PDA

View Full Version : Still in diapers

Sheriff Woody
03-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Is my not-yet-potty-trained DS(3) going to have any fun? Or is he going to have to hang around the entire time with no-fun Mom and Dad?

I know you astute DISers are going to see right thru this question..... :teeth:

depomas
03-22-2005, 10:51 AM
He will have fun no matter what....

Mom and Dad, may find it tough... You can go to the clubs with him, and supervise him.... You can use FLOUNDERS even though he is 3.... This may be your best option...

THe pool area is difficult, he may only use the ear of the mickey pool, which is for chidren in diapers. The main pools will be off limits...

If I were you, I would go to flounders to get 3 reservations upon boarding... THese can fill up, and then if you would like more, you can call every day for any availability...

Enjoy your cruise.... :flower:

inkkognito
03-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Don't forget, even though he will be limited to the Mickey ear on board, you can take him into the water on Castaway Cay. I see lots of little ones having a blast digging in the sand and going into the shallow part of the water (keep a close eye as it does get deep farther out).
Barb

Sheriff Woody
03-22-2005, 11:01 AM
Thanks! I wasn't aware we would be allowed to sit in the club with him. That might be fun for an hour per day. Great news! He'd much rather be around other kids, so that's a good solution.

There's still a chance he'll be totally trained in the next twelve days :hourglass , but I'm sure not counting on it.

aprilgail2
03-22-2005, 11:11 AM
You may find him to be very bored if he is in flounders....they are more for the under 2 age. My daughter was 2 1/2 and hated it, she said all they had was baby toys and the only thing for the "big kids" was to watch TV the whole time. That was our first cruise and I was not aware taht I could take her to the club and stay there so she could play some so the two of us hung around together the whole cruise (I really didn't mind at all, we had fun!).

zeldacruiser
03-22-2005, 01:46 PM
There's still a chance he'll be totally trained in the next twelve days :hourglass , but I'm sure not counting on it.

You never know...would he feel motivated if you told him he can go in the big-boy pool if he is successful by then?

TiggerzFan
03-22-2005, 02:41 PM
Never underestimate the power of Mouse Magic!
Just last week, we moved our cruise date up by 5 months - to May 7th.... so, less than 7 weeks to go now! When we made the switch, my DD3 wasn't yet potty trained. Told her that now that she's 3, we can only go on the "Mickey Boat" with big girl underwear, no more diapers.
Well guess what? She's been wearing only underwear for 2 weeks (except at night) and hasn't looked back! It was truly AMAZING. Every time she uses the potty, she tells me, "Look, Mommy. I've got my big girl underwear so I can go on the Mickey Boat now and go to the Kids' Club"! :bounce:
Music to my ears....
Good Luck!

GavinsMom
03-22-2005, 04:13 PM
My non-potty trained 2 1/2 year old had a Blast on our Disney Cruise! He LOVED the characters and getting his picture taken with as many as he could. Which really surprised me, I thought he'd be scared. We walked and explored the ship, ate ice cream, walked around Nassau and the Wyndham Resort there, and just had a blast chasing down all the disney characters everywhere. I don't think we'd had put him in the Club, even if he was potty trained. We just enjoyed having him around us and got the most of our family time together!!! He took a nap every afternoon and was able to stay up later for the evening shows (which he liked too).
I wouldn't push the potty training, he'll have a great time even without going to the kidsClub.

hilbil
03-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Our 3yr DD loved the entire cruise, even in diapers. We never went swimming in the pools because there was so much else to do. (Try flying a small kite off deck 10 if you want outdoor time on the ship.) My DH and I took turns taking her to play in the clubs. We stayed with her and she really enjoyed herself. She went to Flounders once and didn't mind watching the video there. Now that we're home, she's totally potty trained and tells me with pride, "Next time I can go in the Mickey pool."

lbgraves
03-23-2005, 06:44 AM
That is a great idea for the small kite! I have ones put away for the kids...guess they will wait until our cruise to come out. :)

Also, not sure if you are aware of the incredibly loud flushing noise. I wouldn't want your DS to be afraid of the toilet so soon after being trained. I know that I had the kids leave the bathroom & shut the door before I flushed it on our first cruise. They were fine with it last time.

Ariel&Flounder'sMom
03-23-2005, 09:21 AM
:earsgirl: We just got back from the 3/13 Wonder, and my DD is 2 1/2 and not potty trained.

Since my older DD was in the Oceaneer's Club, I would often bring my younger DD with us. We'd hang out for periods of time, and she loved it!

You have to be visitor, but the cast members love it when you are. Your DS will get a visitor sticker, and learn to wash his hands just like the other kids.

We hung out for many of the character appearances, dances, and all the rest.

Also, when she was in Flounders, the wonderful cast member (can't remember her name, from Brazil) even let her go visit her sister so they could be together. So both girls were together in the Club. It was so comforting to know they were out for her best interest.

They had to keep checking on her, but when they weren't busy, they could do that.

We were so relieved, and knew the girls were really happy!