PDA

View Full Version : Who to see about special occasion

dkostel
03-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Hi,
I've already informed my TA about the special occasion we are celebrating but who do I see onboard for cake, etc?? (I don't have the highest degree of confidence in my TA as I was quoted a different balance due price everytime I spoke to them).
Thanks-
Donna

KyCruisinSusan
03-22-2005, 12:49 PM
If you want stateroom decorations I would go straight to DCL to arrange it. As far as getting the cake goes, you can speak to your head server or your dining room server the first night at dinner.

Jiffymom
03-22-2005, 04:43 PM
your maiter d will help you. That is his job to make you happy. Plus his tips rely on that too :earsboy:

jrabbit
03-22-2005, 05:45 PM
your maiter d will help you. That is his job to make you happy. Plus his tips rely on that too :earsboy:In DCL speak, that would be the "Head Server" (who usually does NOT do much serving - but will help a serving team when they are having problems.)
If you want stateroom decorations I would go straight to DCL to arrange it. And theres always Shirley at the Perfect Gift!!

mom x4,grandma x4
03-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Howdy,
we told them when we booked our cruise and they forgot, we just told the wait staff and 5 minutes later we had cake and songs being sung. So if they forget to tell them, just tell your waiter and he'll fix it. If it's a surprize for someone, just tell your waiter privately the night before as a reminder. Or you can go to guest relations and tell them that your worried that the wait staff wasnt notified and they will take care of it or tell you who t o talk too. Then you'll know it will be done for sure.
Have a magical cruise.
mom x4,grandma x4

logan1_2000
03-23-2005, 03:48 PM
Our first DCL cruise was my DMIL taking the extended family as her 60th b'day present to herself--we spoke w/ our waiter the first night (we never clicked with the head waiter) and night to night we weren't sure which dinner would be the best for the birthday cake, and we just kept the dialogue open, and he even clued us in on what would happen on various days of the trip or in different dining rooms to give us the ability to make an informed decision. It was no problem, and an area where DCL service and desire to make family events into happy memories really proved awesome.

But as others have said--yes, generally, Head Waiter should help you arrange all special celebrations.

And we did a surprise cruise for DW's b'day just 7 months later--my experience w/ DCL b'day cake--I love DCL, but the cake wasn't that great, so don't pay extra for a bad cake in your stateroom, just do decorations or wine or champagne, if anything, and get the cake at dinner (and be prepared to order a regular dessert anyway, unless there has been a new b'day cake recipe in the past 2 years).