PDA

View Full Version : Can you pay to use Atlantis Beach and not do the excursion?

AspiringCindy
03-26-2005, 07:08 AM
Just wanted to know if you can take a taxi to Atlantis and pay to use their beach? We are a family of 5, and to do the excursion would be around $250! Taking a day room would not be a good option for us, because we will not spend the whole day there( I just want a little beach time)!

LissafromSJ
03-26-2005, 09:30 AM
Someone will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain you don't need to pay to use the beach. You can also grab a taxi from anywhere. The only time staff will check your bracelet is when using the water park facilities (pool and slides). My kids and husbands did that all day and I layed on the beach and watched the ships. There were less than 20 people on that beach (at the very tip), and no one ever came around from Atlantis. Bring food, because there's is outrageously expensive though. Have fun!

jel0511
03-26-2005, 10:15 AM
If you really just want to go to the beach in Nassau, the beach at the ATlantis isn't a good idea. All beaches in Nassau are public property, meaning you can go to the Atlantis beach if you want. The Atlantis beach is located on the windward side of Paradise Island and is frequently closed to swimming due to rip tides. You're better off going to one of the beaches on Nassau, like Cable Beach. There will be TONS of Bahamian people selling their wares on either beach, so it won't be a relaxing stay by any means.

AspiringCindy
03-26-2005, 11:55 AM
We have been to a number of beaches on Paradise Island, but just thought it would be nice to check out the Atlantis! The beach by Atlantis looks really pretty from pictures!

jacobatt1
03-26-2005, 08:41 PM
Sorry, I can't help you on the price issue, but we did the ATlantis Beach Day excursion, and the beach was beautiful! We loved it and our kids loved the water. I thought it was peaceful (this was October--great weather) and there were a few vendors on the beach who would come ask you if you wanted to look at jewelry, etc., but they weren't pushy to us at all. There were about 5 or 6 of them roaming around, so it wasn't bad. After you said no thanks they just went on their way.

The beach is pretty and much less crowded than CC! (Not that I liked it better than CC, just a comparison!) JMHO

Amy

AspiringCindy
03-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks! I have been doing some research, and found out you can not access Atlantis beach without an excursion! The closest beach is Cabbage Beach, and I don't know where the public access is!!

scrapperjill
03-27-2005, 06:25 PM
There is a public beach right behind Atlantis. If you let your taxi driver know your wanting a beach near Atlantis...they'll take you right to it. When we went...we just asked our Taxi driver to take us to a nice beach on the island..and that's where he took us. I think there are some other nice beaches the other direction...(Not on Paradise island)...i think it's called Cable beach.