PDA

View Full Version : Chances of a code for May 5th??


NJDisneymom
03-15-2005, 06:54 AM
I'm assuming at this point there is VERY VERY LITTLE chance of a code for our May trip, right??

I haven't been up on the codes since AP's came out but I told myself if they weren't out this week I would go ahead and switch to the dining package. Of course I would just shoot myself if I made the switch today and codes came out Thursday.

Any new rumors on when/if they are coming???

The dining package will be a great deal for us, as we have 6 character meals planned (that alone almost covers the entire cost!!) but the savings would disappear if it meant paying $50/night more for our resort because we couldn't use a code.

Is there any hope or should I go ahead and make the changes????

aka-mad4themouse
03-15-2005, 07:36 AM
If you're already booked at the rack rate for a room-only reservation and you would really prefer the package, I see no reason to delay making the change. You'll be paying the same for the room regardless. IF any codes come out for your dates (and at this late date, I'm a little skeptical about it), then you could always make further changes to your reservation. You are still outside of that 45-day "pay a penalty for cancellations/changes" period.

The only other suggestion that I could make for a possible discount would be to check AAA for a package price for your dates. If you're a member and a discounted package is available, you could save a couple hundred off of the rack rate. Good luck!

CarolA
03-15-2005, 08:03 AM
Disney tends to invite every press person in the world to thier events. Now I would think most of them would be in CA, but at least some of them will be in FL. So if you are looking deluxe that could be an issue. (Press folks get put up nice!) Not sure if that would impact anything else.

NJDisneymom
03-15-2005, 01:50 PM
we are staying at the POFQ. We already have our room at rack rate and I just figured if there was no chance of codes I might as well add the dining package.

I guess I'm just not very hopeful for codes this late in the game. The dining plan will save us money, but not as much as the room for $99/night would have.

JuneCleaver
03-15-2005, 02:49 PM
Another option would be to contact a TA about your trip. I know that for our trips, my TA has at least found me a AAA rate and then monitored my reservation for any discounts that came up. AAA rate is better than rack!

Using a TA definitely saved me the headache of constantly watching and worrying about a discount. With all of the TA's mentioned on these boards, you have plenty of them to choose from for help.

June