PDA

View Full Version : I love ebay!!

remyandhollandsmommy
02-22-2005, 03:58 PM
I put 18 auctions up last week that ended last night and made 443.69!! That pays for two adult and one child Florida Resident 3-Day Play Passes!! I am trying to save as much as possible for our vacation and now that the WDW tickets are paid for I can concentrate on making enough to pay for Sea World and US/IOA tickets. I had to share my excitement with someone LOL!

G00fyDad
02-22-2005, 04:00 PM
:banana:

Cool.

:teeth:

Disneynutbsv
02-22-2005, 04:01 PM
That is so awesome! Thursday morning I'm going to put some items up for sale. I haven't sold anything since before Christmas.

Congrats on making all that $! :banana:

Savin4Disney
02-22-2005, 04:48 PM
Now that I finally have a digital camera. I will be putting a lot of my son's clothes on Ebay. Along with other things I know longer want or need. I think I might actually start doing that tonight.

Great job by the way!

disneysnowflake
02-22-2005, 06:41 PM
Woo hoo!! :cheer2: That's really great!!

You know, I posted last week about weird buyers I had back in Nov. that stopped me from listing. You advised me to block the lady's emails and block her as a bidder. I did that and decided to start listing again.

Last week I listed 2 items. One didn't sell, but that's okay. Tonight I listed 3 more auctions.

I'm so glad you're doing well on your auctions!! :flower:

hercamore
02-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Wow, that's amazing.

Was it clothing? I have a basement full of junk to get rid of.

herc.

disneychrista
02-22-2005, 09:42 PM
That's great. I have run out of things to sell for the most part. :(

remyandhollandsmommy
02-22-2005, 10:01 PM
disneysnowflake: I am glad you are taking a chance on ebay again and not letting that psycho chase you away! I recently had a NPB and for a minute thought of taking a break, but then decided against it. I am glad I continued selling now LOL!

I sell some childrens clothes, but my money makers are books. I usually do small lots (no more than 10 usually) and only sell hard to find (HTF) or out of print (OOP) books individually. I was surprised that the books went for as much as they did. One lot (6 books) I noticed on completed auctions was only going for 9.00 at the most. Mine went for 30.51!! I swear it is because I put a blurb about what the books ar about and I started shipping int'l. I learned you can ship books overseas in something called an m-bag and it makes it affordable for them to bid. From my auctions I have one package going to the UK and one to Canada. I want to start selling childrens clothing more, but will have to build my inventory first. Since we don't have too many thrifts or anything up here, I will be shopping like mad when we go to FL in July. LOL, I think I am almost as excited to hit the Goodwill as I am to go to WDW! How sad is that?!

Madi100
02-22-2005, 10:15 PM
Good job on the selling!!! I just listed some stuff too in hopes of earning some Disney money.

ptrbryant
02-22-2005, 10:54 PM
My auction for 8 lots of books (good DK publishing children's book lots, etc.) just ended and only one book sold for $3.99!!!! Gotta keep trying, though, if we want to do our Oct. trip!

Karla B. :sunny:

TheDuckMan
02-23-2005, 12:45 AM
Congrats on the extra cash there. What types of things do yall sell on ebay. I am looking around the house but cant find anything I could sell thats worth anything. My whole family (about 16 of us) are going to disney in October and some of us are trying to think of ways for us to earn a little extra cash to go toward the house we are looking at and need all the ideas we can come up with.

ptrbryant when in October are you going. My family will be there starting Oct 7th and leaving that next Friday or Saturday.

ptrbryant
02-23-2005, 09:26 AM
We'll be overlapping! We're going (hopefully!) Oct. 1 - 8, staying the 3-8 at WL and haven't decided where to stay for the first 2 nts.---either ASMo, POP or POR!

Karla B. :flower:

disneychrista
02-23-2005, 09:48 AM
The things you sell don't really have to be "worth anything." They just have been in good condition and something someone else wants. I have sold books, clothes, nicnaks, out grown toys and other "junk" lying around the house. Somethings that I thought would sell great didn't other things that I thought I would be lucky to get the 99 or $1.95 opening bid sold for much more. You really can never tell.

Colinsmom
02-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Good job!!! I had a good week on eBay, too, clearing $850. We've sold about $2300 so far this year on eBay and are well on our way to paying for a Disney vacation in early 2006!

G00fyDad
02-23-2005, 09:58 AM
I have an old record player that belonged to my Grandmother. It still works great and has a plastic dust guard on it. And an old Atari 2600 that still works great. And I have a ton of vinyl records that belonged to my dad. Mostly stuff like Pink Floyd and Foghat, Jimmy Hendrix, etc... Maybe I should try that stuff?

tickledtink
02-23-2005, 10:04 AM
GOOfydad: That Atari 2600 will for sure sell on Ebay. I've been watching them and they are going for at least $40 and $50. Good Luck.