PDA

View Full Version : Book Cruise through who?

pbharris4
03-22-2005, 08:13 PM
We're thinking of a 7 nt cruise in 2006 or 2007. We won't be using DVC points so we thought we'd book through someone else. WHo would you recommend for the best deal and the best service. I haven't booked at an online travel agent. (Guess I am kind of leery about it...with all the internet fraud and stuff), but would like some of your opinions and experiences. Thanks a bunch! :)

djs113
03-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Carol at ************** has been great for all our disney cruises, best prices by far

www.dfwcruises.com is her web address

************** has independent agents all over the country, similar to Dana at ******

I received the best rebate from Carol

any q's, PM me

- David

shmoogrrrl
03-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Dreams Unlimited Travel is AWESOME! I have used them for four of our five cruises! (Well, the fifth is coming up.) The only reason I didn't use them for a ll of them is that we didn't know they exisited on our first one!

dreamsunlimitedtravel.com

TJHutch
03-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Karen at Dreams Unlimited gave us the best price.

smilingmouse
03-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Dana at www.*********** has amazing prices and EXCELLENT customer service....
Feel free to PM me with questions.....

KaitlinsMom
03-22-2005, 11:39 PM
I had a lot of trouble trying to get a hold of Dana at middan - Not to say she is not any good- just could not get a hold of her a number of times

Dreams unlimited has been wonderful for us! Booked several cruises with them and have been very happy!

Luckymommyx2
03-23-2005, 07:19 AM
Our first DCL vacation we used DU and not complaints. For our next several cruises we've booked through Costco because they were hundreds less and we still received excellent customer service. We really liked DU but we need to save money wherever possible!

my3kids
03-23-2005, 07:29 AM
I've booked directly with cruise lines, with Costco, cruise.com and www.cruisequick.com Currently I am liking cruisequick.com the best. Their customer service has been great (I like email a lot better than phone tag) and the price was a lot less than anyone else.

my3kids
03-23-2005, 07:31 AM
Forgot to add that I recently listened to a story on the news that identity theft was a lot LESS likely to happen online than in real life. Website you go to to for secure transactions were safer than giving your card to a clerk, throwing out old papers, etc.

McFamily2
03-23-2005, 12:31 PM
I did not shop around as much as I could have but All Seasons got me the best price of 3 I talked to. I talked to Sandra but when I requested to change categories/staterooms another person was able to help me and got me a new room assignment that day.

StuartMI
03-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Dana
1 800 ********

DisneyDreams4P&B
03-23-2005, 12:51 PM
I did extensive research for our upcoming cruise. I looked online, called many different ravel agents and decided on AAA, then I took one last look and I came upon All Seasons Travel. I called and spoke to John. He was by far the most personable, really took his time and answered all of my questions and gave me a better price than anyone else (saving us hundreds of dollars so we could upgrade to a better cabin for what we would have spent anyway with AAA). I also have to say that we are traveling with an autistic child and I was extrememly concerned about several issues, he answered all of my questions and made sure that my confident in my decision to travel. I cannot recommend them enough.

kbkids
03-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Anyone have experience with Small World Vacations that are recommended through MouseSavers?

BWVPam
03-23-2005, 07:42 PM
I agree with using Dana at ************** (***********) She is awesome. I checked with all of the major TA's that are listed on this board and she was cheaper than all. She even beat the price that I had received from Costco.

Pam

dzneprincess
03-23-2005, 08:26 PM
I whole heartedly agree about Dana! I absolutely ADORE her and she is great to work with! I have used her since 2003 and have booked 4 cruises with her. She has ALWAYS beaten my lowest price except one time, and you know what she said? " You got a GREAT deal girl! Jump on it!" She was actually excited for me. I would call her, because it is well worth it. www.***********

mom_rules
03-24-2005, 07:36 AM
Highly recommend Small World-saved us lots of $ always prompt with replies to questions-updated constantly with changes on board ship ie. entertainment and dress codes etc. Love them and will use them again for our next cruise (did I say next cruise-yikes we're hooked!)

pbharris4
03-24-2005, 09:05 AM
Thank you so much everyone! I'll have to check out all those that were recommended. I'd feel better using someone that others recommend or have used other than just doing a search on the internet. We're taking our 1st cruise (3 night) this summer, so I will wait to book anything until after that in case we don't like cruising, but I highly doubt it will be a problem! :) I wish we were doing the 7 night this year! I just know we'll enjoy it!