find someone to go on it with. My DH has too many phobias (and I don't like yucky smells) - anyone want to go with me??? :flower:

jlawall
04-01-2005, 09:47 PM
I love AR this time and I enjoyed R & A until this week when they didn't give money to M & G and they passed by the brothers. R & A will feel it if they have a problem later in the game. Overall though, I'm happy with all the remaining teams. However, I'm not happy with the way the beauty queen's partner treats her at times.

Fun show! :flower:

CPM
04-02-2005, 12:04 AM

That will be the day AR will once again be boring.
I think they added some spice to the show.

Michelle2
04-02-2005, 01:53 AM

DITTO!
I think that it is soo cool that the OP met him, but I have to say I cannot stand him either...was getting scared after the first few posts, wondering why and how I was the only one! LOL Hated (strong word I know) him on both Survivors, especially the Allstars, and dislike them both even more on AR.
BUT in all honestly, if I ran into them, I would be wanting to get pics, and be proud that I met him too! LOL I am glad to hear that he is down to earth and friendly OUTSIDE of these shows....I hope that they are gone soon though. Someone needs to beat them to the yield!

momm2four
04-02-2005, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=SandraLee]Does anyone know why the beauty queen and the military guy (Ron & Kelly) didn't get a prize for coming in first this week? Usually, they get a trip or the cars. But, I don't remember them getting anything.

I thought they got cars. Maybe I'm wrong, but it showed the host talking to them, and then it shot away to two vehicles. I wasn't listening too closely, but I got the impression that they were giving them the cars. Like I said, I could be wrong, but that's what I thought.

Oh, and speaking of editing, did you notice at the end when the boyfriends came into the pit stop and made the comment about Rob/Amber not stopping, it then showed a shot of Rob shrugging, like "Oh well,", but when it went back to the boyfriends, you could see what looked to be Rob/Amber sitting WAAAYY away in the background on those beds. The show made it look like Rob was directly saying "So what if we didn't stop" to the comment the boyfriends made, but he wasn't even around when that comment was made.

Lori P. :)

pjpoohbear
04-02-2005, 01:47 PM
The cars when to Denna and Ray (?) on the first episode this week, I also missed the prize for the Ron and Kelly. Did they get a trip or anything?

Penny

SandraLee
04-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Yeah, the cars were for Ray and Deana. I didn't see Ron and Kelly get anything except for the beds in the middle of nowhere. Phil even said "See those beds over there . . . "

lbgraves
04-02-2005, 02:04 PM
You know, all I remember for the second leg this week was him pointing out the beds & saying that they would be sleeping there for the night. Hmmm. I can't find anything on the website for their prize.

FirstTimer
04-02-2005, 05:24 PM
You know, all I remember for the second leg this week was him pointing out the beds & saying that they would be sleeping there for the night. Hmmm. I can't find anything on the website for their prize.

The prizes are giving out randomly sometimes teams in first place get them and sometimes they don't. :confused3 I know when the boyfriends came in first place they didn't get anything either.

momm2four
04-02-2005, 09:36 PM
As hard as they work to get to the PitStop, they should get something for coming in first... even if it's just a Twinkie, give the poor souls somthing. :earboy2:

Laura24
04-04-2005, 07:04 AM
:flower: And the Yankees romped the Redsox in yesterday's opener!!
I've been trying to convince my co-worker and her BF to try out for the AR. They are very athletic and competitive. I think it would be an amazing opportunity to rely on wit and instincts and stamina. Much more challenging than Survivor.
The art of editing really can misconstrue and re-context simple statements to make them work for or against a person. I would love to see the behind the scenes segments of AR.

lbgraves
04-04-2005, 07:44 AM
I know that they said that a behind the scenes show would be shown sometime this week in addition to the regular show but I can't find it in the listings. :( Did someone else hear that & will it be on next week instead?

TiggerInNY
04-04-2005, 07:44 AM
Let's go
Yankees!!!

TheWog
04-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Boston Rob and Jimmy Kimmell - separated at birth????

Long season.... don't worry the Sox will be there in October.... pirate: :cheer2:

TiggerInNY
04-04-2005, 09:12 AM
Looks like another good year for NY/Boston baseball. I'm just excited that there's something on TV to watch now. Besides going to the games. WAAAHHOOO!!!!

TiggerInNY
Maria

hygienejean
04-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Boston Rob is so cute! and ya gotta love that accent! :love:

TheWog
04-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Boston Rob is so cute! and ya gotta love that accent! :love:

What accent???? :rotfl: Isn't it everyone else that has the accent???? :confused3

jlawall
04-04-2005, 09:29 PM
:teeth: If anyone hears of the recap show, let us know! Don't tell us the possible winners...that would ruin the fun. This series is definitely my favorite.........

newfamilyman
04-05-2005, 08:02 AM
The recap show is on tomorrow (Weds.) night.

lbgraves
04-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Thank you for confirming what I thought that I had heard. :) The stupid TV guides are printed up too far in advance to allow for any special changes like this. :(

TheWog
04-06-2005, 01:35 PM
I'm officially on the Rob and Amber bandwagon. I think they are strong and are a favorite to win. They know how to play the game and win. I hope Rob and Kelly or the gay guys (nice comments last night) go next.

Yankee914
04-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Go Yankees!!!

TheWog
04-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Go Yankees!!!

Stop giving our manager a heart attack.....

LiserAnn
04-06-2005, 02:21 PM
Me too! I love Meredith and Gretchen - it really takes a lot for them to go in there and race with the young "kids."

I'm rooting for Meredith and Gretchen also-I give them a lot of credit. They work well together and they show such respect and love for one another...more couples today can learn from watching them.

The other reason why I'd love them to win is because the older folks in our society are often looked over because of their age. It's almost as if society is thinking their age should discredit them from accomplishing difficult, strenuous or mentally challenging tasks. Even Rob and Amber make snide comments about Meredith and Gretchen. Hey, I'm only 39 but we're all gonna get there someday!!!

I'm not a fan of Rob and Amber - I just don't like their quips about people. What I do like though is they work with each other and they don't tear each other apart as some of the other couples do. I know it's a game but I really couldn't believe they just drove by when the brothers had whas was obviously a horrible accident. It only takes a second to stop and say "are you OK". That says a lot about the character of a person...game or not.

Just my two pennies. :teeth:

ldb1030
04-06-2005, 02:34 PM
I like Gretchen and Meredith also! At this point, I'd like anyone to win but Rob and Amber! Let people who NEED the money win it!!! :cool1:

RichNKatHolly
04-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Were Rob and Amber first again this week? I missed the middle of the show and just saw Meredith and Gretchen come in 5th and my next favorite team get eliminated! :sad1:

I agree with the other posts - I really don't like Rob and Amber to win but I think if I were betting on it - I may lose my money to be against them. They do work together (or should I say, he works and she runs after him?) :rotfl:

It seems all the teams left either work together or have one dominent player (gay guys, R&A). I'm keeping my fingers crossed for M&G to not get eliminated next week!!!!! I think they've come the farthest of the older teams in the Amazing Race.

Gosh, I love this show. I can't sleep after it's over because I'm too hyped! :Pinkbounc

pppiglet
04-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Yep, they were first again!

ldb1030
04-06-2005, 04:07 PM
They do work together (or should I say, he works and she runs after him?) :rotfl:

:Pinkbounc

I was JUST saying that same thing to a co-worker!! :rotfl:

lbgraves
04-06-2005, 08:25 PM
I'm officially on the Rob and Amber bandwagon. I think they are strong and are a favorite to win. They know how to play the game and win. I hope Rob and Kelly or the gay guys (nice comments last night) go next.

I would also love to see them get eliminated next! They are the last rude & nasty team left in the competion. It is one thing for them to attack R&A because they were on Survivor but to say something negative like they did about some one last night was just uncalled for.

RichNKatHolly
04-06-2005, 09:51 PM
I would also love to see them get eliminated next! They are the last rude & nasty team left in the competion. It is one thing for them to attack R&A because they were on Survivor but to say something negative like they did about some one last night was just uncalled for.

:sad2: I missed it, what dd they say??

lbgraves
04-06-2005, 10:02 PM
The thing that upset me the most was about the married couple when they were balancing the baskets & water on their heads. They said that they were "born to do that." The tone of their voice made it apparent that they were not giving them a compliment.

Thunderrd
04-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Regarding R&A not stopping when the brothers car flipped: When I first watched this I thought that they could have at least asked if everyone was ok and then kept going. It should have been obvious that they would have finished at least before the brothers. Now that I've had time to think about it some more, there were other people already there, Lynn and Alex stopped so they were there plus their camera crew. Their camera crew were the ones filming the others as they came upon the accident and filming what was happening. Therefore if someone was really hurt I doubt everyone would have been standing around like they were. So when R&A came upon them they did slow down but kept going after seeing everything.

I've been of fan of AR since the first season and I haven't decided on who I'm rooting for yet. I did like the brothers and was sorry to see them lose.

Also to be taken into consideration is that we only see what the producers want us to see. Most of the participants are shown the way they are, but because this is a race and they are deprived of sleep and food and in unfamiliar places, you see a different side of people. I think that because R&A have been on a reality show previously they realize what effect things said can have. On the otherhand I saw that Ray and Deana are now engaged and after their last show who would have thought that? Ray and Deana both said that when it's not a Race type of competitive situation that Ray is a different person.

I wish that the show would have a clock so that we could see how long it takes to complete tasks, how far each group is ahead or behind, etc.

lbgraves
04-07-2005, 12:40 PM
I thought that the show last night was interesting. I think it was Ray & Deana who they interviewed about R&A. They talked about the bus station when Rob paid the security guard to not tell anyone else about the faster bus. Ray said that the race turned into a R&A hatefest but they were really just playing the game really well. He later said that they were smart to not eat the meat & then get others to do the same thing. They weren't breaking the rules, just using them to help them advance.

TheWog
04-07-2005, 01:00 PM
I agree with Thunderrd about not stopping. They are also not trained medical personnel and after seeing that people were out walking around and many people standing they determined that the situation was "under control" and what are they going to add by stopping. Should they have stopped and said how is everyone maybe... as posted maybe the cameraman did that out the window and we don't know it and Rob said "it's a race lets keep going" or something to that effect. But unless they show everything we won't ever know for sure. But this also drums up interest and gets a "bad guy" to root for or against and its all about the ratings.

It was posted on this thread earlier that Rob is a sneak and 2 faced as he was nice to the locals then he would stab in the back. I think he has been nothing, but sincere and gracious with the locals. He even gave them gifts and if he can use their help to proceed, there are no rules against that so he is playing within the bounds. Others are just mad because they didn't think to do it or couldn't gather the support to do it first. I have only seen a couple times where he was outright misleading someone, but not to the effect the sisters or friends (don't remember exactly which did it) did when digging on the beach earlier in the race.

Just my 2 cents that they really know how to play and are the favorites to win. Did they learn it from other "game" shows...... maybe. But the Big Brother Girl Alison didn't use it well and was the first team eliminated the previous race.

txaggie94gigem
04-07-2005, 01:14 PM
lbgraves...ITA..

In fact, I had to rewind the show just to see of they really said that!!! After the comments they made last week, I could not believe the racial slurs they said this week...you would think since they (as a gay couple) are often in the minority that the would be more open to other races and ideas!? :confused3

I hope Lynn and Alex go soon, although they got a bad deal this week...how many cars didi they go through!?

Go Rob and Amber! pirate:

pjpoohbear
04-07-2005, 02:20 PM
If you all watched the recap show, Rob's first statement upon seeing the accident, was in effect, I hope on one is hurt, but it is a race for a million dollars, I'm not stopping. So the editting in the orginal air left out the sincere wish that all the parties were ok, making him seem mean. He is really just a smart player, not only thinking of his play but about what effect that will have on other teams.

CheapMom
04-07-2005, 02:46 PM
I LOVE Survivor and Boston Rob. That is the probably trip Rob and Amber won on the Amazing Race (I think they won a trip to ATlantis) I think they won Amazing Race. He is just so good.

My nephew is an editor for Survivor - I am always pumping him for information- He is one of the very few people that has privvy to the final tribal council... ahead of time. Of course he never tells me a thing. But he always tells me which Survivors are cool- and who acts like a jerk...

As far as Boston Rob not stopping at that accident- there was nothing he could have done- actually probably would have been in the way more than anything. They were surrounded by camera crews and they all have communication devices to request help and Rob knew that.

lbgraves
04-07-2005, 03:46 PM
If you all watched the recap show, Rob's first statement upon seeing the accident, was in effect, I hope on one is hurt, but it is a race for a million dollars, I'm not stopping. So the editting in the orginal air left out the sincere wish that all the parties were ok, making him seem mean. He is really just a smart player, not only thinking of his play but about what effect that will have on other teams.

Actually, I remember them showing that part before too but noone ever commented on it. Everyone who is against R&A are just focusing on the fact that they didn't stop or said it was a race.

jlawall
04-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Don't forget about Uchena ? and Joyce? They are a sweet couple and a joy to watch......overall best season yet for AR! :teeth:

madisonsmom
04-07-2005, 10:03 PM
I am a BIG Survivor fan and Rob was always getting on my nerves when he was on it, but he has won me over on AR. He is a player he is there for the game, I mean in a race friendships and niceities are wonderful but lets not lose sight of why all those people are there...some are there more for the experience and some are there to win $$$. It is easy to see who is there for which. As much as A&R have won me over and I think that they would be the most realistic winner based on their performance so far, I am rooting for Uchenna and Joyce...they seem to be enjoying the race and have alot of heart in it.

RichNKatHolly
04-08-2005, 06:54 AM
Don't forget about Uchena ? and Joyce? They are a sweet couple and a joy to watch......overall best season yet for AR! :teeth:

I'm rooting for them behind Meredith and Gretchen. But from the previews for next week I'm thinking they may be out. So- go Uchenna & Joyce. :cool1: You kind of forget about them sometimes because they don't get as much airtime as some of the teams.

Laura24
04-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Her face was so beat up from the fall in the caves. She didn't get much airtime, but when they did show her face, it looked terrible.
I always seem to root for the underdogs. :cheer2:
"Outplay, Outwit, Outlast.....Rob & Amber brought that with them to AR. (This years Survivor is boring!)

pjpoohbear
04-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Hey and the other teams are first time reality tv participants, who might think that they will stay in touch with these people for a lifetime, but rob and amber know the drill, only to most memoriable with have any lasting impression.

PEnny

BCVOwner2002
04-08-2005, 09:39 PM
I think they are playing the game better than most of the teams. I also like Meredith and Gretchen but want Rob and Amber to win. I agree with others who posted it is ridiculous to state they shouldn't win since they won before.

Well, how many times have the Yankees won the World Series? Should they be disqualified from being in the playoffs in the future? I'll bet all of you Yankee fans don't think so! I'm just trying to make a point that this is a competitive game and may the best team win!!

The producers, CBS, etc. are loving the ratings and water cooler discussions around the season's AR! Rob and Amber have a following (good or bad), it's all about the ratings and market share. Amazing Race is making millions!

Annmarie

sjreed
04-09-2005, 07:10 AM
I love Rob and Amber, but I really don't care who wins as long as it isn't the two boyfriends. Their racial slurs are disgusting.

Sox_Fan
04-09-2005, 09:28 AM
I don't know, maybe it's the "B" on his hat (which he gave away)

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#9932cc]
TiggerInNY

:sunny:
OK...so I had to get beyond the *B* on his hat also, :flower:

So what's wrong with the "B" ???!!! ;)

TiggerInNY
04-09-2005, 09:31 AM
You're from Boston, I'm from NY???? DUH!!!

Sox_Fan
04-09-2005, 09:42 AM
You're from Boston, I'm from NY???? DUH!!!

Actually I'm originally from NY, but have since recovered from that ;)

B9erSteve
04-09-2005, 10:40 AM
sjreed,
I'd have to agree with you. Some of their comments have not sat well with me.

married2grumpy
04-09-2005, 06:12 PM
I know this has turned into a AR thread but...

My DH just called me to tell me he met Tom from Survivor today. My DH is a NYC police officer and was at the firehouse Tom works in. They talked for a while about what it was like to be on the show and how hard it is not to talk to his wife about what happened. He did say that next week there is some alcohol involved and he takes a beating. LOL

NYDisneyMom
04-09-2005, 07:33 PM

My DH just called me to tell me he met Tom from Survivor today. My DH is a NYC police officer and was at the firehouse Tom works in. They talked for a while about what it was like to be on the show and how hard it is not to talk to his wife about what happened. He did say that next week there is some alcohol involved and he takes a beating. LOL

Tom is a neighbor of ours. :) He lives around the block from us. He gets on my kids' bus every Thursday afternoon and gives them a little "sneak peak" about what will happen on the show that night. This week he told them he had to eat something really gross..and last week he told them he fought a shark. The bus driver took his pic Thursday with her digi cam and then printed out a little pic for all the kids on the bus. Next week we'll have him sign the pics.

Really super nice guy, great family. And yes, he is NYFD.

mbw12
04-10-2005, 08:16 AM

Oh how awesome!!!!! That must have been cool to meet him.
(I must say, though....that I hope somehow Stephanie can pull it off and win the whole darn thing!!!!!!)

and as for AR....go Amber and Rob!

jlawall
04-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Well, I'm a reality TV freak and I love this thread! How about a survivor Disney?? Just a thought! Or how about a Survivor DCL?? Ok, I dream!

It's great to hear about Tom, he's really terrific! Also, Steph is a real trooper, we'll see what happens!

AS far as AR goes,,, I can't wait to see what happens this week!

Laura24
04-11-2005, 07:01 AM
Well, I'm a reality TV freak and I love this thread! How about a survivor Disney?? Just a thought! Or how about a Survivor DCL?? Ok, I dream!

It's great to hear about Tom, he's really terrific! Also, Steph is a real trooper, we'll see what happens!

AS far as AR goes,,, I can't wait to see what happens this week!

SURE.......
A Survivor Island of Castaway Cay!!!! Who wouldn't love that idea. :banana: :banana:

Laura24
04-11-2005, 07:07 AM

My DH just called me to tell me he met Tom from Survivor today. They talked for a while about what it was like to be on the show and how hard it is not to talk to his wife about what happened. He did say that next week there is some alcohol involved and he takes a beating. LOL

Poor Tom. Wife, alcohol, beating..........what a visualization! Sure hope she goes easy on him!! ;) ;) :rotfl2:

TheWog
04-13-2005, 08:14 AM
So no one was eliminated last night, but Rob and Amber are in first place. How come they weren't yielded???? Big strategic mistake on the other couple's part.

cindalu
04-13-2005, 08:20 AM
the reason none of the other teams yielded them they started before the rest of the teams.
The only team that could have done it were Ron and Kelly.

TheWog
04-13-2005, 08:29 AM
that's what I meant, since they were standing next to each other. Thought that was a mistake.

cindalu
04-13-2005, 08:31 AM
I don't think it was a mistake. Both teams figured noone would be eliminated so it really would not have made that big a difference.

wdwstar
04-13-2005, 08:36 AM
How did you like your 3 night cruise? did it go by to fast or was it long enough for you? :flower:

lbgraves
04-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Well, R&A are in first place at the moment but the leg of the race isn't over yet. They will show part two next week.

Laura24
04-14-2005, 07:27 AM
that's what I meant, since they were standing next to each other. Thought that was a mistake.

I think Ron & Kelly are realizing they just may need some crafty, resourceful allies.( Follow them!!!) R & K may be the better athletes, but R & A are quicker wit wise. (at least Rob is )

CaribGirl
04-14-2005, 12:35 PM
I love , love this thread.... Here are my priorities:

1. DCL Cruise in Sept
2. Watch Amazing Race
3. Watch Survivor.

Now for my two cents:
AR - Go R&A, hope they win. They are really playing the game. The boyfriends are just jealous...
Survivor - Go Steph...

I am in for a Survivor Castaway!!! I want to be a participant... :rotfl:

kris1973
04-14-2005, 01:07 PM
CaribGirl.....I hear ya.....I have the same priorities. But my cruise is in 2006/Sept.

This is my favorite thread so far lol

Kristin

jmcdonnell04
04-14-2005, 02:44 PM
This is the first season I have watched the AR because of Rob & Amber. Is this common not to have a pit stop at the end of the show? They had the pit stop mat
and Phil was there, they just didn't have the local person saying "Welcome to India" -- I smell a conspiracy that they did not want to award Rob & Amber another first place prize. Phil probably pushed the local off the roof when he saw Rob and Amber.
I believe AR wanted to keep Meredith & Gretchen in the race. (tongue in cheek, I know the show is taped well in advance of current public opinion)

newcruiser05
04-14-2005, 03:28 PM
What did your nephew say about the personalities of the current survivors? Who does he think is nice? a jerk? etc.

I too love this thread. I have seen all the Survivors and Amazing Races from the beginning. I have always like Rob and Amber and I hope they win because they know how to play the GAME. Rob is very witty, and they don't ever seem to argue - they truly seem in love as do Meredith and Grechen and U and Joyce. I like couples that really seem to love each other and work as a team. The "Oh honey" from Lynn to Alex is driving me crazy - not even straight couples say it THAT much. Poor Alex - he needs to get a life and stop living out Lynns life.

They have never NOT had a pit stop before - very interesting. Can't wait to see what happens. I thought next week would be the finale. Anyone know when the AR and Survivor finalies are?

Survivor, I sure hope they merge tonight and Steph doesn't have to be alone. I feel badly for her but she is one strong-bodied and stong-minded person. I am rooting for her. But unless her alliance with the other team stands up, she is gone.

Anyone doing American Idol? Oh, did I open up another can????? Go Carrie.

padisneyfan
04-14-2005, 04:18 PM
Final for Amazing Race is May 10th. I think Survivor is the next week.

Nancy

DissyLove
04-14-2005, 04:21 PM
How cool you saw him. Don't know what he is like in person, but I respected him as a player. It's all a game, folks...

BCVOwner2002
04-14-2005, 06:53 PM

1. DCL Cruise in Sept
2. Watch Amazing Race
3. Watch Survivor.

Now for my two cents:
AR - Go R&A, hope they win. They are really playing the game. The boyfriends are just jealous...
Survivor - Go Steph...

My priorities too but I have to add our BCV trip in June too. When are you cruising? Annmarie

arlenesp
04-15-2005, 08:15 AM

1. DCL Cruise in Sept
2. Watch Amazing Race
3. Watch Survivor.

Now for my two cents:
Survivor - Go Steph...

CaribGirl when are you cruising in Sept? We're doing the 3 night the 8th.

Laura24
04-15-2005, 03:01 PM
What did your nephew say about the personalities of the current survivors? Who does he think is nice? a jerk? etc.

I too love this thread. I have seen all the Survivors and Amazing Races from the beginning. I have always like Rob and Amber and I hope they win because they know how to play the GAME. Rob is very witty, and they don't ever seem to argue - they truly seem in love as do Meredith and Grechen and U and Joyce. I like couples that really seem to love each other and work as a team. The "Oh honey" from Lynn to Alex is driving me crazy - not even straight couples say it THAT much. Poor Alex - he needs to get a life and stop living out Lynns life.

They have never NOT had a pit stop before - very interesting. Can't wait to see what happens. I thought next week would be the finale. Anyone know when the AR and Survivor finalies are?

Survivor, I sure hope they merge tonight and Steph doesn't have to be alone. I feel badly for her but she is one strong-bodied and stong-minded person. I am rooting for her. But unless her alliance with the other team stands up, she is gone.

Anyone doing American Idol? Oh, did I open up another can????? Go Carrie.
I , as the OP, am an addict.....Survivor, AR and AI!!!! I just can't go without watching a week.(TIVO to the rescue) OH, I forgot one.....LOST!!!
Oh, my gosh. I'm a junkie.
1- GO Steph.... :cheer2:
2- GO Meredith and Gretchen :moped: :moped:
3- CONSTANTINE.......(I'm melting!!!!) move over Paula....he"s mine!!!! :love:
4- Lost...it's all a dream. :wizard:

jlawall
04-16-2005, 08:47 AM
I completely agree with the last few posts! I am obsessed with DCL, AR, Sur.., and AI!! :banana:

TheWog
04-19-2005, 10:21 AM
rumors have it that they got married while in the Bahamas at the Atlantis.... anyone hear this?

myboysmom
04-19-2005, 11:01 AM
Yes, it was on the news this morning. CBS made a TV show out of it, it will be aired May 24. FOX News has this to say: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,153877,00.html

TheWog
04-19-2005, 11:05 AM
CBS Will Air Wedding of 'Survivors'

14 minutes ago Television - AP

NEW YORK - They fell in love on TV, and their nuptials will be shown on TV.

A two-hour prime-time special on the wedding of Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich, who were cast members on CBS' "Survivor All-Stars," will air May 24 (9 p.m. ET), the network announced Tuesday.

"Rob and Amber Get Married" will document the planning, the bachelor and bachelorette parties, and the wedding ceremony, which was held Saturday in the Bahamas.

Mariano proposed to Brkich on the live finale of "Survivor All-Stars" in May 2004. Since she wore a shirt proclaiming, "I (heart) Rob," the answer wasn't in much doubt.

She beat Mariano by just one vote to win the reality show's $1 million prize, but told The Associated Press afterward: "We didn't even care who was going to win. We knew we both had each other for the rest of lives."

"Boston Rob" Mariano earlier appeared on "Survivor: Marquesas." Brkich was first a castaway on "Survivor: The Australian Outback." They are now contestants on the seventh season of CBS' "The Amazing Race."

septbride2002
04-19-2005, 11:55 AM
Along with being Disney obsessed I also have a small TV obsessin. So on top of DIS-ing I also am a TWOPer and here is a post from someone who was at the wedding.

I tried to speed read the past several pages so forgive me if I forget anything and also forgive me for not being able to spill a lot of scoop!

The wedding was SPECTACULAR - although only 50 or so people were expected to RSVP, nearly 200 did so it turned out much larger than Amber planned or expected. It was still very nice and not a circus. The wedding was at The Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. It wasn't there because of one of the trips won on TAR, it was planned there from the beginning. I can't say who was there, what the colors were, or anything like that- sorry!

Hope that's everything and I hope I don't get my hand slapped for posting this because it's technically off topic. To stay on topic - GO AMBER AND ROB!

Off to sleep for a bit. zzzzzzzz
The wedding was April 16th.

~Amanda

CaribGirl
04-19-2005, 04:38 PM
AreleneSP, going Sept 11 looking so forward to it.

Just can't keep up with allt he boards anymore. Am an avid susvisor forum reader and AR boards reader. Now this thread is a must every day... :rotfl:

BCVOwner2002
04-19-2005, 08:56 PM
I could not be happier by tonight's AR ending!! Don't want to spoil it for those on the west coast. This was a very good episode. Annmarie

kris1973
04-19-2005, 09:02 PM
This was an amazing episode of the AR. The only thing that really bothered me was Kelly's comment to Ron on the previews for next week about how he got out of the military by being a POW. All I can say is omg.

Kris

Verandah Man
04-19-2005, 09:31 PM
This was an amazing episode of the AR. The only thing that really bothered me was Kelly's comment to Ron on the previews for next week about how he got out of the military by being a POW. All I can say is omg.

Kris

Kris--that comment bothered me as well!!!

LiserAnn
04-19-2005, 09:36 PM
Awww...you guys are KILLING this west coast gal!!!!! I'm dying to know what's going on...still have some time to wait before it airs. UGH!!!!!

mbw12
04-19-2005, 10:20 PM

Kris

OMG....my heart dropped when she said that. That was awful. But we shall see in next weeks episode...if that is how/when it was said. But if it was said in the way in which that commercial showed it....that girl needs some serious help!!!!!
Bobbi

arlenesp
04-19-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey Andy! Long time no see....
USA today did a nice article on Meridith and Gretchen. I'm so glad . they are so sweet.
I DVR'd tonights episode so won't get to see it til tomorrow. Ran AI first.
Now we all know why Rob and Amber were in Nassau.
Anybody wonder what the contestants and their families think of them and some of the garbage that comes out of their mouths when they see these episodes? :sad2:

Carol36
04-19-2005, 11:44 PM
I was also shocked at Kelly's comment to Ron on the previews for next week! :confused3

LiserAnn
04-20-2005, 12:30 AM
Just watched it...two things....

1) Joyce = WOW!!!!

2) I don't care how they edit, Kelly's POW comment was WAY out of line. No one attempts to get themselves out of the military by becoming captured by the enemy. I completely remember those first 5 or so folks who were POWs and I remember Ron. They all looked very scared and Kelly's comment was so out of line, especially since no matter how you look at it, our military folks are still fighting a WAR!!!!!! She should be ashamed and given that we still have military folks in harms way, the network should have taken the high road and not even bothered to air the comment.

Okay, I feel better now..... :flower:

pppiglet
04-20-2005, 12:56 AM
I felt bad that Joyce and Uchenna didn't win any prize after coming in first and with her having her head shaved and all they should have got something.

LiserAnn
04-20-2005, 01:34 AM
Yes, I was disappointed too that there wasn't anything for them for getting first place...but I guess that's how it goes! I'll admit, I got teary-eyed when he started chopping her hair!

RichNKatHolly
04-20-2005, 07:08 AM
Anyone else notice the look on Rob's face when he found out they were THIRD!! Not tooo happy.

As for the Kelly and Ron, she doesn't make some very "Beauty Queen" comments. Her opinion of Ron is definately one that he is beneath her. Didn't she call him a white trash red neck a few weeks ago? I think their disfunctional relationship will knock them out of the race before the end.

SO happy for Meredith and Gretchen - they are really amazing! And Joyce, you go girl, she looked great with no hair!!! :)

I hope this post doesn't ruin the show for any of those who DVR'd it. Sorry!

:blush:

CaribGirl
04-20-2005, 08:47 AM
The onlything I will miss about team that was eliminated is their facial expressions when Rob and Amber would pass or beat them in something...... I hope everyone has seen the episode by now...
I did not hear somment made by Kelly, but sounds like next week is a must see.
You go Joyce! You looked stunning with your style. They had a detour like that last AR also, and no one took it.

GoofyFD
04-20-2005, 12:25 PM
I am a Survivor fan and I like the AR. I saw them in today’s paper. I hope they have many years of happiness. :bride: pirate:

madisonsmom
04-20-2005, 12:45 PM
They had a detour like that last AR also, and no one took it.

Actually, someone took the fast forward but they chose not to cut their hair and went back to the begining of that leg of the race. It was the 2 models...the guy with the blonde curly hair and I can't remember what his girlfriend looked like, they were WAY to into their looks to have done that and they said that their hair is what got them modeling gigs...

I was crying with Joyce while she was cutting her hair! Props to her, I think it is awesome!! She looked beautiful bald!!!

CaribGirl
04-20-2005, 01:03 PM
Yes, you are right, It was Brandon and Nicole. Well for a million $$$ how many modeling jobs do they have to take? Kudos to Joyce. She looks beautiful. Uchenna got off easy!!! :)

ldb1030
04-20-2005, 02:12 PM
All I have to say is it had better be Meredith and Gretchen or Uchenna and Joyce that win!!!! :banana:
I just can't stand Rob/Amber and Ron/Kelly!
Kelly shows her awful true-self more every week! :rolleyes:
and Joyce looks great!!! :flower:

BCVOwner2002
04-20-2005, 06:16 PM
As soon as they started complaining about Amber, Julie shut down the conversation!

As for Kelly, she should be ashamed of herself with the comments she has made to Ron!! I can't wait to see next week's show. I am happy for Rob and Amber and will watch the special show about their wedding which is going to be on TV next month.

Annmarie

jlawall
04-20-2005, 07:02 PM
I loved it last night!!!!! I was so happy for Gretchen and Meredith, Uchena and Joyce and the two couples. I know that the POW and the beauty queen have both said inappropriate comments to each other, but maybe they're just not meant for each other and they're getting on each other's nerves. BTW, although initially I wasn't in love with them, by the end I really liked and respected Alex and Lynn (do I have the names right?). They were really nice people and I had a tear in my eye when they lost the race!

I'm happy for R&A. The Atlantis is an amazing place. I highly recommend visiting it as often as possible. (I'm thinking of doing a Wonder cruise just so I can go back!) ::MickeyMo

RichNKatHolly
04-20-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm happy for R&A. The Atlantis is an amazing place. I highly recommend visiting it as often as possible. (I'm thinking of doing a Wonder cruise just so I can go back!) ::MickeyMo

12/2 - we'll be there from our Wonder cruise. Just looking into booking my room so we can have full access! I am not that interested in watching their wedding, but will watch just to see what it's like to get married there. Were there 2 years ago and LOVED it! August was very HOT though!

SandraLee
04-20-2005, 08:57 PM
As soon as they started complaining about Amber, Julie shut down the conversation!

Annmarie

Who is Julie? I watched, but I'm not sure what you are talking about?

This morning??

kris1973
04-21-2005, 06:58 AM
I think she is refering to Julie Chenn on the Today Show

Laura24
04-21-2005, 07:10 AM
Rob and Amber had gotten married on PI I was thrilled. :banana: Such a beautiful place for a wedding. :bride: :groom: For us, it was just a chance meeting, just happened to be in the right place at the right time. It was all in the timing. :hourglass As the saying goes, "the stars were aligned." :wizard:
As for Kelly and her lack of compassion, shame on her. Beauty queen? It doesn't show on the outside, and definitely not on the inside. I would love to see a follow up show on all the seemingly dysfunctional couples that have been on all of the AR shows.Have them all on one show, one race. That would make for interesting TV.
Survivor looks interesting this week.....banished to a deserted island all alone! :sad2:

SandraLee
04-21-2005, 07:30 AM
I think she is refering to Julie Chenn on the Today Show

Are the losers on The Today Show on Wednesday morning? How did I not know that??? :confused3

Got to be my TiVo lined up for those, too.

CPM
04-21-2005, 09:10 AM
When you read other message boards, mainly survivor boards, they just really hate Rob & Amber! I'm so sick of hearing about it. People think it's fixed that they have won most of the prizes, but forget that someone else won $10,000 each and two cars.
It's not their fault they have been recognized and helped by locals. That is the shows fault. They really should have put them on some kind of all star AR like the fear factor they were on.
THey haven't been mean to anyone unless the other team has been mean to them first. They have also been very kind to each other which you can't say about most couples on that show. The only thing that people can really say bad about them was when they didn't stop at the car accident, but you know, it's a game. They are doing what they have to to win.
I'm pretty sure they don't win, according to spoiler site but it's been a great, fun race to watch this season. Mainly due to them being on.

RichNKatHolly
04-21-2005, 11:22 AM
I would love to see a follow up show on all the seemingly dysfunctional couples that have been on all of the AR shows.Have them all on one show, one race. That would make for interesting TV.
:sad2:

I've been saying the same thing!!!! :) All the other shows do it, why not AR. I would love to see how some of those people ended up. I did see an episode of Fear Factor with Raken (sp?) - 1/2 of the gay couple that won a couple of season's ago. He said that they had broken up and split the $$. I miss the Rosie O'Donnell show - she used to have the people on and would DEFINATELY have done an allstar follow up!

Let's write in the suggestion...!!

woody64
04-21-2005, 11:53 AM
I was upset with Rob last night when he said that it was difficult to organize Indian labor. I know some people jumped on Alex and Lynn for what I think are similar comments. Rob even said that about people who were helping him and doing his work. :sad2:

I will miss A&L as they seemed to embrace the experience of the race and the cultures around them like joining the wedding party. I am hooked on the show though!

Takia
04-21-2005, 12:39 PM
While I am not thier biggest fan after watching the survivor stuff they were on the island to get married!!!! CBS filmed thier bachlor parties, rehersal, and wedding at the Atlantis!!

kris1973
04-21-2005, 01:17 PM
The day after Survivor and Amazing Races the next day they loosers are on the Today show with Julie Chenn and she interviews them its around 8am central time.

padisneyfan
04-21-2005, 02:59 PM
It is The Early Morning Show on CBS that the eliminated team/person from AR and Survivor are seen the day after they are eliminated.

The Today Show has the Apprentice eliminated person.

Nancy

kris1973
04-21-2005, 05:43 PM
LOL I got my reality TV shows confused. Sorry I knew that they were on some earyl morning show.

Kristin

CPM
04-21-2005, 05:45 PM
In defense to Kelly on her comment abot Ron getting out of the war because he became a POW, I wonder if the editing made it look worse. She had sort of grin on her. I'm sure after this is all over we'll hear about it from her.

jlawall
04-21-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm not always in love with what R&A do on the AR but Rob surely has charisma which takes him far................I'm sure the editting makes Kelly look worse than she meant it...............I LOVE REALITY TV..........this weeks Survivor was terrific!! :cool1:

pppiglet
04-22-2005, 12:28 AM
I agree...survivor was excellent and next weeks previews looked pretty good too. Go Steph!!!

RichNKatHolly
04-26-2005, 10:15 AM
WOOOHOOO - let's see what happens tonight!

TheWog
04-26-2005, 01:11 PM
everyone place their bets on who is booted next.....

Meredith and Gretchen
Ron and Kelly
Rob and Amber
Unchenna and Joyce

We'll see.......

padisneyfan
04-26-2005, 01:54 PM
My bet is non elimination tonight.
With U/J getting mugged at the pit stop

Nancy

newcruiser05
04-26-2005, 02:09 PM
Regarding AR tonight - I heard somewhere there are 3 shows left so tonight HAS to be a non-eliination round. I bet Meredith and Gretchen come in last and they take away that new backpack she bought!!!

I was so proud of Joyce and Uchenna was soooo supportive. They are a great couple and I sure do hope they win.

I like all the couples especially Rob and Amber. I think Rob plays "the game" better than anyone and you can tell they adore each other. I heard on the news this morning they are registered at Target and Bed,Bath and Beyond and you can look up their registry just like anyone else!! Maybe we should chip in to get them a Mickey Waffle Maker!!!! :rotfl2:

I was also VERY bother by Kelly's comments. She was talking about how he cannot commit to anything and he said he committed to the military and she mentioned he got out of that and he said How and she said "You were a POW". It sounded very bad and I hope that it was out of context because NO ONE can be that low. There is not a person on earth that would BECOME a POW to get out of something.

Survivor was MOST interesting. It sure sounded like Jeff talked Janu into "putting down her torch". I think they really dislike people who "quit" and she had quit in her mind so they wanted her out. And I think they really like Stephanie. It will be interesting to see if she can hang in there. She needs to hook up with the outcasts of that tribe and make an alliance. I like Tom but I think he is too strong.

And lastly, I think it is Scotts time to go this week on AI but we will see how they all do tonight.

newcruiser05
04-26-2005, 02:14 PM
Regarding AR tonight - I heard somewhere there are 3 shows left so tonight HAS to be a non-elimination round. I bet Meredith and Gretchen come in last and they take away that new backpack she bought!!!

I was so proud of Joyce and Uchenna was soooo supportive. They are a great couple and I sure do hope they win.

I like all the couples especially Rob and Amber. I think Rob plays "the game" better than anyone and you can tell they adore each other. I heard on the news this morning they are registered at Target and Bed,Bath and Beyond and you can look up their registry just like anyone else!! Maybe we should chip in to get them a Mickey Waffle Maker!!!!

I was also VERY bother by Kelly's comments. She was talking about how he cannot commit to anything and he said he committed to the military and she mentioned he got out of that and he said How and she said "You were a POW". It sounded very bad and I hope that it was out of context because NO ONE can be that low. There is not a person on earth that would BECOME a POW to get out of something.

Survivor was MOST interesting. It sure sounded like Jeff talked Janu into "putting down her torch". I think they really dislike people who "quit" and she had quit in her mind so they wanted her out. And I think they really like Stephanie. It will be interesting to see if she can hang in there. She needs to hook up with the outcasts of that tribe and make an alliance. I like Tom but I think he is too strong.

And lastly, I think it is Scotts time to go this week on AI but we will see how they all do tonight.

newcruiser05
04-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Regarding AR tonight - I heard somewhere there are 3 shows left so tonight HAS to be a non-eliination round. I bet Meredith and Gretchen come in last and they take away that new backpack she bought!!!

I like all the couples especially Rob and Amber. I think Rob plays "the game" better than anyone and you can tell they adore each other. I heard on the news this morning they are registered at Target and Bed,Bath and Beyond and you can look up their registry just like anyone else!! Maybe we should chip in to get them a Mickey Waffle Maker!!!! :rotfl2:

newcruiser05
04-26-2005, 02:20 PM
WOOPS - my computer was misbehaving so you get my note three times - SORRY :confused3

BCVOwner2002
04-26-2005, 06:29 PM
Regarding AR tonight - . . . .

I'll contribute to the waffle maker for Rob and Amber! BTW - did I mention my DS went to the same HS as Rob? Annmarie

RichNKatHolly
04-26-2005, 06:56 PM
Isn't the last episode usually a 2 hour with the 1st round being a non-elimination? I hope Meredith and Gretchen hang in there for another round. She looks cute in her new backpack! :teeth:

I'd also like to hope that the good fortune ritual endured by Joyce will bring them in first place! I like M&G a close second but they are a bit older and probably more established (mind you I wouldn't mind $1 million anytime, even if I was 90 - then I could leave it to my family). J&U would make good use of the $$, I'm sure!

One more hour! Can't wait! :banana:

BCVOwner2002
04-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Another good episode. I really don't like the beauty queen Kelly because she isn't a "pretty" person! I hope they don't stay together. He deserves someone a lot better than her!!

padisneyfan
04-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Kelly and Ron are no longer a couple. Kelly is dating the minister from her church.

I read too many reality show tv threads so I do get to find out alot of the gossip.

Nancy

RichNKatHolly
04-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Gretchen! You go girl!

It must have killed Rob to be behind the old people and "stupid" Uchenna. He was a bit rude today. But his stupid comment to Gretchen got them a better flight. I wonder why they couldn't get the same info - didn't they go to 2 or 3 travel agencies?

Great episode. I'm to hyped to sleep now :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

jlawall
04-26-2005, 10:09 PM
Hey, you know, that's just Rob!! Great show on AR, i'll be watching next week!! :flower:

LiserAnn
04-27-2005, 01:59 AM
I was pretty excited to see U&J and M&G in 1st and 2nd. Rob's comments at the pit stop were pretty funny, just couldn't accept being in 3rd place. I'm so anxious to see how this all turns out, almost as anxious as our upcoming cruise :goodvibes .

CaribGirl
04-27-2005, 08:02 AM
Go U&J, I think just for her hair they should get the million. I can't believe M&G are still in it and ahead of R&A. But the one who takes all the flames is definelty Kelly. She wouldn't survive one minute being a POW. And I didn't feel that part was edited for sensationalism. It was one camera angle. And she wasn't kidding or smiling. No beauty there... :crazy:

FirstTimer
04-27-2005, 08:48 AM
Usually Rob is good about not underestimating people, but this time he made a critical mistake. He bluffed M & G and they "fell" for it and got the quicker flight. :rotfl: so this time it backfired.
From the previews of next week it looks like R&A's luck might just be running out, but we'll have to wait and see. Great episode!
Just upset that two weeks in a row U & J came in first but didn't win a prize BUT last place R&K got a huuuuge prize.

Laura24
04-27-2005, 08:50 AM
amazing last night. I could not believe how she stepped tp to the plate and gave that tower climbing her all. :cheer2: She was the only lady of the teams to do so!!! What stamina she and Meredith have. You go girl! :flower:
Didn't you miss Lynn & Alex this week? They just added the *devil may care attitude* and had fun with it. R&A AND R&K got outsmarted this week for sure.

FirstTimer
04-27-2005, 08:54 AM
amazing last night. I could not believe how she stepped tp to the plate and gave that tower climbing her all. :cheer2: She was the only lady of the teams to do so!!! What stamina she and Meredith have. You go girl! :flower:
Didn't you miss Lynn & Alex this week? They just added the *devil may care attitude* and had fun with it. R&A AND R&K got outsmarted this week for sure.

Oh yeah I almost forgot. Gretchen :goodvibes man, the way she climbed that wall and pulled it through, wow, they're really hanging in there. It really made me want to root for them, no matter the obsticle, they're still hanging on. :cool1:

kris1973
04-27-2005, 09:05 AM
I can't believe how good the older couple is doing. I was originally rooting for Rob and Amber but now I want the older couple to get it.

Kelly's comment was just plain rude and shows she is not a very pretty person. I am so so stunned he did not go off on her or at least look a little more stunned. He has more patients then me.

Kristin

ldb1030
04-27-2005, 09:36 AM
I did miss Lynn and Alex last night! They were pretty funny! But I was thrilled that Ron/Kelly came in last!!! :rotfl:
The only thing that would have made me happier would have been Rob and Amber coming in last but 3rd sure made me smile!! :)

lbgraves
04-27-2005, 12:59 PM
Sorry, but Gretchen has gotten on my nerves! I am so tired of hearing her whining about everything. Oh no, we always miss it! Oh no, why can't we do this!

yogibigdog
04-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Sorry, but Gretchen has gotten on my nerves! I am so tired of hearing her whining about everything. Oh no, we always miss it! Oh no, why can't we do this!
I am with you! Gretchen is a tough player but oh does she whine. I have to turn the sound down on the TV.

ldb1030
04-27-2005, 01:48 PM
I'd rather listen to her whine than listen to Kelly be mean! :rolleyes2

LiserAnn
04-27-2005, 01:59 PM
I'd rather listen to her whine than listen to Kelly be mean! :rolleyes2

I'm with you!

Lisa :)

jlawall
04-27-2005, 10:17 PM
ok,ok, why the heck did Meredith have her do the climb? She just got over the head scrapes and then she did the tower.....i was shocked and so proud of her!! :goodvibes

newcruiser05
04-28-2005, 01:12 PM
PaDisneyFan

What are the best reality TV sites to get the inside scoop on things?

I now think I want Uchenna and Joyce to win but wouldn't mind if R&A or M&G won either. I like Ron and want him to win but not Kelly.

I think Meredith and Grechen are just plain old lucky because they sure are stupid when they are looking for things. How many times did they look for things this week???

Who do you think will go out on Survivor tonight?

kris1973
04-28-2005, 01:49 PM
In response to the question of why did the older lady do the climb. I thought that was kinda odd also but the more I thought of it, maybe it was because the older guy was so sore from pushing the elephant in the previous challenge. Just my two cents.

As far as Survivor goes I have a stange feeling Tom or one of the guys will go.

Kristin

Susie51
04-28-2005, 03:18 PM
It's great to hear what so many Survivor and AR fans have to say about A&R.

I agree Rob makes the show interesting.

I can't stand Gretchen's whining either, but what a climb. She stuck with it.

I really want U? to win. He was so understanding when his wife's head was being shaved.

If a couple can survive the Amazing Race, they can survive anything that happens to them in marriage. Congratulations, Rob & Amber

I have never missed a Survivor Episode and I can't stand it that the All Star Survivor winner is Amber. Rob's deal with Lex helped her survive and Rob got her this far in AR. I think they are "made for each other."

Who will be voted off next? Stephanie better see if she can fish. Otherwise, there are a lot of days left to go without protein. They need the guys to fish for them.

I would like to see someone truly strong win. I hope tom wins all of the remaining immunity challenges and that the final two are Tom and Stephanie. Sorry this is so long. I just found the thread.

LiserAnn
04-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Next weeks AR looks like it will be interesting with the bus driving. All the teams looked frustrated with each other and they all looked like they were losing their cool....should be good!

kaykels
04-28-2005, 07:39 PM
AR is a joke. Don't get me wrong, I'm horribly addicted. But they keep letting all of the teams "catch up" so it breathes new life into the last place team and hurts 1st place teams with 7 hour leads. 2 seasons ago the whining b**ch, can't remember her name but her partner was Zach, came in last place several times in non-elmination rounds and WON. The 2nd place winners of the finale landed on the mat in 1st place almost every time. NOT FAIR. I almost gave up on the show after that. R&A could lose becasue of Rob's big mouth teasing Meredith about the flight times. ALSO not fair. All of their hard work and all of the teams caught up. It's certainly not fair to Joyce RIGHT after she shaved her head and the show forced everyone to catch up again with delayed flight times.

lbgraves
04-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Does anyone else think that it is unfair to J&U that they haven't gotten a prize for either of their first place finishes? I know that it is luck of the draw for them but that was two weeks in a row.

BCVOwner2002
04-28-2005, 08:42 PM
Does anyone else think that it is unfair to J&U that they haven't gotten a prize for either of their first place finishes? I know that it is luck of the draw for them but that was two weeks in a row.

DH thought they should've won a trip just for her shaving her head! Annmarie

padisneyfan
04-28-2005, 09:51 PM
PaDisneyFan

What are the best reality TV sites to get the inside scoop on things?

I now think I want Uchenna and Joyce to win but wouldn't mind if R&A or M&G won either. I like Ron and want him to win but not Kelly.

I think Meredith and Grechen are just plain old lucky because they sure are stupid when they are looking for things. How many times did they look for things this week???

Who do you think will go out on Survivor tonight?

Here is the link http://p085.************/bsurvivorsucks

From there you can get to all the reality shows. I just really love the AR one as there people will debate on hours from looking at photo clips from the previews. Next week is London and some of the people on that board are familiar with London so they have alot of input into where the detour and roadblocks are taking place.

The big questions is who are the final 3. There are photos from the airport on the next leg after the London stop of 2 of the teams. The big question is who is the 3rd team.

I really need to get a life and not be so hooked on reality TV. The survivor spoilers have been very accurate, not so much with AR. It is just great fun to read what others have to say.

I really feel that Meredith and Gretchen do not deserve to win. They are terrible races. Can't follow the clues, always lost, make wrong choices at the roadblock. The only way they made it to #2 this week is that U/J helped them with the airline tickets. I'm still puzzled why U/J are helping them next week with the boats. You are racing against each other for $1 million. Yes they are nice people but at this point in the race it is every team for themselves.

Nancy

Laura24
04-29-2005, 02:25 PM
U&J feel there is safety in numbers. Keep M&G close, especially when it comes to airline tickets. It could mean the difference between two seats being available or not available for another team on a flight, ferry or any other means of transportation.
Next week looks like the unraveling of a couple of teams....I do believe I heard J shout at U for the first time handling the double decker bus in next weeks look ahead. We shall see.
And boo hoo....Steph is gone from Survivor and Constatine was voted off AI. :sad2:

lbgraves
04-29-2005, 03:10 PM
After reading some of the posts on that board I can totally understand why U&J helped M&G out. They would rather have them get to the final 3 because then they have a better chance of winning. ;) Also a wonderful debate about how Gretchen managed to get up the top half of that tower after struggling so much for the first half...assistance from the person holding the safety rope maybe? That makes alot more sense to me.

Susie51
05-01-2005, 10:23 AM
I am also upset that U & J didn't win a prize for coming in first 2 weeks in a row. I am liking them more and more.

Will the A & R wedding be broadcast?

I'm still cheering for Tom to win on Survivor. I hope he wins the next immunity challenges so that he is in the final 2. I think most of the jury will like him. I hope Ian is with him.

In 2001, we were on a cruise att our table were people from Amber's hometown. They said she bought a new house. That, of course, was before Survivor All-Stars and it was the first time Amber was on Survivor.
From the time the All-Stars were chose, I have often wondered why Amber was chosen. If I had run into R & A that day at Atlantis I think I would ask that question.

Will anyone posting on this thread be on the June12 Wonder cruise? I'd love to chat. My sister (who lives in Iowa) and I have weekly AR and Survivor chats long distance.

BCVOwner2002
05-01-2005, 04:53 PM
. . .

Will the A & R wedding be broadcast?

I'm still cheering for Tom to win on Survivor. I hope he wins the next immunity challenges so that he is in the final 2. I think most of the jury will like him. I hope Ian is with him.

. . .

I read somewhere that the wedding will be televised. I would like Tom to win Survivor too but I have a feeling he may get voted out if he doesn't win the next immunity challenge. Annmarie

mbw12
05-02-2005, 05:40 AM
[QUOTE=Susie51]
In 2001, we were on a cruise att our table were people from Amber's hometown. They said she bought a new house. That, of course, was before Survivor All-Stars and it was the first time Amber was on Survivor.
From the time the All-Stars were chose, I have often wondered why Amber was chosen. If I had run into R & A that day at Atlantis I think I would ask that question.

QUOTE]

I think I read/heard that she really wasn't one of the producers first choices. alot of people turned down the opportunity to be on the All-Stars show. I heard that Elizabeth hasselback couldn't becasue of starting on The View, and I also heard that the girl with the blond hair that stripped also (what is her name? I can't remember) turned it down. so I am sure they just kept going down a list and asking people. And than again, I am sure that there were people that probably thought they should have been asked....and they weren't.

lbgraves
05-02-2005, 06:54 AM
I read that too. They were told no by alot of people on their top list & kept going down until they filled their slots.

cjsmith
05-02-2005, 07:47 AM

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who feels this way. I usually do cheer on the older couples on the show, but I've had it with Gretchen. She whines all the time and it can really get on one's nerves.

BriarRosie
05-02-2005, 12:29 PM
I started to find Gretchen annoying during the metal boxes roadblock.
"Awwwwww, God....I can't do this!" was her mantra.

Then suddenly, "We have a defective elephant! Oh God!" and the camel
was defective....so suddenly I half-expected Gretchen to claim that she
and Meredith had a defective gnome !

Anyway, the message board I like is http://community.realitytvworld.com

And FWIW, I respect the way Rob and Amber (aka "Romber") played TAR.
They used some smarts by taking a penalty and convincing others to do
the same. Unlike Survivor, nobody votes you off. Your own dumb luck or
sheer stupidity can get you "Philiminated".

Unlike other teams (besides Uchenna and Joyce, mostly), Rob and Amber
treat eachother with respect, and I agree that they handle the locals better
than some of the others who were gunning for Romber to lose.

They did get married in the Bahamas, and the wedding will be televised
on May 24.

Yikes, we're so off topic that I want to say that I would have said "hi" to
Rob but wouldn't feel right about interrupting his vacation.

RichNKatHolly
05-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Glad to see that I'm not the only one who feels this way. I usually do cheer on the older couples on the show, but I've had it with Gretchen. She whines all the time and it can really get on one's nerves.

Awww, poor Gretchen. I think she's earned her right to whine just a bit. What an exhausting last leg they had (all the teams)! Last week it was difficult to watch G&M though. I was standing up yelling "go back, go back, you just missed it." I think they just get so nervous that they screw up - they really should take time and re-read the clues. I don't know that I would do much better than them on AR. Some people just don't think well under pressure. That show gets me so hyper!

Laura24
05-02-2005, 06:50 PM
QUOTE=BriarRosie]I started to find Gretchen annoying during the metal boxes roadblock.
"
They did get married in the Bahamas, and the wedding will be televised
on May 24.

Yikes, we're so off topic that I want to say that I would have said "hi" to
Rob but wouldn't feel right about interrupting his vacation.[/QUOTE]

In my original post I mentioned Rob *invited* us for the pictures. We were happy to just take his photo as he was walking towards us with his diet Coke in his hand, but his words to us were "don't just take a picture, get over here and be in it!" He truly was cool with it. He had a huge smile on his face and there were just a few of us around him. He was more than happy to spend a few moments with us. :banana: He was actually searching for Amber, so we didn't interrupt private or quiet moments for them. Otherwise, I just wouldn't have had the nerve to walk over to him,(or any notable person for that matter!) :blush: I get star struck and can't think, let alone speak! :sunny:

Michelle2
05-02-2005, 11:47 PM
I am the exact same way (star struck and being respectful of people's privacy)! I am thrilled to hear that he was nice and down to earth and inviting towards people...because I dislike him so much on TV, it actually shows me that I can be a little too judgemental on how people can actually be off TV. Thanks for sharing your experience with him...it actually makes me lighten up towards him just a little....not much, but a little! :teeth:

BriarRosie
05-03-2005, 05:32 PM
In my original post I mentioned Rob *invited* us for the pictures. We were happy to just take his photo as he was walking towards us with his diet Coke in his hand, but his words to us were "don't just take a picture, get over here and be in it!" He truly was cool with it. He had a huge smile on his face and there were just a few of us around him. He was more than happy to spend a few moments with us. :banana: He was actually searching for Amber, so we didn't interrupt private or quiet moments for them. Otherwise, I just wouldn't have had the nerve to walk over to him,(or any notable person for that matter!) :blush: I get star struck and can't think, let alone speak! :sunny:

Aww, that's kinda sweet on his part. He wasn't in the middle of a private
moment, so my opinion of him still stands. He really seems to be a stand up
guy outside of reality TV. :cool1:

kris1973
05-03-2005, 05:38 PM
I just could not help but post.....I can not wait for tonights episode!!!!
Go Rob and Amber.

Kristin

RichNKatHolly
05-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Soooooo psyched for tonight!!! Who will it be, who will it be???? :banana: :banana: What are we gonna do in 2 weeks when this show is over? I hope they have another right away like they did this time. SUch a great show that, for the most part, doesn't try to reel in viewers with typical reality crap (eating bugs, having to take your clothes off, etc.) Although bringing in R&A this time can be somewhat considered a reel in tactic.

Oh well, still LOVE it. Proud to say I've been with that hottie Phil from day 1!

ShannonRT
05-03-2005, 07:43 PM
You all are SO cracking me up!! This thread now has absolutely nothing to do with DCL! And it's 15 pages long! But I love it anyway since I love Survivor and Amazing Race. Personally, I'm rooting for Uchenna and Joyce (mostly because she shaved her head- that's worth a million dollars) and they seem to really care about each other. And I don't think Rob and Amber need another million. But I still think they will end up winning. They're just too lucky. Only 15 minutes to go!

RichNKatHolly
05-03-2005, 07:51 PM
You all are SO cracking me up!! This thread now has absolutely nothing to do with DCL! And it's 15 pages long! But I love it anyway since I love Survivor and Amazing Race. Personally, I'm rooting for Uchenna and Joyce (mostly because she shaved her head- that's worth a million dollars) and they seem to really care about each other. And I don't think Rob and Amber need another million. But I still think they will end up winning. They're just too lucky. Only 15 minutes to go!

True! Was there more than just the OP about the cruise??

lbgraves
05-03-2005, 08:42 PM
OK, no word on who is doing what in the race so far but they sure did edit like crazy for the whole U&J helping M&G! LOL! That was a total joke!

CPM
05-03-2005, 11:29 PM
Great show tonight!

I still can't understand why people get so pissed when Rob & Amber do what they can to win. They should have yielded someone, it was to their advantage. Sometimes they seem to be the only people playing a game in AR.

ckckc2000
05-03-2005, 11:37 PM
I totally agree-Why get mad at them for doing all they can to win!!-Heck-I would of yielded them too-Ron/Kelly were right on their butts-it only makes sense!-all this nice stuff is OK but come on it's a GAME!!!!!!

B9erSteve
05-04-2005, 05:32 AM
Go Rob and Amber! Awesome show tonight.

RichNKatHolly
05-04-2005, 06:30 AM
I'm all for U&J to win!!! I really can't wait for next week. Sorry to see Meredith and Gretchen leave but my goodness they were great sports. They must be very happy to have come in 4th. I didn't see much whining last night either.

Who do you think will win? I'm thinking R&A but hoping for U&J!

kris1973
05-04-2005, 06:52 AM
Last night was a great show. I can not wait tell Tuesday when they do the last team. I don't care who wins as long as its not kelly/ron. Feel sorry for ron but I could not stomach kelly winning. I personally love how rob and amber are playing. You better believe I would be playing as hard as I could for 1million.

Kristin

CaribGirl
05-04-2005, 07:38 AM
Don't know what we'll do when this season of AR is over... Start planning for the DCL in Sept :banana:
I keep up with this thread every day, especially after a show. So sorry to see Steph go, now I am gunning for Caryn to be not just booted, but dumped by her "alliance".
I am for U&J or Romber to win the million, but not Ron & Kelly. Just can't stomach her either... There is no beauty in that queen.

Laura24
05-04-2005, 08:00 AM
the shoe to drop and this post to be moved, but the powers that be have been more than accommodating! :cheer2: I did mention a few pages back that our cruise was great. Short, sweet, and calm. It's been fun to express the passion we find in reality TV! :sunny:
Last nights AR was a nail biter. Sad to see M&G go. They were amazed at themselves that they had made it as far as they did. Three cheers to them. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Which team kept referring to them as the "Old people"? It was a comment made off screen the last few races.
R&A are great at using any resource they can find to get ahead.
AND...... Could you believe the nerve of Kelly (vainess) to ask the travel agent if she could "borrow" her lipstick???(yuck) I would have let her keep it at that point. So on to next week..... :hourglass

RichNKatHolly
05-04-2005, 08:13 AM
the shoe to drop and this post to be moved, but the powers that be have been more than accommodating! :cheer2: I did mention a few pages back that our cruise was great. Short, sweet, and calm. It's been fun to express the passion we find in reality TV! :sunny:
Last nights AR was a nail biter. Sad to see M&G go. They were amazed at themselves that they had made it as far as they did. Three cheers to them. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Which team kept referring to them as the "Old people"? It was a comment made off screen the last few races.
R&A are great at using any resource they can find to get ahead.
AND...... Could you believe the nerve of Kelly (vainess) to ask the travel agent if she could "borrow" her lipstick???(yuck) I would have let her keep it at that point. So on to next week..... :hourglass

3 cheers to you for this thread! It's been fun and no nastiness - whoohoo, it can be done! :cheer2: :cheer2:

That was very yucky of Kelly to borrow that woman's lipstick - gross. I'm not really a big fan of her beau either though. I think he was the one last night that said here come the old people. He's said a few off color things himself. I think they are just miserable together and bring out the worst in each other! Romber on the other hand do make a very nice couple. I prefer U&J to win but at this point I just want to see the race!

Till next week !

jhorstma
05-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Didja notice how for all her whining Gretchen was by far the stronger member of the G&M team? You didn't see Meredith do the climbing/rapelling in the last episode - and if he could just drive the dadburn bus they'd still be in it. Actually, if he hadn't given Kelly money they'd probably still be in the race (and didja notice how Gretchen wasn't in the frame when he gave them the money? I wonder if she knew - oh to be a fly in the wall in their family room when she watches the tape of that scene!).

One other note - Amber was right in wanting to yield U&J - Rob's ego took the better of them (at that point R&K were shoo-ins for making it to the next round baring a total collapse) and instead of getting rid of a powerful team he basically ensured that the weakest team (G&M) would be eliminated.

Cool show! Stroke of genious to cast R&A - wonder what their appearance fee was? Can't wait for the wedding, and the inevitable 9 month reality show "We're Pregnant!" - now there's a true "The Truman Show" waiting to happen, as their child is raised as the star of an ongoing series of reality shows.

TheWog
05-04-2005, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=RichNKatHolly]What are we gonna do in 2 weeks when this show is over? QUOTE]

Big Brother anyone????

ldb1030
05-04-2005, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE=

Cool show! Stroke of genious to cast R&A - wonder what their appearance fee was? Can't wait for the wedding, and the inevitable 9 month reality show "We're Pregnant!" - now there's a true "The Truman Show" waiting to happen, as their child is raised as the star of an ongoing series of reality shows.[/QUOTE]

Then they could go on Nanny911 or Supernanny!!!

RichNKatHolly
05-04-2005, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE=RichNKatHolly]What are we gonna do in 2 weeks when this show is over? QUOTE]

Big Brother anyone????

SShhhhh - I usually don't admit that I watch that one too!

TheWog
05-04-2005, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE=TheWog]

SShhhhh - I usually don't admit that I watch that one too!

We'll just keep the thread going and going and going....... :hyper2:

ShannonRT
05-04-2005, 04:12 PM
I definitely think AR got a lot more viewers by casting Romber. But I can't help but also think they have been at a greater advantage over the other racers since they've had so many people recognize them and want to help. That guy last night in England was running all over the place showing them where to go. In a way it's not fair to the other couples.

I do think they will win, but I'm still rooting for U&J too.

Stupid question...what's an OP?

ShannonRT
05-04-2005, 04:19 PM
I do think AR has gained a lot of viewers by casting Romber, but I can't help but think they have a greater advantage over the other teams. They've been recognized on several legs of the race and complete strangers have agreed to help them. That guy in London last night was running all over the place showing them where to go! In a way it's not very fair.

I do think they will win, but I'm still rooting for U&J. It doesn't matter to me as long as it's not Kelly. She is SO hateful and rude to Ron. And lately he's been pretty rude right back. Can't say I blame him though.

Stupid question...what's an OP?

ShannonRT
05-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Oops...thought the first post didn't go through! Sorry.

Verandah Man
05-04-2005, 04:23 PM
OP=original poster(the person that started this thread).

momm2four
05-04-2005, 10:15 PM
I wonder if the other contestants have even asked a local to come with them. It seems as though Rob finds someone who can speak English (not too hard to do in England ;) ), and latches onto them. I haven't seen the other teams try to get someone to accompany them.

Rob is just street smart. He uses the resources around him and also uses his common sense. I think his cockiness might be his undoing though, such as when he "helped" two teams catch an earlier flight, simply by saying something to them that he thought wasn't true. I love Rob and Amber, but thought it was funny that he was trying to make them think there was earlier flight, just to play with their heads, and then it turns out that there really WAS!!!

FirstTimer
05-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Tuesday's episode was great. Eventhough Gretchen's whining got on my nerves at times (I just wanted to shake her) I still missed seeing M&G go.

However, it looks like next week R&A's luck is running out (judging from the previews, a cop stops and gives them a ticket) :confused3

We'll have to wait and see. :cheer2:

TheWog
05-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Don't forget U&J get a flat tire too. Should be a great episode. I agree with the post above about using your resources available. I don't recall exactly, but I think they just asked the guy to come with them and he said yes. I don't think it was a celebrity recognition thing, but I could be wrong.

B9erSteve
05-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Editing is everything on this show. They can make a crisis situation out of nothing or a close race out of a longshot. I think that the previews were intended to create the impression that R&A are in trouble to increase viewership. We won't really know until we see the show.

A Sunny Day
05-05-2005, 12:38 PM
AR previews have been known to make things appear they are worse than they really are. Plus because of the editing, it's almost impossible to tell how much time is between contestants.

And some of the road blocks or detours can take minutes or hours. Remember the one when the friends had to find a clue in the rolls of hay? Every team came and went and Phil finally showed up to let them stop since they were the last team. How they kept missing or picked the ones without a clue is unbelievable. I felt so bad for that team. I think this was maybe AR4 or AR5, I can't remember.

M's whining was really getting to me. I wanted them to do well but I couldn't stand that.

I cannot believe how they are portraying Ron & Kelly. They appear to hardly ever get along and know how to push each others buttons. The comment she made about him getting out of everything he does or quitting was hurtful. I hope we get to find out how they are and what they are doing after the finale.

ShannonRT
05-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Speaking of R&K, I can't remember where I heard/read this...but they are no longer together and she is supposedly dating the pastor of her church.