PDA

View Full Version : Disney College Program

grumpy101
02-24-2005, 08:54 AM
I was wondering if any one is doing the Disney college program because I am looking to work at Disney.

:goodvibes

SoonerKate
02-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Hey! There are a TON of alumni on this board, and a few people who have applied for the Fall 2005 program. If you do a search or even look at some of the more recent active topics in this forum, you'll find a bunch of great information. And of course, if you have any questions, you'll definitely get great answers.

TSR6
02-24-2005, 04:05 PM
I am an alumni of the College Program, and am also a Campus Represenative for the Milwaukee Area schools. :)

Angelgirl13202
02-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Iv done the Program 1 and a Half times (had to self term the last time) personal reasons.

jimmybop
02-24-2005, 11:29 PM
*waves* Anther alumni and campus rep here too :-)

strmtroopr96
02-25-2005, 12:39 AM
*waves* Anther alumni and campus rep here too :-)

Hi from another CP alumni! :wave2: It was one of the best expereiences of my life. This time 8 years ago, I was down there doing my stuff at the World of Disney. Now I'm freezing my butt of in Upstate New York. LOL :confused3

TSR6
02-25-2005, 01:51 AM
This time, last year, I found a poster on my dorm room door about the program, and had just started doing my research.

This year, I am the person putting the posters on the dorm room doors. :p

SoonerKate
02-25-2005, 06:38 AM
Isn't it great? I don't think they could possibly make those boxes of doorhangers any heavier.

(The great things about being a campus rep get even better once you're DONE with your LAST PRESENTATION EVER and you never have to deal with that awful pink styrofoam ever again...)

Rustyflwr3
02-27-2005, 11:30 PM
Hey, what if you are not able to make the presentation that you put on your application? Can you change it? How would you go about doing that?

Thanks!

teh fish
02-28-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm doing it right now.

TSR6
02-28-2005, 04:21 PM
:rotfl: I'm doing it right now.

I wish they were heavier...

We went through our doorhangers, and had them ship us more. We ended up going through all of those, plus the ones we had for another school ( we do presentations at 3 schools in the Milwaukee area ). We had to pop labels over the other school's name, but in the end, we had JUST enough. :rotfl:

SoonerKate
02-28-2005, 05:20 PM
Yeah, we went through 1500 this semester, all shipped in one box. That I could barely lift. (There was even a UPS tag on it noting that their people shouldn't try to lift it.) And I live in a 3rd floor apartment. The UPS man loves me now, I'm sure.

mickeyinjune
03-01-2005, 03:10 PM
This time, last year, I found a poster on my dorm room door about the program, and had just started doing my research.

This year, I am the person putting the posters on the dorm room doors. :p

How Can I get one of those posters for my daughter, she is just starting to look at colleges and programs. princess:

TSR6
03-01-2005, 08:06 PM
How Can I get one of those posters for my daughter, she is just starting to look at colleges and programs. princess:

The posters are really only for putting around campus, all it really says is "Magic. Money. Experience." then it has the Presentation location and time on it. It's an informational poster, directing them to the website ( disneycollegeprogram.com ) and to make everyone aware of when the Presentation is.

TSR6
03-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Yeah, we went through 1500 this semester, all shipped in one box. That I could barely lift. (There was even a UPS tag on it noting that their people shouldn't try to lift it.) And I live in a 3rd floor apartment. The UPS man loves me now, I'm sure.

Yeah, Our lead got that box, and distributed posters to the rest of us. :p

I only got the little box sending us more door hangers.

SoonerKate
03-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Lucky you! Our posters and rack cards were in different boxes. Those weren't fun to lift, either, but doable. :)

scillacc
03-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Hi,
My son is going to be there, from Savannah College of Art and Design, GO SCAD, anyhow, I wouldlove to visit him down there, can he get me any discounts on rooms?

What are some perks or benefits you kids get for working there?

Thanks!

TSR6
03-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Definately!

Your son would have to call the Cast Reservation line to make the reservation for you. I don't have the number off hand, but from his apartment phone, he can dial zero to be connected to the Disney operator. They can connect him to the Cast Reservation line.

He will also need to show up at the resort to confirm the reservations with his Disney Cast ID ( which he will receive when he goes through "Traditions" class ) within 10 days of the reservation arrival date.

Perks / Benefits:
Visiting the parks for free
discounts on merchandise, rooms, tickets, ect.
2 complimentary tickets for friends/family ( 1day park hoppers )
Meeting people from all around the world
Improving guest/customer service skills
Improving communication skills

I'm sure I could go on... :-p Be sure to visit wdwcollegeprogram.com and read under FAQ's. :)

txSleepingBeauty
03-05-2005, 10:04 PM
:wave: I worked at Splash Mountain in Merchandising last spring. had a blast!!

ajaznun
04-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Hey guys i am new to the boards and i going to apply to the college program, does any one have any information adn tips they can give to what i can expect. i would really appreciate it.

Joanna71985
04-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey guys i am new to the boards and i going to apply to the college program, does any one have any information adn tips they can give to what i can expect. i would really appreciate it.

That's awsome. Just one question myself- are you applying for Fall 2007? If so, I would apply ASAP, because they are getting full. For the interview, just be yourself. Make sure to smile, because they can tell. And just be honest. Good luck.

Joanna71985
04-28-2007, 12:01 PM
I was just accepted to my third CP. I will be down doing the Summer Alumni program doing custodial, and seasonal character attendant. May 16 to Aug 10.