PDA

View Full Version : getting the secret porthole obstructed view rooms?

3DisneyNUTS
03-25-2005, 01:51 AM
Can you just ask your TA for them? How far in advance do you think they fill?

JanDave
03-25-2005, 04:49 AM
The SPH staterooms are popular. We managed to get one on our 9/18/05 cruise. Also will have one this 6/16/05 on the Wonder. Enjoy!

Jan

Henlady
03-25-2005, 06:08 AM
We booked 5022 and 5024 for our October 23 '05 Wonder on July 7, '04. We tried for these rooms for the Oct 16 '05 Wonder but they were already gone so we switched weeks. We booked directly thru DCL.

my3kids
03-25-2005, 07:12 AM
Ask for them by room number or by a category 10 on deck 5. Others might not know "our lingo."

clh2
03-25-2005, 07:24 AM
We got ours, booked direct with Disney. You definitley need to specify room numbers. We were in 5520. It was a fabulous room!

missyoh8
03-25-2005, 07:57 AM
We got two adjoining sph rooms for 9/16/2006 and we booked directly with Disney about 20 months in advance! You can always change your reservation to an agent after you snap up the rooms.

debtman7
03-25-2005, 08:08 AM
I booked ours through expedia, after you select your cruise it let's you click on a map to pick your room and the SPH rooms were available. You definately don't have to go through disney to get them. We booked in late january for an august cruise and only one was availble.

CruisingCA2005
03-25-2005, 08:22 AM
I wanted the SPH rooms for a west coast cruise so I gave the TA a range of dates & she was able to get the connecting SPH rooms for us. We booked a year in advance.

missyoh8
03-25-2005, 08:23 AM
You are right, definately do NOT have to go through DCL to get them. I think it is just the easiest. In my experience Expedia only offers the same price as DCL anyhow. If you book directly through DCL and get the sph out of their inventory then you can go to one of the larger TA's that offer the lower fares and have them take the reservation over. I guess maybe I was unclear.

Have a good one,
Missyoh8 :earsgirl:

3DisneyNUTS
03-25-2005, 08:27 AM
of course I did not think about them for our sept cruise so we will just have to sail again LOL. Do the wonder and the magic have the same room #s

cruisedis05
03-25-2005, 08:30 AM
I booked mine just about 2 years ahead. My TA faxed Disney a letter stating we wanted these 2 rooms. They said as soon as the dates opened they go down the list of people who are waiting for certain rooms. So we were put on the list and got our rooms.

geffric
03-25-2005, 08:37 AM
I booked mine for the Spring break 2006 in November as soon as DCL started taking reservation..

nuke
03-25-2005, 11:19 AM
I booked a SPC for our Feb. 2006 cruise in Nov. 2004. At that time 4 of the six cabins were available. By January when my in-laws decided to join us they were gone.

westjones
03-25-2005, 12:29 PM
They go REALLY fast on the 7 night cruises. The 3/4 night ones don't seem to go as fast. I have one booked for a 4 night in March 2006 for spring break, and I just checked this morning (for a friend who might join us) and there are still 3 SPH rooms left!

DJ

vossjemi
03-25-2005, 01:04 PM
I wanted one, so this is what I did. I knew we were going in sept. I went to www.bestpricecruises.com and did a search for the disney 4 day cruises that month. I went through each trip and did a pretend booking. Once you get into the category 10 page, it may be listed in those category choices, but if not, there is a box at the bottom of the page to pick your own room #. I went through the dates until I found one where the room I wanted was available. I then got quotes from several TA's...I went with DU and they booked the room I wanted. I already knew in advance it was available, so I requested the price and room # in my quote. Worked like a charm!

missyoh8
03-25-2005, 01:30 PM
I wanted one, so this is what I did. I knew we were going in sept. I went to www.bestpricecruises.com and did a search for the disney 4 day cruises that month. I went through each trip and did a pretend booking. Once you get into the category 10 page, it may be listed in those category choices, but if not, there is a box at the bottom of the page to pick your own room #. I went through the dates until I found one where the room I wanted was available. I then got quotes from several TA's...I went with DU and they booked the room I wanted. I already knew in advance it was available, so I requested the price and room # in my quote. Worked like a charm!

I think that is still a little risky as they book up soooooo fast! I think you are lucky. I know people who have lost them by waiting for a TA to call DCL and do the booking. I guess it just depends on the way your luck goes.

Good luck to all of you who are looking for the good deal.

MIssyoh8

jodi1778
03-25-2005, 07:53 PM
I got one totally by accident. I booked in January for a May cruise and got 5524 without any problems. I picked it because it was the cat 10 room on the highest deck that was available. I guess you just have to get lucky.

vossjemi
03-26-2005, 12:31 AM
I think that is still a little risky as they book up soooooo fast! I think you are lucky. I know people who have lost them by waiting for a TA to call DCL and do the booking. I guess it just depends on the way your luck goes.

Good luck to all of you who are looking for the good deal.

MIssyoh8

Well, I did it 15 months out so there were several SPH's available at that time. I used DU and they snapped it up for me lickety split. The main point I was trying to make though wasn't about using a TA or doing it yourself, but the search engine to find cruises when they are available.