PDA

View Full Version : How long from landing in MCO to actually boarding ship?

Jen in MA
03-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Our flight is scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 11:59am on the day of our cruise... not the ideal flight time, but we booked through DCL and that's what we're stuck with! We will be using DCL transfers... about what time will I arrive on the ship? I'm hoping not to miss the welcome buffet! Also, wanted to try to get a ressie for Palo. Thanks!

allears
03-22-2005, 05:26 PM
If your flight arrives on time, I would think you could be at the ship between 1:30 and 2:30. Since you have transfers, you don't have to worry about claiming your luggage. Just meet the cruise reps in the main terminal, they'll take you to the bus area. It is a 45 min drive to the port. You'll have you forms filled out and in the little envelope they give you, so checking in should take about 5 mins, since there won't be any line. Then onto the ship. You may make it for lunch, but it may be close. One of the locations, Topsiders or Parrot Cay close a little later.

As for Palo, be flexible with you night and time, and you'll probably have no problem. But if in the unlikely event there are no slots left, don't give up. Check with Palo every day, and maybe several times during the day for cancellations. I know they have a wait list, but don't rely on just that. There are always cancellations.

TrolleyGirl
03-22-2005, 05:54 PM
We too had DCL air. We landed at 11:59, took the Disney tranfer bus, checked in at Port, and boarded the ship at exactly 1:30PM. We dropped our luggage off, wandered the ship, and grabbed a bite at Topsiders by 2:30. By the way we were also able to secure reservations at Palos for brunch & tea. Long story short, you'll be fine.

mommasita
03-22-2005, 05:59 PM
I would definitely agree with allears... Arriving before 2 or so would be quite remarkable.. Just getting out of MCO is a challenge :earboy2:

Flexibility with Palo ressies is important, and even if all is full, calling daily for cancellations almost always results in finding an opening....

Enjoy :sunny:

Jen in MA
03-22-2005, 06:11 PM
I hope we're as lucky as you were TrolleyGirl... I'll be thrilled if we're on the ship by 1:30. At least with the transfers, I won't need to stop at baggage claim and can head straight for the bus! I'm so excited... I leave in 25 days!