PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone get the communication error message on Ding?

vossjemi
03-09-2005, 11:42 PM
I have this at home (XP) and did the work around at work (2000). Sometimes, when I turn my computer on at home, it all works out fine. Dings, and I check it. But, sometimes, when the little soutwest icon appears it actually has a big exclamation point covering it, and when I click on it, it says there was a communication error. It never clears up. I have to turn off the computer and reboot. This has happened maybe 3 times since I got the download. Anyone know why?

p.s. Just got it at work today and so far that seems to be working fine!

chasbos
03-10-2005, 08:19 AM
Make sure your Firewall protection allows for the SWA website - I had to turn mine off, but just for the SWA website.

Mark P.
03-10-2005, 09:04 AM
I'm also running XP and mine does the same thing, too.
Rather than reboot, I right click on the ding icon and choose exit. Then I open the ding program again from the start and programs menu. That clears it up for me until the next time I sign off.

meuseman
03-10-2005, 09:13 AM
I know there is a bug in >Ding< with Windows 2000. I cannot use Ding at work because I have a proxy server.

Mickey_Maniac
03-10-2005, 11:15 AM
I know there is a bug in >Ding< with Windows 2000. I cannot use Ding at work because I have a proxy server.

I am in the same boat having to use a proxy server. I wanted to write to SWA to ask if Ding could be configured to use the proxy, but I cannot figure out where to send the request. Anyone have any ideas?

vossjemi
03-10-2005, 01:07 PM
Make sure your Firewall protection allows for the SWA website - I had to turn mine off, but just for the SWA website.
Well, I have Norton, and shortly after I installed the program I got the msg that southwest was trying to access my computer, and wanted to know if I'd allow it. I clicked on the always allow, so I'm not sure why I sometimes get this error thing. Its not every time. Just sometimes. Weird. How do I check to be sure I have the firewall turned off for swa?

disneyldwjr
03-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Running ME here and I often get the error, most especially when there are no deals or they have expired. I just close the program and reopen it.

leewrobe
03-10-2005, 06:34 PM
I have Norton 2004,on 2003 I believe you click options>INTERNET SECURITY AND THEN CLICK THE WEB CONTENT TAB ...

cranbiz
03-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Running at work behind a proxy server with XP Pro and mine works fine.

Meanwhile at home the only time I lost communications was when the cable went down (gee I wonder why?)