PDA

View Full Version : Scuba cancellation

newarknut
03-22-2005, 10:52 AM
Hey, if anyone booked for the scuba excursion scheduled for 4/1/05 from the Wonder has to cancel, please let me know. I need two spots and, as of yesterday, the excursion was fully booked. I am trying to book with another company but would rather book through Disney.

Thanks, you can PM me if it looks like you'll need to cancel.

zeldacruiser
03-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Also try giving DCL a call every morning (if you have the patience) or at least two days before your cruise date to see if anyone cancels. Two days out is the last time when someone can cancel and not be charged. I called that morning and found they had space on the previously-full excursion we wanted.

newarknut
03-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Thanks. I am attempting to book a trip with Nassau Scuba Center. I think it will work out. I believe the dive location is the same at the Disney excursion. I may try to call. I would rather go through DCL, but will be comfortable with NSC.

Thanks again!

two-foxes
03-23-2005, 08:24 AM
We are going to book our dive on our own for Sept. The one thing our dive instructor drilled through our heads was to never use ship sponsored dives. He claims the dive company gets completely ripped off.....I don't know how true that is, but we booked our dives on our backed to backs on our own and we couldn't have been happier! If you go to the PADI website, it offers at least one link to a dive co in Nassua, offering morning and afternoon two tank dive trips.

newarknut
03-23-2005, 10:47 PM
We will be diving with Nassau Scuba Centre. We leave at 11:45 and get back at 6pm. I think we'll be in the same vicinity as the Disney group. Say a little prayer that all goes well.

Thanks for the feedback!

newarknut
04-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Well, we made it back alive. Our dive with Nassau Scuba Centre went well. We had two instructors in the water with us. We did two dives. The first was almost 80 feet with reef sharks. That was a trip. I wasn't expecting sharks!

The second was not as deep with a wreck.

On our first dive, we saw the Disney group. We went to a different location than they did on the second dive.

Everyone as Nassau Scuba Centre was very nice. We got picked up on time and dropped off a little earlier than expected. The cost was a little higher than the exursion (see post above about excursions).

Thanks for the input!