PDA

View Full Version : Lost Shutter Photos

newcruiser05
03-25-2005, 12:38 PM
I had pictures of my kids taken on the last evening and Shutters was unable to find them the next morning before I had to leave. I left my name and number but there were some entire series of photos missing - everyone was commenting.

Do you know how I can go about getting these photos? Has this happened to anyone else? Is there someway to contact Disney about it?

Thanks

gwtw428
03-25-2005, 03:07 PM
Hi, I also had this problem. The girl from Shutters went down to the developing department to find my pictures....turns out the entire negative was destroyed by the machine and mine were not the only picutres lost. I was so upset because we were on on honeymoon so the girl refunded me the entire cost of the photo package I had purchased ($80 or so) and only charged me for one formal photo ($20). So even though I will never get the pictures back Disney did try to make me happy!
I hope you get your pictures!! Good Luck!
Jamie

Disney Ontario
03-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Yes, it happened to us to. The last day we had a beautiful family picture taken.Not too often we do. Well they said to go up and get it before you depart from the cruise. Finally after waiting for the lost picture, it was found. The last picture on a roll, and yellow down the end.Besides the defect, it was the best family picture ever taken. We humed it over and complained. They said we could have it free. We already spent too much there. and you know how hard it is to disgard the unwanted pictures.

burma
03-25-2005, 07:26 PM
I wish they would do what they are doing in the parks now Digital photos that you can now access online and purchase after you leave the park. Last december we were able to review all our photos from home and decide to get some more it was nice to be able too see everything . Feb was our first DCL cruise and I asked if they would be available online and they said no.
I would love it if we could come home after the cruise and access the photos online plus it would make the crowds at shutters a bit lighter.

teacup_tink
03-26-2005, 09:13 AM
hey it also happened to us on the magic
on the fist ever pirate night we had our pic taken with one of the photographer but none of those pics were found :banana:

LAMPSKIES
03-26-2005, 12:34 PM
On each of our last 3 sailings we were told "put all your pictures together that you think you may want because we put old ones out back on Thursday night" (7 night sailings)
If you purchase the "package" you can also exchange pics that you picked earlier in the sailing for better ones later......

leewrobe
03-27-2005, 08:47 AM
Can you please explain "the package"..thanks :love:

newcruiser05
03-28-2005, 11:53 AM
They have several photo package options. I bought the 10 for $89.99. You get 10 5X7 photos they will take of you around the ship, at the character breakfast, at Palos, etc. I only found 9 I liked so they let me have 2 of their standard photos (the ship, the characters,etc) or they will refund one photo to you.

The package does NOT include any 8X10 photos. All the formal night photos are 8X10 but if you buy 4 ($19.99 each) you get a free Disney Cruise Photo holder valued at $20.

Do NOT get any professional photos taken the last night (Friday on 7-day) as it seems that many of those get "lost".