PDA

View Full Version : disney visa code before public code?

Jenny
02-26-2005, 11:59 AM
i called the 800 # on the back of my disney visa card to ask about special room rates at disney world hotels & the customer rep. really didn't seem to know what i was talking about. w/ some more explanation on my part, she gave me some specials that they're having w/ vero beach, etc so i knew we were on the right track but then she ended up giving me a disney (407) # to call re: my question. i asked her the general question - how will i know about special promotions that you offer regarding hotel room rates? she said mailings. there's talk on this forum about public codes coming out this tues. or next. wouldn't disney visa offer their code first as they did last year? for those of you who have used disney visa codes, did you receive them via the mail last year? i'm waiting by my mailbox as i'm hoping to go in early may & it appears the disney visa rate is less than the WDW room-only rate.

LSUDis
02-26-2005, 12:05 PM
I heard about the Disney code on tv first. The bad news is that the Disney code had already been released by this time last year. :guilty:

All of us with the Disney Visa are not really happy campers this year.

EEyorelover22
02-26-2005, 12:13 PM
I think those DV rates released last year were in reaction to the special deal they offered only to new card members and old card members were upset so they released something to keep people happy. Maybe we should all call asking where our deals are?

Ladyhawke10
02-26-2005, 12:24 PM
I've had this same experience attempting to call Disney Visa directly to ask about hotel discounts. The rep acted like she didn't know what I was talking about and that I had to call the hotel. The hotel said I had to call back Disney Visa. The only place I've found Visa discounts listed is on mousesavers (and through the Visa newsletter but it never had anything that applies to our vacation plans). I wish I could call Disney Visa directly about it but they don't seem to think they are the ones that would have that info! :earsboy:

TLinden16
02-26-2005, 12:28 PM
I look on the Disney Visa website regularly to find the deals. You can find it here. (http://online.firstusa.com/bolHome.aspx?partner=disney) You have to register for it. Just look for the drop down menu that includes "View current offers" and it will give you a listing of all the offers available at WDW, DL, DCL, Disney entertainment, and other offers.

Karen

LSUDis
02-26-2005, 01:30 PM
How about everyone with a Disney Visa email them and ask about vacation discounts?

Okay, I just did. Come on, everyone.

Karen (aka TLinden16),

I have seen your comments and photos about Jellyrolls, and I have become very curious about it. I am going to have to get over there and see for myself! Also, you look just like my boss!

csmommy
02-26-2005, 01:41 PM
How about everyone with a Disney Visa email them and ask about vacation discounts?

!

Great minds think alike, I e-mailed them yesterday. We shall see what happens.

mickeyluv
02-26-2005, 01:44 PM

Okay, I just did. Come on, everyone.

Yeah, I'm up for that!!! What is there e-mail address? If someone were to post it, it may speed other people along so that they will do the same thing!! It is way overdue for the Disney Visa to offer us a vacation discount to WDW. I mean, it is the "Disney" card isn't it!!! :rolleyes:

csmommy
02-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I'm up for that!!! What is there e-mail address? If someone were to post it, it may speed other people along so that they will do the same thing!! It is way overdue for the Disney Visa to offer us a vacation discount to WDW. I mean, it is the "Disney" card isn't it!!! :rolleyes:

http://cardservices.firstusa.com/index.jsp?page=/brands/ALL/exp_contact.html

:angel:

DisneyForLife
02-26-2005, 01:55 PM
Great idea!!! I will E-mail them right now. Let's hope they get the message.
:smooth:

brooke1
02-26-2005, 02:02 PM
E-mailed customer service on my end.
Brooke

EEyorelover22
02-26-2005, 02:05 PM
I sent one. Thanks for the link. I'm going regardless but a discount would be nice.

ducklite
02-26-2005, 02:07 PM
But you are e-mailing the wrong people!

Bank One doesn't create the discounts! That's all done through WDW marketing! Bank One is simply the cobranding conduit, they make their money on the interest and merchant fees, Disney gets a cut and provides "offers".

Anne

DisneyForLife
02-26-2005, 02:42 PM
I thought of that also but figure "maybe" if they get enough mail that they could get the ball rolling. One hand washes the other sort of thing. If marketing offers some discounts then bank one or first usa, whoever it is now will get their interest in return.
We can always hope for some pixie dust here. *******************

EEyorelover22
02-26-2005, 02:47 PM
It seemed to do the trick last year, but I don't know if people only wrote Bank One or both WDW and Bank One.

mickeyluv
02-26-2005, 03:06 PM
Just sent my e-mail also!! So come one DIS'ers, lets band together and get us some vacation discounts with the Disney Visa card!! :goodvibes

jjohnson
02-26-2005, 04:01 PM
I sent them one too! :flower:

sarahg311@hotmail.co
02-26-2005, 05:50 PM
I just e-mailed them. Hopefully something will come out of this.

Sarah :flower:

mrsbert
02-26-2005, 07:24 PM
I just e-mailed them too. Come on Disney Visa.....give us what we want. We're waiting... :hourglass

Selket
02-26-2005, 11:18 PM
Chase bought out the Disney Visa right? Seems like I got a letter about that this week...perhaps it doesn't change over until March? I thought maybe Chase would offer some codes to us poor long suffering DV card holders (perhaps waiting until the change over?) to get us to keep their silly card. :earboy2: There's been zero offers for WDW for a very looooooooong time now..........

john2u
02-26-2005, 11:34 PM
I just sent them an e-mail also - lets go !!!! - wooohooo!! :banana: :banana:

john :wave2:

fun & fancy free
02-27-2005, 07:10 AM
duclite is correct I emailed DV about 2 weeks ago they responded on 2/24 saying that Disney is responsible for all promotions and if I had any further question to contact them at Disney customer service or on-line at dissneystore.com. Go figure.

:wave: :wave2: princess: princess:

02-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Chase Bank is buying Bank One, so maybe that is why nobody knows what is going on? maybe Chase wont offer the discounts?

hmmmm.. :rolleyes:

EEyorelover22
02-27-2005, 09:49 AM
Last spring Disney said it was Bank One that decided and Bank One said it was Disney that decided who decided on the offers.

MaryKatesMom
02-27-2005, 10:27 AM
But you are e-mailing the wrong people!

Bank One doesn't create the discounts! That's all done through WDW marketing! Bank One is simply the cobranding conduit, they make their money on the interest and merchant fees, Disney gets a cut and provides "offers".

Anne

If less people are using the card then the Disney cut is diminished. Someone, somewhere must be asking "Why?" so how about we tell them why we aren't using the card.

ducklite
02-27-2005, 10:44 AM
If less people are using the card then the Disney cut is diminished. Someone, somewhere must be asking "Why?" so how about we tell them why we aren't using the card.

Do people only use the card when there's a promotion? I think most who carry it use it for anything they'd put on a card.

I put $109,586 and change through it last year. And never once looked at any of the promo's. I get my points, that's all I care about.

Edited to say it was $109,581 and change, sorry.

Anne

WDWBetsy
02-27-2005, 10:52 AM
To be fair, the Disney Visa is offering discounts at Disneyland, in addition to some other discounts. You can see current offers at the Disney Visa website.

While I would love to get a discount at WDW, I am using mine primarily for earning points for spending $ at WDW.

Again, they're only going to offer room/package discounts if they need to fill rooms.

csmommy
03-08-2005, 07:40 AM
DId anyone ever receive a reply?

EEyorelover22
03-08-2005, 07:53 AM
DId anyone ever receive a reply?

My response from Bank One was, contact Disney.
My response from Disney was, contact Bank One.

Just like last year.

nanatink
03-08-2005, 08:06 AM
So contact both. If mass mailings helped last time why not now. We want what we need right. We need discounts for DW. After all it is the largest of the theme parks.

EEyorelover22
03-08-2005, 08:09 AM
So contact both. If mass mailings helped last time why not now. We want what we need right. We need discounts for DW. After all it is the largest of the theme parks.

I did and those are the two responses that I received back.

jjohnson
03-08-2005, 08:11 AM
I received their response to my email this morning:

March 07, 2005

Dear Mrs. Joyce E. Johnson:

As your credit card company, we value your business. It is important to us that we
provide you with timely information regarding your account.

You will need to visit the Disney website at www.bankone.com/disney, view statement
inserts, mailings and the Disney Newsletter for possible Walt Disney World vacation
discounts. Disney decides what offers will be made. Bank One does not have information
regarding upcoming offers. We regret any inconvenience this may cause

If you have additional questions, please contact us through e-mail or call us at the
toll-free number noted below. For faster service, please sign in to your account to send
us a secured e-mail. We will be happy to assist you. For your convenience, we are
available 24 hours a day to serve your credit card needs.

Sincerely,

Dawn Stuhr
Cardmember Service Internet Support
1-877-717-7669

Blah...Blah...Blah...

DisneyForLife
03-08-2005, 09:14 AM
That is the same response letter I got. Just the same old standard letter. I also wrote to Disney, have not heard back from them yet. I expect the same response from them as well. I just think if they get enough inquirys they just may do something about it. It may not work but it can't hurt and doesn't take much time.
Let's keep it going!!!!!

missypie
03-08-2005, 10:27 AM
I just hate going to that Disney Visa web site and seeing "0 offers" for WDW. You'd think they'd be ashamed and at least offer something like 25 Disney Dollars if you pay for a package with the card, just so they could say there were special offers.

mickeyluv
03-08-2005, 12:38 PM
I got the same letter as jjohnson did. I have not contact Disney yet. Does anyone know the e-mail or address to send a complaint on matters such as this?? Let me know and I will most definitely be contact them also!!!

jjohnson
03-08-2005, 01:04 PM
I just hate going to that Disney Visa web site and seeing "0 offers" for WDW. You'd think they'd be ashamed and at least offer something like 25 Disney Dollars if you pay for a package with the card, just so they could say there were special offers.

I know exactly how you feel. I check that site every morning. It's such a letdown. :sad2:

IWANNAGOBACK!
03-08-2005, 01:26 PM
OK I just e-mailed too for me and my husband, I hope it works too since I need some incentive to keep this card besides a few disney dollars! :rolleyes1
I hope they hear us :listen: More snow on the way :cold: must go buy more icemelt! :p

LSUDis
03-08-2005, 07:08 PM
I got the same form letter from Disney Visa, too. You cannot tell me that they have NO input into the choice to offer incentives if both of their names are on the card.

EEyorelover22
03-08-2005, 07:36 PM
I got the same form letter from Disney Visa, too. You cannot tell me that they have NO input into the choice to offer incentives if both of their names are on the card.

I agree. Neither company wants to take "ownership" for the card and the deals. It seems very strange to me.

gigi1313
03-08-2005, 08:51 PM
DONE! thanks for the suggestion :)

patty1995
03-12-2006, 02:50 PM
i called the 800 # on the back of my disney visa card to ask about special room rates at disney world hotels & the customer rep. really didn't seem to know what i was talking about. w/ some more explanation on my part, she gave me some specials that they're having w/ vero beach, etc so i knew we were on the right track but then she ended up giving me a disney (407) # to call re: my question. i asked her the general question - how will i know about special promotions that you offer regarding hotel room rates? she said mailings. there's talk on this forum about public codes coming out this tues. or next. wouldn't disney visa offer their code first as they did last year? for those of you who have used disney visa codes, did you receive them via the mail last year? i'm waiting by my mailbox as i'm hoping to go in early may & it appears the disney visa rate is less than the WDW room-only rate.
After many calls the only discount was an upgrade for tickets after April 23rd
but if you booked through Disney same price the only advantage with card was 0 percent for 6 months if anyone knows of any other discounts please let me know.

Mrs.Prince
03-12-2006, 05:31 PM
This has nothing to do with what you guys are talking about but:

When I applied for the Disney Visa..It said that Chase was unable to reach a decision at this time, and they gave me a Bank Reference Number.

Are the odds pretty good that I've been approved???

patty1995
03-12-2006, 07:13 PM
I dont know unless you didnt fill out application completely they usually okay you immediately but you never know.
I found these codes for disney visa

Spring Disney Visa Offer - Book a Magic Your Way Package or Magic Your Way Package plus Dining and receive and receive FREE ticket upgrades. You'll receive Park Hopper and Water Park Fun & More Options on your Magic Your Way Theme Park Ticket. Requires a 3 night minimum stay and 10 nights maximum.

Discounts are available for Disney Visa card holders for check-in dates 04/23/06 – 06/03/06. Deposit must be made using your Disney Rewards® Visa® Card from Chase at the time of booking. Ask for code YUZ Magic Your Way or code YUY for Magic Your way with dining. The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Must be booked by 03/30/06.

kimmar067
03-12-2006, 07:27 PM
I dont know unless you didnt fill out application completely they usually okay you immediately but you never know.
I found these codes for disney visa

Spring Disney Visa Offer - Book a Magic Your Way Package or Magic Your Way Package plus Dining and receive and receive FREE ticket upgrades. You'll receive Park Hopper and Water Park Fun & More Options on your Magic Your Way Theme Park Ticket. Requires a 3 night minimum stay and 10 nights maximum.

Discounts are available for Disney Visa card holders for check-in dates 04/23/06 – 06/03/06. Deposit must be made using your Disney Rewards® Visa® Card from Chase at the time of booking. Ask for code YUZ Magic Your Way or code YUY for Magic Your way with dining. The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Must be booked by 03/30/06.

Sounds great, but will they offer any codes for July/August???!?!? : :confused:

teacher31
03-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Just subscribing so when something gets out I find out. Here's hoping it's soon!

SplashMom
03-12-2006, 08:13 PM
This is the same offer as the one for the general public. It was offered to Disney cardholders 2 days before it went public. It doesn't seem as if there will be anything more.

kimmar067
03-13-2006, 11:27 AM
....It was offered to Disney cardholders 2 days before it went public. It doesn't seem as if there will be anything more.

....darn:badpc:!