PDA

View Full Version : Flying on Thanksgiving or day after?

dthogue
02-21-2005, 05:23 PM
We are planning on flying to MCO on either Thanksgiving Day or the Friday after. I know the Wednedsay before is always hectic, would it be better to fly on the holiday itself or the day after?

Thanks,
Tammy

goofy4tink
02-21-2005, 05:58 PM
We flew into MCO on Thanksgiving Day this past year. It was wonderful. The airfare was good, much better than any day just before it. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Only issue I have isn't with the air travel. The parks get really crowded for those days. But, I would still go but stay for the entire week after that. Then the airfare would still be pretty reasonable. We left the Wed after and it was still a decent rate.

Savin4Disney
02-21-2005, 10:34 PM
We are going Nov. 19-25. So we are flying home the day after Thanksgiving. We have a direct flight so I am not to worried.

I am hoping we have Sat-Wed without really bad park crowds. Although we can do MK two days.

CarolMN
02-22-2005, 09:29 AM
We've flown to MCO (from MSP) the Friday after Thanksgiving twice now. The airfare was so much cheaper than waiting until Saturday - the difference more than paid for the added car rental and room. Had no trouble getting through the airports.

Best wishes -

ktglads
02-22-2005, 07:01 PM
I've flown down the day after Thanksgiving the past 2 years. We had a direct flight on Southwest and it was a full flight down. We bought our tickets about 3 months in advance for about 175 r/t, which was a good deal for 2 direct flights.

I don't remember the airport being too busy, either at home or in Orlando. The flight home was really cheap and not at all busy. Very nice trip home.