PDA

View Full Version : Purchase cooler on board vs. Bring your own??

nehdeh
03-26-2005, 10:34 PM
I've read so much about having a collapsable cooler on board for various reasons. I've read about purchasing them onboard and then you've got a souvie to take off the ship with you and I've read about some of the great deals some of you have gotten on coolers at Costco, etc.
So, my question is this: which do you recommend and why? Bring your own on board with you (we're driving down) or purchase one once on the ship?
Thanks for your responses!

DrCavin
03-27-2005, 07:42 AM
Purchasing on the ship has 2 disadvantages, 1). Price 2). may not be any left!!

adavantage's are don't have to pack it, only to get it home & would be a souviener. You definitly would have more choices by purchasing before, too

dgaston
03-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Last summer I bought a red collapsable cooler from the Disney Store on sale. It has two outside compartments, and an insulated bottle carrier that clips on. On our St. Martin day I gladly paid $15 for the blue DCL cooler with six bottles of water in it. They have a CM stationed at the gangway to make purchases easy. I just loved the look of the DCL cooler and wanted it in addition to my red Disney one. The DCL nests inside the red one. Maybe I've found a new Disney item to collect! LOL Easter egg antenna topper is the current vice.

LostGirls
03-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Is that something they always sell? I'd love to buy theirs and not have to carry one down with me (and I could buy it first thing). :)

nehdeh
03-27-2005, 08:44 PM
So, do they ever actually run out? That's something I hadn't even considered?!!?!? Has anyone ever wanted to buy one and they were sold out?

mommasita
03-27-2005, 09:01 PM
So, do they ever actually run out? That's something I hadn't even considered?!!?!? Has anyone ever wanted to buy one and they were sold out?

I was looking on a ebay, and could not find a Disney Cruise cooler/bag, but found a Disney one... THis could be an alternative...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=88890&item=6521500480&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

scrapperjill
03-27-2005, 10:03 PM
I don't know how fast or how offten they sale out of the coolers...but they still had them out for sale on our Castaway cay when we did a 7 night.

The only times I saw them...were on port days. As an item for taking off the ship with you...they have it filled with water and beverages.

jdm
03-28-2005, 12:59 AM
The only coolers I saw on DCL were the small carry ones that hold about 6 bottles. I saw them in the gift shop for $10. The cooler we bought at Costco was about $20 and it was a rolling cooler that holds two cases of whatever. When we traveled with ours we checked it empty, filled it in Florida and kept it filled with ice and our beverages in our stateroom. When we left we filled in with our souviners, and checked it at the airport. Does DCL carry the rolling coolers or are your guys just referring to the little hand carried ones?

Jenn

dgaston
03-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Small hand carried ones.

dgaston
03-29-2005, 07:09 PM
The ebay cooler is the one I purchased from the Disney Store last summer (for almost the same price! LOL)