View Full Version : Anything but Rack for Christmas week?
03-18-2005, 09:49 AM
We're going at Christmas - yes the actual week of Christmas. It's Holiday rates at all the resorts. Anyone know of any other rates available during this time or is it not even worth hoping for? We're eligible to use Fl Res Rates, AAA discount, and would consider AP.
any help appreciated!
03-18-2005, 10:11 AM
It depends on when you are checking in, if you can possibly check in on the last day before Holiday season starts, you can get Value rates for your entire stay.
Otherwise, I think you are out of luck.
03-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Last year AP and Fla Res rates were available for check-ins through 12/25. There are no discounts offered for check ins from 12/26 to 1/1. The cut off for the last day varies depending on where in the week Christmas day falls. As long as you check in before the cut off, the discount should apply to your entire stay. If you aren't arriving till after Christmas day, there are no available discounts.
03-18-2005, 09:33 PM
Last year AP and Fla Res rates were available for check-ins through 12/25. There are no discounts offered for 12/26 to 1/1. The cut off for the last day varies depending on where in the week Christmas day falls.
Hi, do you know what type of discounts those were ? Just thinking of a Dec. trip this year. Thanks !
03-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Last year's AP rates for check-ins 9/30/04 – 12/25/04:
· Value Resorts (All Stars and Pop Century) - $49 standard, Value season; $69 standard, Regular season
· Moderate Resorts - $79 standard, Value season; $84 standard, Regular season; $99 preferred or king, Regular season
· Animal Kingdom Lodge - $135 pool view, Value season; $151 savannah view, Value season; $163 savannah view, Regular season; $335 concierge, Value season
· Wilderness Lodge - $121 woods view, Value season; $124 standard view, Regular season; $137 courtyard view, Value season; $151 courtyard view, Value season
· Ft. Wilderness Cabins - $139, Value season
· Contemporary - $149 garden wing standard view, Regular season; $151 garden view, Value season; $245 tower, Value season
· Polynesian - $229 garden view, Regular season; $300 garden view concierge, Value season; $380 lagoon view concierge, Value season
· Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club - $199 standard, Value season; $215 standard, Regular season
· Grand Floridian - $249 garden view, Value season; $310 lagoon view, Value season
elaine and the boys
03-18-2005, 10:00 PM
The last two years there were general codes for room only, FL resident room only codes and AP room only codes...also some package codes. AAA doesn't offer codes during the holiday week. So it seems like there is a good chance of getting some kind of code if history repeats itself. Check out http://www.mousesavers.com/faq.html#codetrends for a complete code history from the past two years. ::MinnieMo
03-18-2005, 10:01 PM
Thanks weluvpluto ! I hope this year they give out codes similar to last years ! :worship:
03-18-2005, 10:03 PM
Oops sorry ! Thanks too "elaine and the boys" :earsgirl:
elaine and the boys
03-18-2005, 10:13 PM
You're very welcome!!
03-19-2005, 02:10 AM
I was able to get AP rates at the Poly for the past two Christmas weeks. In 2003, I paid $189/night with tax at the Poly for a garden view, and $215/night in 2004 for the same room. I did have to check in no later than Christmas Day to get those rates but by doing that, I was able to get the rates for my entire stay(through New Years).
Last year when I called in October to book the Poly, it was quoted at $225/night without tax but it was not available for my entire stay. I booked the AKL Savannah view at that time for $169/night with tax. I called back at the beginning of December to see if the Poly had become available. Not only did they have a room for my entire stay but the price went down. It never hurts to keep calling if you want a specific resort. People cancel all the time and room availability sometimes seems to open up.
03-19-2005, 09:03 PM
Thank you guys so much for all the advice...I like to think I'm a seasoned Disney visitor...been myself 40+ times, but it never even occurred to me to check in before the rates change. I think we're going to go ahead and book a MYW package for December then wait and hope we can get an even better deal with codes. If not, we still do OK. By checking in the day before the rates change, we can stay 9 days for less than the price of 7 we were looking at before. :jumping1: Thanks again!
03-21-2005, 10:59 AM
I've gotten a quote checking in on December 20th for 1 week and checking in on December 18 for 1 week. The difference is astronomical!
The 19th is the end of value season, so do your best to check in before that date!
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.