PDA

View Full Version : My dd received a letter

DaisyDebbie
03-18-2005, 07:45 PM
Last year in her 5th grade class, they wrote letters and sent a care package to Iraq. Today she received a letter from a soldier. It is 5 pages long and I was in tears reading it. He has a 10 yo son who he misses terribly. :(

Can anyone here tell from an address where he is?
HSC 983 EN BN
OIF III Fob Speicher
APO AE 09393

Otto's Doll
03-18-2005, 10:13 PM
My DH took a look at it, but has no idea whatsoever. I tried to Google it, but got no help there. Sorry.
Good for your daughter, sending the note and package, it means so much to those serving overseas.

JohnsPrincess
03-19-2005, 01:54 AM
It's FOB Speicher. That's "Forward Operating Base" Speicher. It's in Iraq.

DaisyDebbie
03-19-2005, 08:20 AM
Thanks. I did get a link to a site and found it.

It meant alot to him to get the letter from my dd and it meant even more to our whole family to get a letter back from him. We're going to send him another letter and a belated birthday card. :sunny:

JohnsPrincess
03-20-2005, 04:03 AM
The letters Really do mean a lot. Whenever I read them...SO many of them make me tear up because they are just so darn sweet. :hug:

bengalbelle
03-20-2005, 04:11 AM
The letters Really do mean a lot. Whenever I read them...SO many of them make me tear up because they are just so darn sweet. :hug:
I'm assuming from your post and your location you're serving in the Armed Forces?

lajones81
03-20-2005, 08:47 AM
I am a fifth grade teacher and we "sponsored" 24 marines. Actually, the son of one of our teacher's won a very prestigious medal recently. As a school, we've "adopted" probably 200+ marines. So far of the 24 letters we have written, we have received 8 responses. I wasn't expecting any response and told my kids that the marines may or may not have time to write so getting 1/3 a letter was fantastic! I was crying the whole time when I read them because many of the marines were 20-25. (I am 24 so it hits close to home!) Also, my kids are 10-11 and we talked a lot about where we see ourselves in 10 years. They really were shocked when they realized that in 10 years they could be fighting in a war, too. God bless our soldiers, marines, and everyone else!

classicpooh4
04-25-2005, 10:01 PM
When my dh was over seas our daughters class wrote letters also, it was really neat. No-one knows how much the letters really mean. It really does help alot to get those letters.