PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from POR to port...

lhiltunen66
03-22-2005, 01:52 PM
We are taking a land and sea vacation May 15-22. I have read elsewhere that the Disney hotel shuttles get you into port quite late and many people have already boarded the ship, made Palo reservations, etc. Is this true? Are we better off to have a town car pick us up at 9 or so to make it to port by 1030 or so? Thnaks for your help! :earsgirl:

depomas
03-22-2005, 01:54 PM
All that you heard is very true... Palo ressies go very quickly.. It is up to you on what you want to do, but maybe you should check into some other options...

I would most definitely, but then again I have a very obsessive disorder with all things disney, and have the NEED to be on the boat as soon as possible.. :goodvibes

musicgirl
03-22-2005, 02:10 PM
When we did the land/sea from POR, the scheduled pick up time was 12:15. There were so many people there that we ended up on the 2nd bus. So we didn't arrive until 1:30. You don't have to check in, but by that time everyone could basically walk through everything without waiting.

Personally, I would arrange for a towncar. No lines waiting for the bus, no children throwing up next to me and I get to choose the pick up time which would be about 9:30 to arrive around 10:15-10:30. You would have to check in so they can collect all your paperwork. On the bus, they collect it. But I would imagine the check in would be very simple since you already basically checked in at the hotel.

angelmom
03-22-2005, 10:07 PM
We just got back a few weeks ago (seems so long already) and stayed at POFQ. we had a rental car and didn't leave the hotel till about 11:15. There was a line of cars to get into the port area for parking and so we got onto the ship about 12:40. I saw a few busses get there then also. I got in line for Palo right after we got on the ship and had no problem with a res.

Limmer
03-23-2005, 09:02 AM
As far as reservations, we got to the ship around 2:00 if I recall correctly adn my DH went to make Palo ressies while I went to make spa ressies. We did not get tea at Palo but we did get dinner and brunch on the days we wanted (we were not picky about time) and I did get the 3 spa appointments I wanted (again I was flexible on time but not the day). However, we did go in October so it was during the slower time.