PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU!!! I have code next to my name!!!!!

sandy2002
03-07-2005, 08:27 PM
I just wanted to say thank you! I would have never have known about calling to see if I have a code next to my name if I wouldn't have found this site. :flower: You all have been so helpful in making our Disney trip a wonderful one! I reserved the pop century resort for May 28 for 6 nights at a rate of $65.79 (including tax) a night for a total of about $395.00! :cool1: THANK YOU ALL!!!!

ciera321
03-07-2005, 08:28 PM
WOW, congratulations!!! Spread some pixy dust our way.... :goodvibes

DisneyPhD
03-07-2005, 08:30 PM
That is great! :goodvibes

(BTW, I never would of thought of it either and I got PORS in May for 88 a night with taxes.)

sandy2002
03-07-2005, 08:31 PM
sure thing :flower:

sandy2002
03-07-2005, 08:33 PM
I was just wondering if I should up grade? I could get a moderate resort for the same time period for $88.09 a night including tax. Is it worth it. It will be my husband and I and 8yr old daughter. Any advice would be appreciated! :flower:

picantel
03-07-2005, 08:38 PM
For $20 more a night I would take POFQ any day of the week. Great resort.

bytheblood
03-07-2005, 08:40 PM
For $20 more a night I would take POFQ any day of the week. Great resort.

I second that!!! :goodvibes

Tara
03-07-2005, 08:42 PM
I was just wondering if I should up grade? I could get a moderate resort for the same time period for $88.09 a night including tax. Is it worth it. It will be my husband and I and 8yr old daughter. Any advice would be appreciated! :flower:

Get thee to a telephone and call to upgrade NOW, lady! :banana:

It isn't every day you can get such a good price for a moderate - go for it!

DisneyPhD
03-07-2005, 08:43 PM

Here is my thought on that....

We have the same choice. Since refridgeators are $10 a night in values and free in mods and deluxes for us it was really only $10 more a night, and we love PORS. (we used to stay there back when it was Dixie Landings.) This will be our 1st time not at a DVC resort in a few years.)

One thing I like about the mods is they are fun and romantic for both adults and kids, unlike vaules that are fun for kids, but not romantic. :banana:

sandy2002
03-07-2005, 09:04 PM
thanks guys for all of your help! :flower: Just one more quesiton...the code is also good for the wilderness lodge for $152.00 a night including tax. Which one would you take? The moderate for $88 or the deluxe for $152?

ciera321
03-07-2005, 09:10 PM
I would go with a moderate. While we loved WL, I don't think I'd choose it over POR or CSR for $64 more per night, but then we love the mods and don't really spend that much time in our room.... :flower:

javaj
03-07-2005, 09:10 PM
I'd choose WL -- I really like the deluxe hotels though. Whether it is worth the price difference is a personal choice....

Another thing to consider if you haven't bought park passes yet is adding the package and MYW dining option. Others have had problems with that, but we were able to add that to our discount email pin code.

thanks guys for all of your help! :flower: Just one more quesiton...the code is also good for the wilderness lodge for $152.00 a night including tax. Which one would you take? The moderate for $88 or the deluxe for $152?

pjtjm
03-17-2005, 06:36 PM
I just wanted to say thank you! I would have never have known about calling to see if I have a code next to my name if I wouldn't have found this site. :flower: You all have been so helpful in making our Disney trip a wonderful one! I reserved the pop century resort for May 28 for 6 nights at a rate of $65.79 (including tax) a night for a total of about $395.00! :cool1: THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Okay, I'm super new here, so please forgive my ignorance, but what are these wonderful codes I've been reading about, and how do you get one "next to your name?"

We are taking our 3 kids for the first time in the last weekend in August.
Here's us -- :grouphug: (well, on a good day anyway!!! ;) )

We are so excited, but my dreams are a bit bigger than my wallet!!

I've learned so much from you all just by lurking the last week or so, now I thought I'd join in and be part of the party!!

Thanks in advance for any help you can suggest!

sandy2002
03-17-2005, 07:09 PM
Disney sends out pins randomly via snail mail and email. These pins are only good for the person whose name it is attached to and they are not general public discounts. Go to disney and sign up for their newsletter the Insider. When you sign up you can check a box that says that you want to receive special offers. I had heard of people who didn't get anything via snail mail or email but had one listed next to their name in Disney's database. I called and asked if I had one. I got very lucky and it turned out I did. The offer I received included taxes and was a value for $65.79/night, deluxe for $88.09/night and deluxe for $152.00. It never hurts to call and if you get someone who is rude hang up and call back. Good luck! I hope you get one! :flower:

DMRick
03-17-2005, 07:31 PM
I reserved the pop century resort for May 28 for 6 nights at a rate of $65.79
Is that a preferred room for that rate at POP?

pjtjm
03-17-2005, 09:34 PM
Go to disney and sign up for their newsletter the Insider. When you sign up you can check a box that says that you want to receive special offers. I had heard of people who didn't get anything via snail mail or email but had one listed next to their name in Disney's database. I called and asked if I had one. I got very lucky and it turned out I did. The offer I received included taxes and was a value for $65.79/night, deluxe for $88.09/night and deluxe for $152.00. It never hurts to call and if you get someone who is rude hang up and call back. Good luck! I hope you get one! :flower:

Wow, thank you very much for the insider info!!

I'm headed over to that site now!!

:disrocks:

princessknb
03-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Just wanted to say CONGRATS!!!! We're checking in to POP on the same day for 7 nights. See you Soon!! :jumping1:

sandy2002
03-18-2005, 04:39 PM
DMRick --The $65.79 with my pin discount at POP was for a standard room.

punkin
03-18-2005, 05:14 PM
I called last week and the CM did not find a code attached to my name. My DH called today and I got a room for $79 + tax at POR. I wanted POP, but DH was told this was all that was available. I still have no pin nukmber and I never received a post card or email. I hope it doesn't revert to rack when I get there.

I am finally happy. This was as good as my AP rate for POP.

disneydebk
03-18-2005, 05:31 PM
That $65.79 would be for a standard room ($59 plus tax a night).

weluvpluto
03-18-2005, 05:40 PM
I called last week and the CM did not find a code attached to my name. My DH called today and I got a room for $79 + tax at POR. I wanted POP, but DH was told this was all that was available. I still have no pin nukmber and I never received a post card or email. I hope it doesn't revert to rack when I get there.

I am finally happy. This was as good as my AP rate for POP.

Just remember you get a fridge and an awesome resort :sunny:
You could try to keep calling for cancellations if you really want POP, but I'd stick with POR :earsgirl:

punkin
03-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Thanks weluvpluto. I've never stayed at amoderate before, but I think it's worth the extra $20 per night. I hope I like it. Now I lave to go to the resort board and read up on a hotel at which I never thought to stay.

weluvpluto
03-18-2005, 06:32 PM
POR is our favorite moderate resort! It has a very relaxed atmosphere :flower: - I hope you like it!!!

DMRick
03-18-2005, 06:52 PM
That $65.79 would be for a standard room ($59 plus tax a night).
Thanks. I jsut wondered, because they offered us POP at $49 and POR at $79, so I thought maybe this was for a 60's building room.

kelscross
03-18-2005, 07:53 PM
What is the site for the Disney Insider? I think I get that email already and have never gotten a code. Was the code in the insider or a separate email?

Nolcrest
03-18-2005, 08:20 PM
Now don't go crazy because of a code and upgrade to WL. Although WL is great the moderates are really really nice too. I'm actually more comfortable at POR than WL. Enjoy the savings and if you really want to try a mod go for it but I wouldn't stetch it to the WL. Have a grat time! :)

mrsbert
03-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Just wanted to say CONGRATS!!!! We're checking in to POP on the same day for 7 nights. See you Soon!! :jumping1:

We'll be at POP the exact same time too!!

I love to see people using their unexpected codes. It makes the trip that much better. :teeth: :hyper:

Disneybotz
03-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Does anyone have the number to call to see if there is a pin next to my name? I always get mail from the insider, but I never recieved a code. I just figured I'd take the chance and call, you never know I just might get lucky. :teeth: :mickeybar

weluvpluto
03-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Does anyone have the number to call to see if there is a pin next to my name? I always get mail from the insider, but I never recieved a code. I just figured I'd take the chance and call, you never know I just might get lucky. :teeth: :mickeybar

You just call the regular number 1-407-WDISNEY.
:goodvibes
Good Luck! :wizard:

AlexTina
03-19-2005, 11:10 PM
I reserved the Poly a couple of weeks ago for $216 a night I already had ressies at rack rate and was anxiously awaiting general codes but after finding this site and reading several threads about people calling I decided I would give it a try. The CM I spoke to very quickly said "well yes you do have a code attached to your name, we sent you a postcard recently" well needless to say I never received he postcard but that doesn't matter if they sent it then it's in their system and I saved a heck of a lot of money. :cool1:

Tina

Sandi
03-20-2005, 05:24 PM
For the OP, I would choose the PO-R over WL. We've stayed at both and actually prefer PO-R. It has a better pool area and a nicer food court. I also like the grounds at PO-R better.

Enjoy.

r5moores
03-22-2005, 03:49 PM
Doin the happy dance :banana: :banana: :banana:
Just called and I had a code attached I didnt know about....gotta love this board....got a moderate for 88.09 a night including tax.

yeah yeah yeah :rotfl: :rotfl: :cheer2: :cheer2:

gotta love lifes little happy surprises
thanks everybody

:cool1: :cool1:
:flower: :flower:

tripplanner2
03-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Anyone with a code traveling after July 5?

r5moores
03-24-2005, 08:56 PM
No my code ended for July 4th. So what I did was book July3-17th. Because my ressie started before july 4th all my nights after july 4th continued with the 88.09 rate. Great deal. So I have two nights on the manditory date for code and 13 after the code ends with the code price because its booked for during the code time. Try it that way unless you dont want to go with anytime during the 4th.

tripplanner2
03-24-2005, 09:06 PM
We are not going until July 12 AND I have not gotten a code that I know of. I just figure I will wait to call CRO until I know people are getting a code for dates beyond July 4.

weluvpluto
03-24-2005, 09:50 PM
No my code ended for July 4th. So what I did was book July3-17th. Because my ressie started before july 4th all my nights after july 4th continued with the 88.09 rate. Great deal. So I have two nights on the manditory date for code and 13 after the code ends with the code price because its booked for during the code time. Try it that way unless you dont want to go with anytime during the 4th.

You were able to book all the nights at that rate? I thought there was a limit of 10 nights...I may have to call back and add our last 4 nights :blush:

MagicalMom
03-24-2005, 09:59 PM
I just found out that there is a pin attached to my name too! I'm soo excited. We got POR for 79.00. We did have to move our trip up by 2 days to get in before July4th, but I don't care. It's a great rate! :)

punkin
03-25-2005, 07:19 PM
me too, me too. just got my confirmation.

gcphil
03-25-2005, 09:46 PM
:cool1:

Thanks to this board I just called and also had a code/discount attached to my name!!! It was for a room only discount. Unfortunately most rooms/resorts were already booked for my dates (June 17-26, 2005). I was given $166 night for AK (savannah view) or $59 night for All Star Music. Any comments on AK? I have a 9 yr old daughter and 7 yr old son.

weluvpluto
03-25-2005, 09:52 PM

Thanks to this board I just called and also had a code/discount attached to my name!!! It was for a room only discount. Unfortunately most rooms/resorts were already booked for my dates (June 17-26, 2005). I was given $166 night for AK (savannah view) or $59 night for All Star Music. Any comments on AK? I have a 9 yr old daughter and 7 yr old son.

I've never stayed at AKL, but I would post your question on the resort board, you'll get more responses there :)

Trissy
03-29-2005, 02:10 PM
I tried to book online for April at the CBR and it wouldn't come up, they gave me other resorts to choose from. I figured I would call to see if it's available and also to check to see if I had a pin by my name. Well surprisingly I did :cool1: and OF COURSE the CBR is not available :sad2: . Just my luck, I was only considering it because I got such a great rate with Southwest out of Chicago. We like to go the end of August anyway and it will give me more time to save. I'll just keep my eyes on this board for those Aug/Sept deals!

dcibrando
03-29-2005, 02:14 PM
ok... if I call and already have a reservation through a travel agent... what do I tell them so they won't get upset (like the previous CM i called did)

Mari annie
03-29-2005, 03:08 PM

Thanks for the tips!!

:goodvibes

MinniMama
03-29-2005, 06:25 PM
Where do you call to find out if you have a code and what do you ask for- sorry new to this thread-

Trissy
03-29-2005, 09:13 PM
I just called CRO at (407) WDISNEY and told them that I would like to know if I have a pin number listed under my name. After getting all my information the CR said " it looks like you do".

sewallmom
03-29-2005, 09:48 PM
Some one help me I have read lots of threads and the more I read the more I get confused. What does it mean by having a code next to your name and do you just call WDW and ask if you have a code when you book a room? I am taking my daughter ( 4 yrs today) to disney for 4 days in May and could use a break. Any advice would be so so so helpful.

Thank You
Sewallmom

weluvpluto
03-29-2005, 09:55 PM
To have a pin # by your name means that Disney sent you an email or postcard offering a special resort rate.

luvdisney999
03-30-2005, 12:40 AM
I've been reading my Disney Insider, but haven't seen any?

Everytime I call Disney, they tell me that I can't see my reservation b/c AAA booked it. What should I do? I hate to bother my AAA rep. again - I've had to change my reservation 3 times now!

Any help???

:Pinkbounc

dcibrando
03-30-2005, 05:38 AM
I know this is an odd request but will someone call for me to ask if I have a pin next to my name? I'm at work all day and can't... and really want to check to see. I already have a reservation through a travel agent but if I have a code, I can get the code and then apply it to my existing reservation.

PM me for details if someone would be so kind to check for me

C-CMom
03-30-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm new to these boards, but wanted to add my thanks for the tips on getting Pins/Codes. Thanks to all who wrote encouraging words to get me to call since my little PIN miracle was right there waiting! We already had a Pop Century reservation for 5 nights starting end of May, so I inquired as nicely as I could if the CM would mind checking for a discount I may have missed in a promotional email. The CM was excellent and re-did my prior online booking to a "call-in" room-only ressie and pulled up the $59 per night rate ($65.79 with tax). Thanks again to all for the advice, and best wishes for pixie-dust for everyone else! :cloud9:

queenvic
03-30-2005, 04:40 PM
So..... I just call 1-407-WDISNEY and say, "Hello. My name is XXXXX. Can you tell me if there is a PIN code next to my name?"

Queenvic princess:

Trissy
03-30-2005, 09:36 PM
When I called the first words out of my mouth were, "can you check to see if I have a pin number?"