PDA

View Full Version : REAS basket?

Pacha
03-22-2005, 03:05 PM
I read in a post awhile ago that the champagne for the REAS basket is Korbel Brut. Is there any way to change that? My DW and I prefer Martini & Rossi Asti Spumate. We would drink the Korbel, but would much rather have the Asti :drinking1

pacha

Princess Tink
03-22-2005, 03:44 PM
We don't drink Champagne, so we called Guest Services and they had us go up to Palo to exchange it. I dont recall what they exchanged it for, but it was very painless.

jenmack
03-22-2005, 04:08 PM
I have e-mailed our TA yesterday in regards to that very same question. We did the REAS last October and we did not like the Korbel Brut. Way too dry for us. We ended up dumping most of it out. I asked our TA if we could switch the Korbel for Spumante. Our TA checked with Disney and evidently we can't. The baskets come pre-packaged from a vendor and you only have the choice of the champagne or apple cider. I e-mailed my TA back today wondering if we could just forget the basket all together since we have one already from last October and just have a bottle of Spumante instead of the basket. I guess we will see. :confused3 :)

Babs417
03-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Put O.J. or cranberry juice in it you will love it! :cool1: :banana: :rotfl2: :love2:

jenmack
03-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Thanks! That's a good idea. We can get OJ from the drink station on deck 9, I think? So, does the juice help disguise the dryness? We don't drink very much, but I have to admit that I love Asti. :)

goofydadeo
03-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Did the REAS on our most recent cruise. We switch bottles very easily, just bring the unopened bottle to dinner and ask your server to switch it and pay the difference if necessary!