PDA

View Full Version : Am I really losing my eyesight??

outahere
03-23-2005, 01:36 PM
It looks like the Magic is anchored in the harbor in St. Thomas today. If it is the Magic, I don't see the forward funnel!! Anyone know if the Magic is doing an eastern itinerary this week? Here is the link to the webcam, if anyone cares to check it out.

http://www.caribline.com/islands/vi/forum/cam.shtml

StuartMI
03-23-2005, 01:41 PM
Cant be.. No funnels and there arent lifeboats that far back.

jlowejd5
03-23-2005, 01:42 PM
It took me five minutes of staring back and forth from that webcam to the big 8x10 above my desk, but I don't think that's a Disney ship. Other than the missing stack, and the remaining stack being the wrong color, the angle on the stern is wrong. The Magic is more of a curve than a straight line. And those windows under where the forward pool would be aren't right.

It's almost the right color scheme, but I'm pretty sure it's not the Magic.

Dis
03-23-2005, 01:47 PM
The Magic is scheduled to be in St Thomas today.
Ships scheduled to be in St Thomas:
Costa Atlantica
Disney Magic
Mariner of the Seas
Zaandam
Star Princess
Volendam

Lloyd Dobler
03-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Based on the stern, I believe that's a HAL ship at the inner anchorage. Based on the cruise ship schedule on the Caribeonline site, the Magic should be docked at Crown Bay, and wouldn't be visible from this camera. The same schedule lists HAL's Zaandam in the harbor, so apparently everything went to plan.

outahere
03-23-2005, 02:01 PM
Based on the stern, I believe that's a HAL ship at the inner anchorage. Based on the cruise ship schedule on the Caribeonline site, the Magic should be docked at Crown Bay, and wouldn't be visible from this camera. The same schedule lists HAL's Zaandam in the harbor, so apparently everything went to plan.

I just checked out a picture of the Zaandam on the HAL site and you're right, it does look like that is the ship anchored in the inner harbor. Whew.......... even though the forward funnel is only for cosmetics, I would hate to see it missing!!

Wow.......... sure am glad I'm not in St. Thomas today. With six ships in port, it has to be a mob scene!!