PDA

View Full Version : Kite Making

Caropooh
03-25-2005, 05:04 PM
In the April 2005 Family Fun magazine there was a little blurb about making kites on board the ships and then flying them on Castaway Cay. Anyone know about this or has done it? It sounds like fun! My DD's love to fly kites.

1princessesmom
03-25-2005, 06:03 PM
We did this on the Magic in January. I think it was the morning before CC. We met in AP around 8 am and were given plain white plastic kites. They had markers on the tables and we decorated the kites. Nothing all that exciting....but the kids liked it. About 20 people were there.

PattiO
03-25-2005, 07:08 PM
We did this on the western magic in Feb. It was the day before cc as the above poster stated. My neice (4), nephew (3), and son (8) really did have a lot of fun designing their kite. They were white plastic kites and colored markers were placed at different tables. We did not fly our kites at cc but saw some that did. My son has tried his kite out at home and it worked very well. It did not tear yet.

BobandLee
03-25-2005, 07:15 PM
I wonder if they plan on doing this for the 14 day westward repo cruise since castaway cay is the first stop?

Stimpy
03-26-2005, 05:36 AM
How did you get the kites home? Do they collapse or are the the traditional diamond shape kite? TIA

rsjj
03-26-2005, 02:55 PM
they have those straw type pole thing that you just stick into. but you can take them apart! we just took them apart, and put it back in the plastic bag that the kite came in, and stuck it into our luggage.

our boys loved decorating them! it was really no big deal, but the kids seems to enjoy it! we had fun. :flower: