PDA

View Full Version : anybody get the amtrak guest rewards credit card?

dtsaos
02-23-2005, 02:04 PM
Is it worth getting as far as earning free fares on amtrak? how many pts are needed & what does it get you etc? thanks!

:teacher:

goldcupmom
02-23-2005, 02:23 PM
Flyertalk.com has an Amtrak Guest Rewards forum - you might want to ask this there. I think they said there is a 2500 point offer if you get the card. I don't recall what value that really is, but I'm thinking maybe a coach, 1 zone ticket..

HTH

Ms. Belle
02-23-2005, 02:53 PM
I have an Amtrak guest rewards card and I don't recommend anyone getting it. The interest rate is really high and it is hard to use the points. When turning in points for Amtrak travel, they have alot of black-out dates. You can also turn in points for a Starwood property (Sheraton, Westin) voucher. OMG, what a pain! I finally threw the thing out. No one at Starwood knew what I was referring to, I always had to talk to a manager and usually there was no where I could use the voucher, even if I did find someone who could help me. I almost never use it anymore, only keep it on-hand just in case Amex isn't accepted.

dtsaos
02-23-2005, 03:58 PM
Wow! glad I asked first-don't want to bother with anew cc for no reason!

MdmMim
02-23-2005, 06:52 PM
I LOVE my Amtrak Guest Rewards card! :banana: I earn enough points in a year to qualify for a free one-way trip in a standard sleeper from NYC to Kissimmee (15,000 points). I earn 1 point for each dollar spent, but double points for all Amtrak travel. (I'd rather take the train than fly!)

For me, the Amtrak card is the only way to go!