PDA

View Full Version : Trip Insurance Questions

lcborn2run
03-24-2005, 07:44 AM
I want to purchase trip insurance JUST IN CASE...you never know if one of the kids gets really sick, etc. So I booked the cruise, but not the airfare as I plan on using miles.

So I understand that I should book the insurance for the cruise within the next two weeks or so. Can I get the insurance to cover the airfare too even though we didn't purchase it yet? :confused3

I guess this is a travel agent question. I booked the cruise thru Dreams Unlimited. Should I call them for advice? I know I don't want the Disney Insurance, but can they give me professional advice on this?

Thanks for helping everyone....

Lisa

UGAFan0829
03-24-2005, 07:46 AM
Yeah, I would say to call a TA.
BTW, do you mind if I ask why you wouldn't go with the Disney Insurance?

lcborn2run
03-24-2005, 07:51 AM
From reading all the info in planning this seemed to be the opinion of all. Also, as I understand it, for that high price, it doesn't cover airfare reimbursement in case you cancel. At least that's how I understand it.

Lisa

UGAFan0829
03-24-2005, 07:55 AM
Ok, thanks for that info. I was just wondering because that is the insurance that I use since I book directly thru DCL. I'm not flying, so I guess I don't have to worry about that part. Thanks!

Amberle3
03-24-2005, 08:27 AM
You have 2 options for the insurance:
1) purchase just to cover the cruise now, and then call the insurance company once you've booked the airfare to have them add on to the policy and pay the difference then
2) purchase enough insurance to cover everything now, if you know what the cost of the tickets will be.

I know you plan on using miles, so if you can actually get the seats then you should have a good idea on the cost. The only problem will be if you can't get the FF seats and have to purchase tickets you'll have to call the insurance company and have them adjust the policy (and pay the extra premium to cover the tickets).