PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Questions Answered

DisneyDreams4P&B
03-27-2005, 12:26 AM
I did alot of research on whether or not to buy insurance and the answer for me was yes, We are traveling in Sept. of 2005 and didn't want to risk it. However I would not buy the DCL insurance , it is way overpriced. Check out www.***************** (http://www.*****************) There they have many different types of insurance to cover your needs/budget. I got a policy that covers everything I wanted it to, medical, dental, trip interruption etc. and saved over $200.00 off what DCL's cost. This was a site that my travel agent recommended. You can compare different policy's too.

Let me know if anyone else has used this and been happy or dissastified?

Thanks

tvguy
03-27-2005, 02:25 PM
How much is the DCL insurance now? We sailed 15 months ago and I sure don't rememeber the total coast for 4 being over $200. Maybe my memory is just fading.

Franco56
03-27-2005, 02:50 PM
We will be going on the Christmas cruise Dec 24-31 2005,
and I like you thought Disney's was way high. My agent suggested the same
site as you have. I think I will be using one of them. Agent speaks highly of
that site! :crazy: :earsgirl: :smooth: :bounce:

DisneyDreams4P&B
03-27-2005, 04:53 PM
For a family of 4-

3 day - $180.00

4 day - $220.00

7 day - $320.00 (this is the one I would have had to pay for)

Hope this helps

TiggerInNY
03-27-2005, 06:23 PM
If anyone has AAA, it would be beneficial to call them. I got an insurance quote from them for Approx. $120 for four, 2 adults, 2 kids (10, 6) for a 7 night cruise which includes cost of airfare, hotel the night before, and transfers. It goes by the total figure for your vacation. I figured ours at $6,000 which equalled $120 approx. in insurance through Access America. I tried their quote on ***************** and it came up way higher vs. calling AAA directly.

So, check out AAA if you're a member.

Hope this helps.

TiggerInNY
:flower:

pdarrah
03-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Just a comment about ***************** - I encountered the rudest, most obnoxious customer "service" there! The day I was trying to purchase insurance for our cruise last fall (I believe this was last June), I noticed that the "lock" that shows the site is secure was missing. Since I was sure I had seen it before, I called the phone number and the "customer service" person I spoke to insisted there wasn't a problem and I should just purchase via the website. I told him I wasn't about to put my credit card info into an unprotected site and he basically told me that I was either stupid or lying and their website was totally secure! (Since I have been in the computer field for about 20 years this was somewhat offensive!) When I suggested that I just purchase it over the phone he said that they don't do that and he would just be using the same website anyway to enter it if I did! He actually said something along the lines that since I had "disdain" (his word) for their website he couldn't help me.

I then sent an email explaining this terrible handling of my phone call and the reply was basically that it must have been a confusion in "semantics" and that of course their site is secure (even though it wasn't when I tried to use it!) and I must be wrong. (obviously, they've never heard the phrase "the customer is always right") They also confirmed that they could not process an order without it going through their website.

Needless to say, I DID NOT purchase my insurance through their site. I went directly to the website of the company that actually issues the insurance and found the exact same thing there. It cost me about $5 more to buy it direct, but their website was secure.

This year I used insuremytrip to compare policies, but I again purchased direct - this time it was a couple dollars cheaper.

This may have been an isolated instance, but I wouldn't risk dealing with a company that has such "disdain" for their customers!

Anyway, it may be that no one else cares, but just in case - that was my experience with this company.

pdarrah