PDA

View Full Version : May/June Codes watch....

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Tinkaroo
02-28-2005, 08:31 AM
Me, too - every little bit helps! Grasping at straws here!

IWANNAGOBACK!
02-28-2005, 08:59 AM
ME TOO! I'm planning to go 4/17-4/22 (I'm going the 15-22, but they say they
have no room available for AP 15&16th) :confused3

d76dots
02-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Could anyone tell me how the AP pass works? Do you need to visit WDW more than once a year to make it worth your wild?

We're looking for a family vacation in October and I want to start figuring out the details of it now!

I love planning Disney vacations! I think I missed my calling and should have been a Diseny vacation planner. I've planned Disney vacations for so many friends and given lots of advice...but I do need to get back there so I can update my advice! It's been too long since my last visit!

Any help would be appreciated! (and is it true that you need to click on the links of the Disney website in order to get codes mailed to you? I saw that comment on this thread and was wondering if that was the case).

Always looking for a good deal so my stay can be lengthened! :love:

kutchyone
02-28-2005, 10:44 AM
If you do get a positive reply to your e-mail please share the address with the rest of us.

Let us know one way or the other how it works out for you please.

Poohbear123
02-28-2005, 11:42 AM
I amost positive that Next Tuesday is THE DAY! However, I will still check in here everyday! Can you imagine what it would be like when we DO get a code? We will have NOTHING to look forward too....except our trip of course!

CBCit
02-28-2005, 12:07 PM
I tried that approach asking for codes and info on Disney Visa codes and both times recieved polite responses that resort discount programs were made available seasonally and at the discretion of the Walt Disney Company.They said such codes are not available to them(guest services,reservations,internet customer service) to forward to me,but that I should check newspapers,their web site,etc. for any new promotions. They then went on to say such promotions are limited and available on a first come,first serve basis,etc.

missypie
02-28-2005, 12:11 PM
I amost positive that Next Tuesday is THE DAY! However, I will still check in here everyday! Can you imagine what it would be like when we DO get a code? We will have NOTHING to look forward too....except our trip of course!

I have the same feeling...a CM said Tuesday...last year they came out on March 9th...next Tuesday is the 8th...if I were betting, that's what I'd bet on.

ILoveDisney-Angie
02-28-2005, 04:25 PM
Has anyone heard anything more about AP Codes today? I've been reading and re-reading my emails all day in anticipation of an email notification of codes coming out tomorrow. None yet! :sad2:

Blondiex46
02-28-2005, 06:04 PM
Me, too - every little bit helps! Grasping at straws here! ::MickeyMo :earsgirl:

me plz, still deciding what to do, thanks in advance. :rotfl:

debbiedoo
02-28-2005, 07:49 PM
I have the same feeling...a CM said Tuesday...last year they came out on March 9th...next Tuesday is the 8th...if I were betting, that's what I'd bet on.

I agree and I am ready to call!!

Eyore4Ever149
02-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Could anyone tell me how the AP pass works? Do you need to visit WDW more than once a year to make it worth your wild?

:

You only need one AP holder in your family in order to get room discounts. With the new MYW tickets you need to visit the parks 10 days to get your monies worth. HOWEVER, you need to also calculate and compare numbers of a room rate with code plus AP and tickets for other family members vrs without plus Disney Quest/Water Park/Pleasure Island (assuming you will want to go to one of those, the standard AP does not include them)

I hope that helps.

bethzfl
02-28-2005, 08:52 PM
I wish they'd come out already ;( Im doing some wishful thinking for tomorrow.

Poohbear123
02-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Hope they don't come out tomorrow, as I am leaving at 7:00am to go shopping!

CaipiraBob
03-01-2005, 04:59 AM
Alright. Y'a'll got me checking this thread every day for discounts. I feel like a shark waiting for the scent of blood to feed! Here's a BUMP and thanks for all the info you folks are contributing!

10 stages of a Disney vacation
1) Initial planning: "Maybe we'll go to...DISNEY!"
2) Making the reservation!: "We're GOING to DISNEY!"
3) Check for discounts: "NOT YET!"
4) Check for discounts: "NOT YET!"
5) Check for discounts: "NOT YET!"
6) Check for discounts: "NOT YET!"
7) Check for discounts: "NOT YET!"
8) Get the discount: "See! Now it's justified! We saved...$! Aw heck, it's for the CHILDREN..."
9) Go to DISNEY!
10) Return home. See #1

newholidayx2
03-01-2005, 05:05 AM
we skip # 1 - lol

Poohbear123
03-01-2005, 05:20 AM
Budget rental car savings....we're getting close people! ;) :rotfl: I guess it will be tomrrow or next week than. :confused3 Although its 6:00am, maybe I am too early. :guilty:

fun & fancy free
03-01-2005, 05:28 AM
If it was today somebody would have known by now. Wouldn't they? Mousesavers.com hasn't mentioned a thing and most DIS vets say she posts atleast a day before to let us know. Anyone is the know, could you enlighten us newbie code watchers. :flower:

:wave: :wave2: princess: princess:

EEyorelover22
03-01-2005, 05:32 AM
I don't remember there being anything up there last March on mousesavers, but maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

jns
03-01-2005, 05:37 AM
i am a PAP holder
i never get notice of any offers before hand. :confused3 just checked to see if they have all my details ,They Do !

:hourglass :hourglass :hourglass :hourglass :hourglass

Tess
03-01-2005, 06:37 AM
No APs beyond 4/16 today. . .false report--frankly, I'm leaning toward the release date being 3/8 based upon the release date last year. Then again, I recall them being released AFTER the expiration of the latest AP rate date, i.e., 4/16 in our present situation. I seem to remember folks waiting for AP rates for dates as early as 4/23 that year (two years ago perhaps?) and the release date was actually around 4/20! That was pushing it for anyone going late April/early May. I hope that's not the case this year.

The reservationist I spoke with indicated there was nothing pending AND that she typically received notice a "couple of days" in advance of the release date--she's received no information about release of late spring/early summer AP rates.

Guess we're still on hold folks! :rolleyes: :confused3

Goofy41
03-01-2005, 07:01 AM
Last year when I booked our trip around the same time this year the codes for the general public came out in March sometime. I used them to upgrade from value to moderate for $79 a nite. So we are hoping they are released soon. I already have my ressie for Pop Century and would keep this at the discounted rate instead of upgrading. This way we can plan a lot more extras this time around, add the meal package, or make ressies for lunch, dinner.

EsmeraldaX
03-01-2005, 07:19 AM
Well, I'm calling today to book anyway...I want to at least make sure we get a room...

What do you think I stand a better chance at getting a code for? Pop or ASM?

EsmeraldaX
03-01-2005, 07:34 AM
I would book whichever one is your first choice. When (or if) the codes come out, you can always switch to the other if no codes are available for the one you initially chose.

I've never done that...is it, for lack of a better term, a hassle to do that?

I'd rather stay at Pop (although I am being unfair to the All Stars and I shouldn't be...I've never stayed at one...I never stayed at a value before until Pop...and Pop turned out to be just fine...) but this is really just a quick trip so anywhere is fine. I just want to go! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

barbeml
03-01-2005, 07:34 AM
:sad:

EsmeraldaX
03-01-2005, 08:06 AM
It's not a hassle at all, especially if you book the trip yourself. You simply call Disney Reservations and tell them you need to switch. Easy as that.

I've stayed at both. Can't go wrong at either of them. If you stay at All Stars, go with the Movies. Best theming, and best food court.

Thanks. That's good to know about Movies. We would probably pick that first because of the theming definately. We're not big sports fans, so Sports would be our last pick.

But it's great to know about the food court. :) Thank you!

EsmeraldaX
03-01-2005, 08:16 AM
You're welcome - My pleasure.

Honestly, though I've stayed at both, and now chose Pop to stay at, if you've never stayed at All Star Movies, I think I'd recommend that actually. It's got a GREAT Disney feel to it. Bus service is really good as well.

Thanks. That's good to know...part of me is almost thinking, let's try that just to do something we have not done yet. :)

d76dots
03-01-2005, 08:37 AM
I've never done that...is it, for lack of a better term, a hassle to do that?

I'd rather stay at Pop (although I am being unfair to the All Stars and I shouldn't be...I've never stayed at one...I never stayed at a value before until Pop...and Pop turned out to be just fine...) but this is really just a quick trip so anywhere is fine. I just want to go!

Make sure you buy the insurance if you are planning on trying to change your reservations...ie. use the codes when they come out too! If you do not and your trip is closer than 45 days away, you get socked with a $200 cancellation fee! If you are playing the waiting game, it's best to get it.

Kitster
03-01-2005, 08:40 AM
Make sure you buy the insurance if you are planning on trying to change your reservations...ie. use the codes when they come out too! If you do not and your trip is closer than 45 days away, you get socked with a $200 cancellation fee! If you are playing the waiting game, it's best to get it.If you are making room-only reervations, you have until 5 days before check-in to cancel without penalty.

d76dots
03-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Sorry, didn't realize room only and packages were different. I got the package for my son and was told it was 45 days. I guess I just assumed it was the same for both...and I'm sure you all know what happens when you assume! :rolleyes1 I just wanted to try to save people some hassle! :love:

KMH1
03-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Thanks. That's good to know...part of me is almost thinking, let's try that just to do something we have not done yet. :)

That's the way we think about it too Sheri. And besides, you'll be in the parks more than your room! (that'll all change with babies :teeth: )

I'm code watching for a friend...thanks for all the updates everyone!

Amy :)

cjsmith
03-01-2005, 09:25 AM
I just hung up with Disney to make reservations for April 29th for 2 nights and she said that no codes are out but to simply keep checking back. I made the reservations for the Yacht Club and will just keep checking the website for an update for either Florida resident or AP holder.

I asked her about pins and codes tied to our name and she had no clue what I was talking about and even asked her supervisor about this. We spend on average 25 nights per year at the Yacht Club resort and I would think that after all this time I would have received a post card or something, but there's nothing.

tapatia
03-01-2005, 09:48 AM
[QUOTE=jovidan]It's not a hassle at all, especially if you book the trip yourself. You simply call Disney Reservations and tell them you need to switch. Easy as that.
QUOTE]

:confused3 I'm new to all this. Don't they charge a fee for changing your reservation? I was told they do by a travel agent, so I was holding out to to see if the codes I've heard so much about come out next week before booking. Then again, I don't want to be left out in the cold - should I make the reservation now? AAA can get me the same package for a little over $100 less than the Disney agent, so I'm stuck debating whether I should book with AAA to save $$ now, or book through Disney in the hopes of getting a better discount with a code later ... Planning a trip for June 9-14. I'm so lost! :confused: Any advice would be much appreciated!

BostonRob
03-01-2005, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=jovidan]It's not a hassle at all, especially if you book the trip yourself. You simply call Disney Reservations and tell them you need to switch. Easy as that.
QUOTE]

:confused3 I'm new to all this. Don't they charge a fee for changing your reservation? I was told they do by a travel agent, so I was holding out to to see if the codes I've heard so much about come out next week before booking. Then again, I don't want to be left out in the cold - should I make the reservation now? AAA can get me the same package for a little over $100 less than the Disney agent, so I'm stuck debating whether I should book with AAA to save $$ now, or book through Disney in the hopes of getting a better discount with a code later ... Planning a trip for June 9-14. I'm so lost! :confused: Any advice would be much appreciated!

Maybe your travel spent charges a fee, but Disney doesn't.

lmhall2000
03-01-2005, 09:58 AM
You will get charged a change fee IF....

You booked a package with tickets/and or dining and try to change it after the 45 day mark....it usually is $50-$100...it goes up the closer you get to the trip...I think the CM told me within 7 days of your trip you will be charged $200 to cancel or change.

For example, I booked a trip with a $200 deposit to be taken May 15-21...the 45 day mark is around April 1st....I have to pay my entire trip by that date and if I make any changes after that I get a change fee...

However, if you make a room only reservation and buy your tickets separately you can change your resort/dates as close in to 5 days before your trip...

Hope this helps you!
Tara

tapatia
03-01-2005, 09:59 AM
:goodvibes Wow! Thanks for the info! I am SO glad I checked here before booking with that agent. When it's time to book, f I decide not to go with AAA, I'll just call Disney directly!

cjsmith
03-01-2005, 10:20 AM
I just called back and got the weekend of April 15th under the Florida resident discount for the Yacht Club. I would rather wait until the 29th as it's regular season so the rate is better, but I really do hate to pay rack rate since we live so close and can be flexible.
This CM also said that they had no idea when or if the discounts would come out. She did say that the packages are selling so amazingly well that Disney may not release any discount codes if they don't have to. I know that the Florida resident discounts on the Disney Cruise Line were slim this past year compared to years past so I hope it's not a trend.

caitycaity
03-01-2005, 10:33 AM
As I've been told many times, the more time you spend there, the less likely you are to receive any special discounts or pin numbers. I spent 17 days at Disney last year, 8 so far this year, another 12 scheduled for May - I've never received a postcard either.

i don't know how true that is. from 5/01-12/02 we were there 7 weeks and we got several postcards from 1/02-12/02. recently we haven't been since 8/03 and we haven't gotten any.

EsmeraldaX
03-01-2005, 10:57 AM
As I've been told many times, the more time you spend there, the less likely you are to receive any special discounts or pin numbers. I spent 17 days at Disney last year, 8 so far this year, another 12 scheduled for May - I've never received a postcard either.

Interesting...I spent 16 days there last year and I never get any postcards...

I got one once, sent to my house, but in my brothers (who does not live with me) name so they told me I could not use it and oops wasn't that too bad they made a mistake...maybe I'd get a real postcard some other time. I was furious. :confused3 Oh well. They lost a little $$ because I would have booked an extra long weekend trip if I'd been able to use it. Instead, the code went to waste and I didn't spend an extra long weekend there (where I would have undoubtedly bought food, souveniers and such...

Drizzo67
03-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Keep on waiting, keep on waiting.... :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

bytheblood
03-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Don't forget to watch your newspapers. My in-laws got a value room for $49 a night from the newspaper.

missypie
03-01-2005, 12:40 PM
I had a very brief glimmer of excitement last night. I got the mail and saw the Disney logo on a postcard. It was a Disney Visa offer for Disneyland in California.

kutchyone
03-01-2005, 01:37 PM
I had a very brief glimmer of excitement last night. I got the mail and saw the Disney logo on a postcard. It was a Disney Visa offer for Disneyland in California.
That would have really p#$$%d me off!

barbeml
03-01-2005, 01:50 PM
I got an email postcard a month or so ago, but it was for DisneyLAND. :badpc:

Cindie-rella
03-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Well, Disney had better come out with some AP rates soon! I ended up buying our AP's (1 each for me & my DH ) because I guess I was somewhat "misinformed" by a Disney CM. :listen: :rolley I was told that I would get an Annual Passholder discount if I had an AP ! :rolleyes: Sooooo....being new to all this and before I found the DIS I went ahead to a Disney store an hour from my home and purchased 2 AP's . :banana: Yay!, I thought I did good! Just after the purchase I find out I may or may-not get a discount depending on availability :confused3 What's that mean ?! But, but the CM said..... :guilty: :sad2:
Bottom line here is...Please train these "CM"'s to "know " their job! I have read on so many threads how 1 CM says one thing another says another thing! I have had this happen to me when I have called more than once with a certain question.Come on already!!! Give these CM's some I-N-F-O-R-M-A-T-I-O-N !!!!! Have a trained and informative CM stay with the new one's until they know the answers to our questions! And if by chance they "don't" know the answer to a question...DON'T make an answer up ! Go to a supervisor or Cm that does have a correct answer !!!
Someone told me I cannot get a refund for my AP's even if I haven't activated them ?! I will call the store where I purchased them to find out. If I don't get the AP discount then we may have to cancel our entire stay. :sad: It is paid in full and has been for some time, including our airfare. But something has come up that has put us in a predicament that I will need the savings we would get with the AP's to be our spending money at WDW during our stay, And if we don't get the discount we may have to cancel altogether. I may end up losing my airfare but at least I will get over $4000 back from our room and AP's. :sad2: This just has me so aggravated hearing there may "not" be discounts or I may only get a discount for a few nights. I just wish I had talked to a CM who knew what the heck she was talking about! I would have gone thru a local TA but I thought who would know more about helping me plan a Disney Vacation better than calling "Disney" itself ???!!!! Right? :mad: :mad:

I don't understand why Disney has to charge such outlandish rates to begin with. Bring down the rates and stop putting all the people thru this unnecessary madness and you know you can fill your resorts and parks all the time if you cut resort prices by a substanial amount!!! :crazy2: ::yes::

missypie
03-01-2005, 02:40 PM
I'm so sorry you relied on bad information. I've gotten quite a bit of it frmo the folks at CRO, but I get my GOOD info on the DIS! :goodvibes

cstraub
03-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Well, Disney had better come out with some AP rates soon! I ended up buying our AP's (1 each for me & my DH ) because I guess I was somewhat "misinformed" by a Disney CM. :listen: :rolley I was told that I would get an Annual Passholder discount if I had an AP ! :rolleyes: Sooooo....being new to all this and before I found the DIS I went ahead to a Disney store an hour from my home and purchased 2 AP's . :banana: Yay!, I thought I did good! Just after the purchase I find out I may or may-not get a discount depending on availability :confused3 What's that mean ?! But, but the CM said..... :guilty: :sad2:
Bottom line here is...Please train these "CM"'s to "know " their job! I have read on so many threads how 1 CM says one thing another says another thing! I have had this happen to me when I have called more than once with a certain question.Come on already!!! Give these CM's some I-N-F-O-R-M-A-T-I-O-N !!!!! Have a trained and informative CM stay with the new one's until they know the answers to our questions! And if by chance they "don't" know the answer to a question...DON'T make an answer up ! Go to a supervisor or Cm that does have a correct answer !!!
Someone told me I cannot get a refund for my AP's even if I haven't activated them ?! I will call the store where I purchased them to find out. If I don't get the AP discount then we may have to cancel our entire stay. :sad: It is paid in full and has been for some time, including our airfare. But something has come up that has put us in a predicament that I will need the savings we would get with the AP's to be our spending money at WDW during our stay, And if we don't get the discount we may have to cancel altogether. I may end up losing my airfare but at least I will get over $4000 back from our room and AP's. :sad2: This just has me so aggravated hearing there may "not" be discounts or I may only get a discount for a few nights. I just wish I had talked to a CM who knew what the heck she was talking about! I would have gone thru a local TA but I thought who would know more about helping me plan a Disney Vacation better than calling "Disney" itself ???!!!! Right? :mad: :mad:

I don't understand why Disney has to charge such outlandish rates to begin with. Bring down the rates and stop putting all the people thru this unnecessary madness and you know you can fill your resorts and parks all the time if you cut resort prices by a substanial amount!!! :crazy2: ::yes::

This past Christmas we had ressie's at CR. When we planned our trip we were banking on coming down the day after our ressie's began since it was paid in full. After literally talking to 10 or more CM and getting 10 different answers as to whether or not we could do that I asked to fiinally speak to a hire up. She told us that we had to check in on the actual day to reserve our rate although we had been told otherwise several times. My DD had to change his plane ticket and go down on Christmas day leaving me to take the rest of the gang, my parents and 3 kids, down to WDW by myself!! It all worked out but I was not happy about all the different answers I got especailly on how very important it was that I got the correct info. It really does :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 perplex me as to how you can get so many different answers and no one can be made accountable for the wrong information!!

EsmeraldaX
03-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Well, I just booked. Pop Century. $84 a night with AAA discount for May 18th - May 23rd.

Maybe AP rates will come out between now and then. The CM I talked to told me sometime between March and April... :rolleyes:

d76dots
03-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Ok, I need some help here. :scratchin Am I understanding correctly that only one member of the family needs an AP in order to be able to get the AP discount/code (and as always, if the room is available)? :idea:

Another question about the AP....if a discount becomes available, are there a limited number of days it can be used? I guess I'm getting mixed up with some of the info that's been posted on the board. :confused:

And now one final question....does anyone know if you get a code with a PIN attached is it usually a better deal than just a plain code? :confused3

As you can tell, I'm new to all of this "code" stuff and I'm getting confused! :headache:

Thanks for all the help! :worship: :flower1:

c&ldisneylovers
03-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Only one person needs an AP to get an AP rate.

You can use the AP rate as many times as you want. There has been occasions where there were blackout dates for AP rates. However, last Thanksgiving, I was able to get a room at BWI with an AP rate during a "blackout" period.

lillygator
03-01-2005, 05:50 PM

There are probably more people that visit and pay full price for everything that those of us scouring the net for savings.....Disney doesn't have a problem bringing us in.

bytheblood
03-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Ok, I need some help here. :scratchin Am I understanding correctly that only one member of the family needs an AP in order to be able to get the AP discount/code (and as always, if the room is available)? :idea:

Another question about the AP....if a discount becomes available, are there a limited number of days it can be used? I guess I'm getting mixed up with some of the info that's been posted on the board. :confused:

And now one final question....does anyone know if you get a code with a PIN attached is it usually a better deal than just a plain code? :confused3

As you can tell, I'm new to all of this "code" stuff and I'm getting confused! :headache:

Per my last inquiry with CRO, the AP has to be in the name of the person booking the room.

What I mean is - you cannot get an AP for your child and get the AP rate.

bytheblood
03-01-2005, 05:59 PM

I would have to agree...it is because they can and people will pay them.

Poohbear123
03-01-2005, 06:03 PM
:guilty: However, its for Feb. 28-March 23 and April 3-April 16! :sad2: Nothing for May or June yet, got this thru Disney E-mail. I believe its a code already in use. :confused3

Momto8
03-01-2005, 06:59 PM

Usually the code with a PIN is a better deal than general codes for everyone. It is usually the same as the AP discount with the general codes slightly higher.

CBCit
03-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Why do you think they are sending us (Floridians)this code so late in the game,its been around since 12/31? Does it mean we will not be seeing any new codes for a long time? On a happier note,perhaps this is their last try to book the remaining rooms under the old code,just prior to releasing the new one? Am I seriously grasping at straws here? I really can't wait for this waiting game to be over,although I will probably be checking for codes the morning I leave for our May 1oth trip!

CBCit
03-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Why do you think they are sending us (Floridians)this code so late in the game,its been around since 12/31? Does it mean we will not be seeing any new codes for a long time? On a happier note,perhaps this is their last try to book the remaining rooms under the old code,just prior to releasing the new one? Am I seriously grasping at straws here? I really can't wait for this waiting game to be over,although I will probably be checking for codes the morning I leave for our May 10th trip!

DMRick
03-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Per my last inquiry with CRO, the AP has to be in the name of the person booking the room.

What I mean is - you cannot get an AP for your child and get the AP rate.
Someone within the past month or so posted an official reply from guest services saying that is incorrect. I had also writen to ask and was told it could be a child's AP as long as they were present (I actually just got a survery card from them in today's mail about that very email I had sent). I don't have it on the computer anymore or I would post it...but since someone else did before, I saw no reason too. The CM's who book our rooms are not always correct in this type of answer, better to ask via email to guest services for official policy.

Disneyfun1
03-01-2005, 08:34 PM
I just got off the phone with reservations so i could add on the disneys magical express transport, and at the end of my call, i asked if AP rates were out yet for our resort. She said not yet, but maybe soon, maybe even this week she said. i dont know if thats a hint, but ill definately be checking.

DisneyWisher
03-01-2005, 09:58 PM
I just got off the phone with reservations so i could add on the disneys magical express transport, and at the end of my call, i asked if AP rates were out yet for our resort. She said not yet, but maybe soon, maybe even this week she said. i dont know if thats a hint, but ill definately be checking.
I was told by a CM that when more than usual CMs are scheduled to work, they know that codes will be coming out soon.

weluvpluto
03-01-2005, 10:10 PM
I was told by a CM that when more than usual CMs are scheduled to work, they know that codes will be coming out soon.

So when are more CMs scheduled to work :goodvibes :earboy2:

Hopefully soon... :wizard:

luvthatduke
03-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Since so many questions are being asked about AP's,
I just wanted to repeat something that may be
important (& unknown?) info to some people:

While the AP rate may be offered for your time frame,
it is quite possible that the rate will NOT come up
as "available" in CRO's computers for your length of stay,
especially if you're staying for longer than 6 or 7 nights.
You may have to split your ressie when the codes come out,
in order to get the discount,
& the discount may only be for part of your stay.
When you call CRO with your code (whether it's AP, Public, AAA, etc.),
& you're told that it's not "available" for your ressie,
ask the CM to simply start whittling down the dates
until it DOES (ok, maybe) become "available."
You will then have to split your ressie,
(you will have to decide whether or not it's worth it for the discount).

MHO is that the discounts have been worth the
slight hassle of splitting ressies at the same resort.
Most people who've posted about that have been
able to stay in the same room for their entire stay.
Just make sure if you do split it at the same resort
that CRO notes your info with "Continuing Reservation."
And remind Guest Services when you check in, also, just in case.

I discovered this first-hand & wanted to make
sure someone didn't call for a code & give up
when being told "not available" for their ressie.

fun & fancy free
03-02-2005, 05:14 AM
luvthatduke, that happened to us w/our AAA ressies. I twas not available for May 7 but was for 8-14. So we did just that split our ressie. There are some really good tips on these boards and it makes me laugh at how we all try to make sense on how the codes are released. :rotfl: Like I said before I have a love/hate relationship w/these codes. :rolleyes:

EEyorelover22
03-02-2005, 05:50 AM
luvthatduke, Thanks for the reminder! It's hard to keep all the info straight when I call CRO. I hope I get someone who knows something when I call. I remember last March some CMs said the rates weren't out when people called and they were and then had to wait in the long line of calls again!

EEyorelover22
03-02-2005, 06:11 AM
3/2 Nothing beyond April.

Mady/Sophiemom
03-02-2005, 06:20 AM
3/2 Nothing beyond April.

I'm assuming nothing beyond April 16th?? I'm trying for the last week in April ::MickeyMo

Shells9
03-02-2005, 06:46 AM
Thanks to everyone who has been calling and updating!

EEyorelover22
03-02-2005, 07:00 AM
I'm assuming nothing beyond April 16th?? I'm trying for the last week in April ::MickeyMo

Yes...couldn't remember the date they went out to.

luvthatduke
03-02-2005, 07:54 AM
fun & fancy free/EEyoreLover22:

Life does get interesting when planning
a WDW vacation, doesn't it?
Gotta love the DIS for all the ins & outs,
what would we do without it?

Ok everybody, deep breath, exhale, deep breath, exhale
- now, all together:
Bring out the Codes! Bring out the Codes!
(inspired by Monty Python).

missypie
03-02-2005, 09:22 AM
Wonder how "flexible" I'll be if a code is not available for my resort at my dates? I'm doing a YC/CR split...I've always thought I would be willing to switch the order of the resorts, but now that I've made half of my PS...hmmm...

littleprincessmom
03-02-2005, 10:45 AM
Bump!!!! :flower:

Poohbear123
03-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Acccckkkk! Nothing yet? Accckkkkkk!

csmommy
03-02-2005, 01:06 PM
<sigh> :sad2:

4orm
03-02-2005, 01:13 PM
I'm dying for them. If they aren't out by the end of next week I'll just take it that we wont be getting discount. (but that wont stop me from checking the DIS every hour!)

fun & fancy free
03-02-2005, 01:18 PM
I agreed w/DH and booked the WL. I was hoping for a code(too much$$$$) for me. My Dh says he wants to stay there regardless of a code or not. I too would love to stay there but I would love it a heck of alot more with a code. Oh well, we still have time. Let's go codes!

AmyTags
03-02-2005, 01:37 PM
fun & fancy free....I also booked the WL in hopes that a code would come out. I told dh I was not staying there (although I really want to stay there) if we could not get a discount. He told me today no matter what we are staying there. Yikes!!! I can't believe I may end up spending that much money on a hotel room. :)

tinkerbee
03-02-2005, 03:02 PM
Nothing yet!?!? This is driving me nuts. I only need two nights but I don't want to pay rack rate. :scared1:

christianweecare
03-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Bumping up to the first page.

fun & fancy free
03-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Amytag, how funny :rotfl: both our Dh's are willing to spend that kind of $ on a room we won't be in that much1 :confused3 Maybe they were twins separated at birth :rotfl2:

nanatink
03-03-2005, 06:03 AM
No codes. And the wait goes on. No visa, no general public codes, no ap codes.

EEyorelover22
03-03-2005, 06:04 AM
thanks for the update :)

cstraub
03-03-2005, 06:08 AM
It's really getting on my nerves that I can't plan anything for sure yet in June. I was really hoping to try out BB or GF. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. That's not something I very good at doing- waiting!! :bored:

RoyalCinderella
03-03-2005, 06:10 AM
"My" CM this morning said "No codes out yet, what I would recommend is that you check back on Sunday." Hmmm.

DisneyLisa
03-03-2005, 06:13 AM
We'll be in WDW on Sunday...I was really hoping they'd be out before we leave on Saturday. Does anyone know if you can have the resort connect you to the CRO or do you have to make a regular (.75) call each time?

weluvpluto
03-03-2005, 06:21 AM
We'll be in WDW on Sunday...I was really hoping they'd be out before we leave on Saturday. Does anyone know if you can have the resort connect you to the CRO or do you have to make a regular (.75) call each time?

It won't cost you .75 cents, there is a direct line, I think it's just one of the option buttons on your actual phone (there will be one for Disney Dining, recreation, etc) If not call the front desk and ask them to connect you :wave:

DisneyLisa
03-03-2005, 06:24 AM
Thanks. :)

EsmeraldaX
03-03-2005, 07:07 AM
Looks like I'll be setting my alarm for Sunday...

03-03-2005, 07:16 AM
some have said sunday, some tuesday,

still NO teaser from MOUSESAVERS though, that is what I am watching for. :rolleyes1

LauraAnn630
03-03-2005, 07:54 AM
Still waiting.....and working OT! Last year we received a post card this time...keeping fingers crossed!
Has anyone ever called to get the discount with a code and been told there are no longer room avalible with this code? It looks like a lot of us are waiting for the same code!

kutchyone
03-03-2005, 08:20 AM
It can happen but it better not happen to me! :mad:

Buzz2001
03-03-2005, 08:46 AM
Has anyone ever called to get the discount with a code and been told there are no longer room avalible with this code? It looks like a lot of us are waiting for the same code! They only reserve som many rooms at each resort with codes so it is a possibility.

maggie mfg
03-03-2005, 10:13 AM
Last year for our trip in April I called the day the codes came out, but not until the afternoon. I was not able to obtain an AP code for our stay at the WL. I called back repeatedly for a month to no avail. We did get our AAA discount. I already have an AP rate for our next trip this April because we're checking in prior to 4/17. If we get a better rate for after 4/17, GREAT! If not, I'm grateful for what we have considering all the calling I did last year. Maggie

EsmeraldaX
03-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Has anyone ever called to get the discount with a code and been told there are no longer room avalible with this code? It looks like a lot of us are waiting for the same code!

It's more likely that you won't get a code than that you will...

justhat
03-03-2005, 11:10 AM
We called to get the AP rate for our trip last December 3-7 and could not get a room anywhere on property. Well, okay, that's not true, they did have the presidential suite at BWI and I think a 2 bedroom villa at BCV or OKW. We were looking for a value resort, any of them, or even a moderate. We ended up getting a AAA rate at ASMu, so we took that. (We got someone else's bill in ours when we checked out and my husband saw they had the AP rate and was so mad we had to pay more!) Of course, this was booking the trip about a month before, maybe a bit less (spur of the moment idea). But with the way these codes are going, they may not come out till about a month before our April trip (we're arrive the 18th) so I'm hoping we're not in the same situation. We do have a postcard rate for AKL and CR, but the CR rate is not very good so we're hoping AP rates are better. We're guessing the AKL rate will stay the same.

Other than that trip, we've never had a problem, and that includes booking a NYE trip in November and getting the AP rate the last 4 nights at GF-lagoon view (dates were 1/1-1/4/03). So I think if that was doable, then hopefully these codes won't be a problem.

mamapajama
03-03-2005, 11:13 AM
It's more likely that you won't get a code than that you will...

Wow, that's bleak! There's gonna be alot of brokenhearted Dis-ers! :sad1:

Elise

missypie
03-03-2005, 11:18 AM

Elise

Then we'll all have to cheer each other up by reminding ourselves of all the other ways the DISBoards have helped us save money. For example, I cruised over to the Transportation Board yesterday and learned about codes that saved me $102 on my rental car. I found out as soon as the AAA rates were available, so I've saved $256 on my room, even if I don't get another code.

EsmeraldaX
03-03-2005, 11:45 AM

Elise

Not bleak, realistic.

They only have a certain number of rooms allotted for AP discounts at each resort. Unless you are very flexible about where you will stay and when you will go, your chances of getting an AP rate are not that high when you consider how many people want the AP rates.

For this trip of mine in May, I can not be flexible with the dates. The airfare was free and it has to be booked by March 15th. I'm going to book it tomorrow actually. Once that's set, my dates are set. I'm not going to take a hit on airfare I did not even pay for.

I am planning on NOT getting an AP rate. I'd love one, but at this point, it seems like the resorts are filling up pretty well without them.

Poohbear123
03-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Next Week Maybe???

EsmeraldaX
03-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Next Week Maybe???

We can only hope...

hauntedcity
03-03-2005, 01:20 PM
This is the third time I've been waiting to use AP rates, and each time, the DIS boards seem to follow the same pattern.

1. The thread starts out young and naive, eagerly awaiting the imminent release of codes. :goodvibes

2. By page 15 or 20, some folks start getting frantic, but the majority of poster realize we're still months away from a code. :hyper:

3. By page 40, fear begins to set in. People are convince that even if codes come out, there won't be enough! :scared:

4. By page 55, the hysteria has taken root! Disney already has too many bookings! Codes aren't coming out! :eek:

5. At some point, we're going to hit page 90, and all bets are off. Seas boil, mountians tremble, vacations are cancelled or resort expectations are downgraded to value, or even (dare I mention it) off-site. :confused3 :headache:

6. Magically, one morning... CODES ARE RELEASED! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: The boards light up with happy posters! Some poor saps aren't able to get into their preferred resort in time, but they at least have the option of selecting a different resort, if they choose.

7. Code Day + 1. Relieved reservation-holders bash their computers with a hammer and vow never to go through this again. :badpc:

All I'm saying is, don't worry until you have something to worry about! Or, as my dad would say, I'll give you something to cry about! :teeth:

To any other Code-Veterans -- does that sound about right? :p

Doug

cstraub
03-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Just walked in from some shopping and found a new email from disneyworld@vacation.disneyworld.com. I thought it was going to be a code!! No such luck- it was an advertisment for a contest to partake in a celebration May 4th for the new stunt show. Boo hoo!!

I do want to say that I think you have a great shot at getting an AP rate if you can be a little flexible about where and when you stay. Last year at this time we were gettting ready for our first WDW vacation over spring break 2004. We did not get home until after April 3rd. I called a few weeks after getting home and asked out of curiosity what kind of AP rate I could get if I had an AP. We were ther in early June. I got AKL for $132 pool view a night and the CR garden view for $140ish or so. When I was given these rates I booked them and got the AP when I got down there before checking in.
I have also said before to try Expedia- it ususally is reflective of General Public codes. The most recent code I have for CBR came out while I was in WDW for CHristmas. By the time I got home and figured out there was a code I was able to get one even then!
Honestly I am not worried at all. I have tried for codes since this summer 3 times and have gotten each one by being flexible with my resort choice and dates. I must have called for June in May sometime and still got the rates below with no effort!

WL- Woods view $199 (Expedia) March 26- April 3 2004 PEAK
CR- garden view/lake $140 (AP Disney Travel) June 2004
AKL- pool view $132 (AP Disney Travel) June 2004
CR- garden view $158 (Expedia) Dec 25, 2004- Jan 3, 2005 HOLIDAY
CBR- King room $139 (AP Disney Travel) March 20-March 30 PEAK

Good luck- no need to panic just be flexible!

Tess
This is the third time I've been waiting to use AP rates, and each time, the DIS boards seem to follow the same pattern.

1. The thread starts out young and naive, eagerly awaiting the imminent release of codes. :goodvibes

2. By page 15 or 20, some folks start getting frantic, but the majority of poster realize we're still months away from a code. :hyper:

3. By page 40, fear begins to set in. People are convince that even if codes come out, there won't be enough! :scared:

4. By page 55, the hysteria has taken root! Disney already has too many bookings! Codes aren't coming out! :eek:

5. At some point, we're going to hit page 90, and all bets are off. Seas boil, mountians tremble, vacations are cancelled or resort expectations are downgraded to value, or even (dare I mention it) off-site. :confused3 :headache:

6. Magically, one morning... CODES ARE RELEASED! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: The boards light up with happy posters! Some poor saps aren't able to get into their preferred resort in time, but they at least have the option of selecting a different resort, if they choose.

7. Code Day + 1. Relieved reservation-holders bash their computers with a hammer and vow never to go through this again. :badpc:

All I'm saying is, don't worry until you have something to worry about! Or, as my dad would say, I'll give you something to cry about! :teeth:

Doug

I've been around the boards since 1997--sounds almost exactly right to me! How'd you get so smart since you've only been around a couple of years? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: ;)

goodferry
LOL hauntedcity!
Don't forget...
8. Code Day +2. The next code watch begins again!

DisOrBust
03-03-2005, 01:36 PM
You are right on the money!! I have watched and waited for AP rate for 5 years now and they have always come out. True there was a september that was somehow "skipped" and the occasional black out dates. Yes you may not get your first choice, ie STD view at WL but "something " is usually available.

Yes you need to call ASAP when their out. Watch the boards it is posted here first usually before mouse savers.

I usually plan on several sanarios in order to have my bases covered. Last Thanks Giving we did a 3 resort stay in order to use AP rates .

Good Luck all...it will happen soon!!!

Sue
(ps Room only codes are another matter...)

ninaeve
03-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Is the number to call about codes the same number that is on our reservation confirmation? (407) 939-7429
Do they have an 800 number? How long is the wait until you get a real person on the morning codes come out?
I am assuming that when people say start calling at 6:45am, that they mean Florida(eastern time zone) time?

TIA for the help.

K.
April 17-24 CSR

missypie
03-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Is the number to call about codes the same number that is on our reservation confirmation? (407) 939-7429
Do they have an 800 number? How long is the wait until you get a real person on the morning codes come out?
I am assuming that when people say start calling at 6:45am, that they mean Florida(eastern time zone) time?

TIA for the help.

K.
April 17-24 CSR

Does ANYBODY know how to bypass the welcoming message? Pressing 0 doesn't do it. I can't come up with a way around it.

d76dots
03-03-2005, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE]Sue
(ps Room only codes are another matter...)[QUOTE]

What do you mean that room only codes are another matter? Are there codes that are different for those?

Is it usually better to book a package or room only and then get tickets?

All my stays I tried for the best rates, but never knew of the codes. We were always flexible and managed to get good deals (didnt know at the time it might have been the codes).

Actually our stay at Contemporary was a fluke! We were down for a one night stay and needed someplace to stay and figured we'd stay around the monorail to make things easier. My DH went in to see if there were rooms available and there was a huge line. I went to the house phone and called the hotel direct to see if there were openings. I told them that we were driving in as we speak and would be calling each hotel for the best rate and this was our first choice, but we were not "married" to it. The CM asked me what price range we were looking for and what room. I told him I'd like to stay in the tower if possible but didn't want to spend more than $100 for the night because it was only one night. He said they could do it for $102 so I told him we'd take it! :banana: I gave him the information and said we'd be there within half an hour. I went up to DH and told him what I got and he was excited about it too. :cool1: Sometimes you just never know what they can do. You talk to different people on the phone and everyone is different. :rotfl: :confused3

Good luck!

d76dots
03-03-2005, 02:21 PM
I called a few weeks after getting home and asked out of curiosity what kind of AP rate I could get if I had an AP. We were ther in early June. I got AKL for $132 pool view a night and the CR garden view for $140ish or so. When I was given these rates I booked them and got the AP when I got down there before checking in.

So what you are saying is that you can actually book a room at the AP rate without actually having the AP and you can purchase the AP when you get down there?

Is there not a code or number on your AP ticket/pass that you have to give them when making your ressie?

Trying to earn my ears here! ::MinnieMo

cstraub
03-03-2005, 03:06 PM
So what you are saying is that you can actually book a room at the AP rate without actually having the AP and you can purchase the AP when you get down there?

Is there not a code or number on your AP ticket/pass that you have to give them when making your ressie?

Trying to earn my ears here! ::MinnieMo

That's how I did it! You can reserve up to three rooms with one pass!

cstraub
03-03-2005, 03:09 PM
:wizard: :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

hauntedcity
03-03-2005, 03:31 PM
I've been around the boards since 1997--sounds almost exactly right to me! How'd you get so smart since you've only been around a couple of years? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: ;)

Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars. :mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar

I kid you not. It's like brains on a stick. Wait... that didn't sound right.

Doug

luvthatduke
03-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars. :mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar

I kid you not. It's like brains on a stick. Wait... that didn't sound right.

Doug

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

fun & fancy free
03-03-2005, 05:42 PM
hauntedcity, I don't know about anyone else but you seem to know me pretty well. :rotfl: Seeing your such a guru when do you predict that the codes will come out. :listen:

Poohbear123
03-03-2005, 05:59 PM
I believe this is the first year I have been on "code watch" usually I check into this board, and find codes already OUT! So, maybe I should drop by a little less often.......NOT!!! I am enjoying every bit of this, as I too, KNOW a code will be OUT!!

EEyorelover22
03-03-2005, 06:07 PM
To go along with what hauntedcity posted...last Feb/March everyone thought that there would be no codes due to the Disney Visa deal. There was panic!! That post really made my day. :banana:

And, then, there was the statement that CRO wouldn't release codes until we reached a certain page on the resort code thread. I don't remember if this one is longer than last year's or not.

dkrause716
03-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Last year the codes runing from April 16 to July 4 came out on March 9. The next round for July 5 on (what I am waiitng for!! :) Came out on May 5.

Here is a link for dates and types of discounts. I don't think you have much longer to wait!!

Pixie dust!!

http://www.mousesavers.com/faq.html#codetrends

pixie08
03-03-2005, 07:23 PM
makes sense dkrause..the statistics speak the facts!! the codes should be here soon.

SleepingUgly
03-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Thanks to EEyorelover22's invite to me to join this thread, now I'm freaking out about threads with the rest of you! :teeth: And I just read that link re: history of when codes were issued, and I'm hoping, along with the rest of you, that we see something either this week or next!!! The sooner the better!!!

I have ressies at POP for 3 nights and AKL for 5 nights. I have several options if codes come out: 1) Stay with same ressies and save money; 2) Upgrade to AKL for all 8 nights; 3) Upgrade to AKL savannah-view for all 8 nights. That will be one tough decision I will be happy to have to make, haha.

Linda :banana:

hauntedcity
03-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Anyone else feelin' March 8? Perhaps the 15?

I currently have AAA rates for a standard room at AKL, and I really hope to move up to a savannah room with an AP code.

BuckNaked
03-03-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm thinking 8 March, and I'm making myself available for the long phone call. :earsgirl:

bytheblood
03-03-2005, 09:16 PM
Just walked in from some shopping and found a new email from disneyworld@vacation.disneyworld.com.

Sorry you had to suffer through "THE BIG TEASE" - When I got my email code, it was from Your Disney Vacation Planner. It was thanking me for ordering my vacation planning video and offered me a code. I got the one you received first, then I got the one I mentioned above.

Good Luck - maybe you will get a follow-up! :teeth:

Tinkaroo
03-03-2005, 09:35 PM
My TA made the comment today that she doesn't think general codes are coming - maybe AP, but that might be unlikely, too. BOO!!!

Come on codes, prove her wrong!!!! :goodvibes

EEyorelover22
03-03-2005, 09:37 PM
Thanks to EEyorelover22's invite to me to join this thread, now I'm freaking out about threads with the rest of you! :teeth: And I just read that link re: history of when codes were issued, and I'm hoping, along with the rest of you, that we see something either this week or next!!! The sooner the better!!!

I have ressies at POP for 3 nights and AKL for 5 nights. I have several options if codes come out: 1) Stay with same ressies and save money; 2) Upgrade to AKL for all 8 nights; 3) Upgrade to AKL savannah-view for all 8 nights. That will be one tough decision I will be happy to have to make, haha.

Linda :banana:

Welcome! I will know I am a total case when I get up every hour during the night to check for codes :rolleyes: Thank goodness CRO closes and isn't open 24 hours or I might.

EEyorelover22
03-03-2005, 09:42 PM
My TA made the comment today that she doesn't think general codes are coming - maybe AP, but that might be unlikely, too. BOO!!!

Come on codes, prove her wrong!!!! :goodvibes

That's just not any fun at all!! If there are no codes, I say we all go at the same time and storm the offices where they decide upon codes. It's the same place where they read disboards and laugh at all of us going blind from being on disboards for so long waiting for the codes.

disneymom57
03-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Just called to inquire about codes and was told there was a code attached to my name -- that it was good til April but she would find out if they would accept it. After holding for several minutes, she came back and said that they would honor the code and I was able to book CSR for $79 in June!!! I received a post card several months ago, but it was only good for Mon - Fri stays and I was thrilled to find out that this code was available!! After 13 stays, I finally got a good deal! So you never know, keep calling and you just might find they have a code in their computer for you!!

Mr.MouseFan
03-03-2005, 11:22 PM
You know how everytime a Star Wars movie comes out there's the inevitable news story about how some guy got in line for the movie before the movie was even finished production? Well, if there could be a line of us standing out in front of the Disney offices, we'd be on the news too. :3dglasses

DznyDreams
03-04-2005, 12:01 AM
You know how everytime a Star Wars movie comes out there's the inevitable news story about how some guy got in line for the movie before the movie was even finished production? Well, if there could be a line of us standing out in front of the Disney offices, we'd be on the news too. :3dglasses

And I suppose that if we WERE all standing in line in front of the Disney offices, you'd probably try to cut in front of us all, wouldn't cha, Mr.MouseFan!?!? ;) ;) ;) :rotfl2: (Don't cha just love those tag fairies....they ruin a good name for life! LOL) :)

kutchyone
03-04-2005, 05:42 AM
Just called to inquire about codes and was told there was a code attached to my name -- that it was good til April but she would find out if they would accept it. After holding for several minutes, she came back and said that they would honor the code and I was able to book CSR for $79 in June!!! I received a post card several months ago, but it was only good for Mon - Fri stays and I was thrilled to find out that this code was available!! After 13 stays, I finally got a good deal! So you never know, keep calling and you just might find they have a code in their computer for you!!

I hate you, just kidding! Congratulations, your wait is over. One less person for the rest of us to compete against for the discounts when they are released. Already have our reservation for CSR in June and would be happy with a rate just near $100 per night.

Please keep your fingers crossed for the rest of us.

EEyorelover22
03-04-2005, 06:04 AM
Nothing beyond 4/16. I asked about general public codes too and the answer for AP and general codes: "any day now". He indicated 3-4 weeks before the current ones expire.

nanatink
03-04-2005, 06:04 AM
Friday. No codes today.

fun & fancy free
03-04-2005, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the update. Back to reality. I have to have a cup of coffee. :smooth:

jns
03-04-2005, 06:12 AM
thanks for letting us know

some one said Sunday . have disney ever give out codes at the weekend before
and are codes just relest first thing in the morning

nanatink
03-04-2005, 06:29 AM
When I posted earlier I was in such a hurry to get the word out about no codes today; I would like to tell you a little about our conversation. I had a wonderful cm. She was saying she thought today would be the day. She said they didn't know until they received it (the codes) on the screen.

The wait continues. But I'm making a lot of new friends, EEyorelover22, fun & fancy free, and jns and a multitude (sp) of others. Would be nice if we could meet sometime at Disney. But you know, we probably have, just didn't know who you were. I've had a lot of people stare at all my green ribbons, but never said a word.

dcibrando
03-04-2005, 06:36 AM
WOW... well if today is the day it'll make me have a GREAT weekend!! :)

EsmeraldaX
03-04-2005, 06:51 AM
I hope today is the day....

nanatink
03-04-2005, 07:14 AM
The cm I talked to and posted about earlier, was thinking today would be the day she probably was saying that so she was hoping today would be the day. They are probably just as eager to let the magic begin as we are.

Princess Dot
03-04-2005, 07:22 AM
I know that codes have been released on a weekend before and I seem to recall one year that they were released mid day! Really, I remember checking the DIS early in the day and they were not out, but then some time after 11 or so people were able to book them. But that was when the CMs were telling us that the rates were "pending" or in the computer but not officially "released". So far, I have not heard of any CMs saying that, just to "keep calling."

I thought it was funny that a CM would encourage me to call every day, as she said that first thing in the morning they are "slammed" with calls asking about codes, AP rates, etc. Again I was told that she thought they should have been out already (AP rates) so she thought they should be out any day. She also said they have no advance notice of the discounts. She said the supervisors will tell them in the morning when they come in if the AP rates are out.

Lets keep hoping!

SleepingUgly
03-04-2005, 08:12 AM
I really am surprised at how helpful the CM was when I called yesterday to inquire about codes (my first time)! I told her I was just calling about codes and I'm sorry if I was being a bother, and she was appalled that I thought I was being a "bother." She was very helpful, and even though the ressies were made under my name, she offered to look under my husband's name as well. Nothing. Oh well. But at least she was helpful and didn't make me feel all weasley for calling and trying to get a good deal.

Linda

DAWGPOUNDAJ
03-04-2005, 08:14 AM
I talked to a few of my friend who work at Disney now last night, and they mentioned that if codes come out for May that the EARLIEST they would come out would be mid-March, and even that would seem a bit early to them. They were actually trying to find out for some of their family members as well but they are banking on late March for May codes. Of course they have only been working there as FT employees for less than a year, so are not completely sure, but thats what their bosses and them think.

dcibrando
03-04-2005, 08:17 AM
anyone else call this morning

Mady/Sophiemom
03-04-2005, 08:18 AM
I agree, that most of the CM are very helpful. Most are so eager to help find a deal for us.

But I have to share- The one I spoke with this morning, said she had "no idea" what I meant by codes.???!!!???

I just made my payment, and moved on. My trip is now completely paid, though. YEAH!!!

EsmeraldaX
03-04-2005, 08:26 AM
But I have to share- The one I spoke with this morning, said she had "no idea" what I meant by codes.???!!!???

When I made my reservation the other day the girl I talked to also had no idea what I was talking about and the sad part is, I honestly think she really did not...

Poohbear123
03-04-2005, 12:22 PM
:wave2: :rolleyes1 :confused3 :hourglass :p

fun & fancy free
03-04-2005, 12:41 PM
nanatink, I would be happy to say hello if I noticed some lime green. I just started looking last May trip but who knows we might end up sharing a boat on "It's a small world". :goodvibes I love these boards and I liked what jovidan said about PS's. I see you at Pecos Bill's. :earsgirl: Hey let's look on the bright side. Atleast we are planning a trip to WDW.

Daisy'sMom
03-04-2005, 01:04 PM
:eek:

fun & fancy free
03-04-2005, 01:16 PM
That's just not right! If it comes to that do the following. let her fall asleep. Then roll her out of the bed onto one of those luggage carts and place her in a dark quiet corner outside of your room. :teeth: What? That's not mean. You do what you gotta do. You know what I'm talking about. :rotfl: :rotfl:

chatty
03-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Pay the $500.00... Stay with option #1..
But I truly believe that the discounts will come out. I call this Disney Drama.. They have to instill the "maybe no discount fear" Have a Great Honeymoon!
chatty

justhat
03-04-2005, 02:13 PM
I don't know if this is an option or not, but could you add on an extra day at a time as you get the money? If you already have airfare or whatever, then I guess it's not an option, but if not then maybe you could add on a day at a time and if necessary shorten the honeymoon by a few days. I know that's not ideal, but if you really don't want to share a room with your MIL.... Good luck!

ETA: We brought my mom on our honeymoon cause we also brought along our then 3 month old daughter. My mom did stay in her own room though, and was just there to babysit for a few dinners. As it turned out, they both ended up coming with us to every meal but 1 for various unforseeable reasons (luau cancelled due to rain when we arrived, so we all ate at Yachtsman together; lightning storm when we had a PS at Bistro so we ate in the resort with mom and baby, etc.). We still had a great time, and my mom even came into the parks with us sometime, but I would not have wanted her in our room, just too much togetherness for us. Just wanted to add that cause I've sorta done that, just not all of us in the 1 room.

EsmeraldaX
03-04-2005, 03:22 PM
2.Spending the last 5 nights of my honeymoon in the same room as my mother in law. :sad2:

:earseek:

ninaeve
03-04-2005, 05:28 PM
True - Only problem is, if discounts rates don't come out, I have one of 2 options:

1.Coming up with an additional $500 for the last 5 nights at Pop.
2.Spending the last 5 nights of my honeymoon in the same room as my mother in law. :sad2:

Yikes!

Hoping for some codes for us both.

K.

Poohbear123
03-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Priceless! :rotfl: Have a nice Honeymoon, codes WILL be out!! :cool1:

Minnie1156
03-04-2005, 08:34 PM
I talked to CM last night. She said no general public codes. The $1500 family deal is it.
I booked with Triple A and saved about $100. CM also said that the AAA price is close to the price you get with the postcards and you can not use both.

I am so happy I booked. I think air prices will be going up because of the gas increases. :banana: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :cool1:

EEyorelover22
03-04-2005, 08:44 PM
That's a different story than what I heard. The CM today said they didn't know for sure one way or the other.

DVCconvert
03-04-2005, 08:45 PM
I do OK, but my fiance doesn't make a lot of $. I'm footing the entire bill on my own, and it's been tough. I sent down enough money for 7 nights so far. I'm paying for the wedding, plus all of our spending money.

I don't want to sound crash, but just what is DF contributing? Was there any discussion about waiting for a honeymoon?? With all due respect (and without intending any bad puns) it seems to me you're getting shafted in this deal. Starting a newly married life with a ton of debt will not help the ong term survival of the marriage regardless as to the 'love' involved.

Nik's Mom
03-04-2005, 09:04 PM
I don't want to sound crash, but just what is DF contributing? Was there any discussion about waiting for a honeymoon?? With all due respect (and without intending any bad puns) it seems to me you're getting shafted in this deal. Starting a newly married life with a ton of debt will not help the ong term survival of the marriage regardless as to the 'love' involved.

Maybe her husband is going to school. In my case, I worked full time while my DH worked part time when we first got married because he was completing his degree (I already had mine). It was hard, but we managed. Now he is a successful engineer and I'm a stay-at-home Mom :teeth: . We're happily married for almost 9 years (and counting).
Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Darn you, codes! Come out already! I want to stay at AKL or WL! Please! :sunny:
O.k. I feel better now that I got the begging out of the way! :)

ninaeve
03-04-2005, 10:31 PM
:rolleyes1

Mr.MouseFan
03-04-2005, 10:47 PM
And I suppose that if we WERE all standing in line in front of the Disney offices, you'd probably try to cut in front of us all, wouldn't cha, Mr.MouseFan!?!? ;) ;) ;) :rotfl2: (Don't cha just love those tag fairies....they ruin a good name for life! LOL) :)

Ouch! Ya got me there! LOL darned tag fairies!! (gotta love 'em!) :teeth:

DMRick
03-04-2005, 11:08 PM
CM also said that the AAA price is close to the price you get with the postcards

I've certainly not found that. I've booked AAA and gotten a postcard and found a lot of difference (postcards are similar to AP's, which are more discount than general codes). However, postcards are hard to get, so AAA is better than no discount.

fun & fancy free
03-05-2005, 05:53 AM

I too started my Marriage making the $ while my DH was in school. We had a big wedding and a great honeymoon. It took some time to catch up but it was all worth it. Besides now I am a stay at home mom for my 2 DD's and my Dh gets up at 4am every day for work. This is a partnership and sacrafices need to be made by everyone. Sometimes these sacrafices are made at different stages in the relationship but I is all with the common goal in mind. A happy family. :love:

Also remember $ can't buy happiness but special times and memories ARE happiness

Sorry I got off topic.

I too am hoping for codes to help us all have more memories. :blush:

lovethattink
03-05-2005, 06:08 AM
I went ahead and made my reservations without a code. Unless a code comes out, I'm paying more per night at All Star Music than I did 4th of July weekend last year at POR. OUCH!

fun & fancy free
03-05-2005, 06:11 AM
Anyone call this morning????? I am sooo anxious.

maleficent_man
03-05-2005, 06:15 AM
I'm can't believe how much this is getting to me!!! :rotfl:

I'm looking for a reservation for ASMo from 10-18 June - it is likely that I would get it for that long?

Thanks for everyone who is keeping us up to date!

jiggerj
03-05-2005, 06:28 AM
I called DT this am (mar 5) and no codes and no ap rates. But he did tell me that there is a "space" for where the AP rate will be put into the computer. He doubts tomarrow as the people that actually put the ap code in wont be around tomarrow! 2 days ago I called and was told to call back on Sunday. Im just gonna keep calling every morning till it happens!

chatty
03-05-2005, 06:29 AM
Just called March 5th.05 Saturday at 7:20am and told SORRY I have no idea when they will come out.?
Chatty :confused3

maleficent_man
03-05-2005, 06:31 AM
I'm convinced it will be Tuesday 8 March. Wasn't it 9 March last year that they were released?

scorp111
03-05-2005, 06:33 AM
I'm convinced it will be Tuesday 8 March. Wasn't it 9 March last year that they were released?

Yes, AP codes for the time frame were released on Mar 9th

maleficent_man
03-05-2005, 06:35 AM
I suspect they'll keep it much the same - I guess I'll be making a call on Tuesday night, if not before!! What's the best number to phone?

I also need to order my AP for my trip - can I do it at the same time?

Thanks

Nick

CBCit
03-05-2005, 06:57 AM
This morning a very apologetic CM got to tell me no Fl resident rates yet.This one went on to say they have no idea when or if new codes are released until the morning they actually happen and then went on to tell me what GUESTS have told her about codes being released on March 9th last year,etc.I am now really convinced that the CMs in reservations really don't know any more then we do on this topic and the ones who say call Sunday or Tuesday,or good codes,or no codes,etc, just feel like they have to say something!

Jalva22
03-05-2005, 07:00 AM
It looks like AP & general public codes were both released on 3/9 last year according to mousesavers.

EsmeraldaX
03-05-2005, 08:01 AM
I was up today early so I called. Nothing yet. CM acted like she did not know what I was even talking about...

westjones
03-05-2005, 08:11 AM
Maybe her husband is going to school. In my case, I worked full time while my DH worked part time when we first got married because he was completing his degree (I already had mine). It was hard, but we managed. Now he is a successful engineer and I'm a stay-at-home Mom :teeth: . We're happily married for almost 9 years (and counting).

That was use what we did too! I worked full time while DH got his PhD. Now I am a stay at home mom (and love it) while he works. We are celebrating our 23rd anniversary this year. :goodvibes

DJ

And as for codes.....PLEASE come out by Tuesday! I really want to get past the resort decision and move on to the PS decisions!!! :mickeybar

cobbler
03-05-2005, 08:19 AM
I am not waiting for codes but I will share. I called CRO today to make a payment for my October trip and she said that they were still waiting for codes for the end of April to come out.

She said she gets calls asking and would love to help but they haven't given them out yet. So they are anxiously awaiting too.

3princesses&amouse
03-05-2005, 08:22 AM
My dw called last night and was told by a CM no AP discount out yet but she did tell her the FL rate became available tue. march 1 for dates after april 16. I assume this is misinformation since I see nothing of this on the DIS. Has anyone else been told this or are we the only ones getting bad info. :confused3 Hope codes will be released soon leaving april 22 through may 5, and a code would save us $$ to use elsewhere in disney. princess: princess: princess: ::MickeyMo

cjsmith
03-05-2005, 09:13 AM
My dw called last night and was told by a CM no AP discount out yet but she did tell her the FL rate became available tue. march 1 for dates after april 16. I assume this is misinformation since I see nothing of this on the DIS. Has anyone else been told this or are we the only ones getting bad info. :confused3 Hope codes will be released soon leaving april 22 through may 5, and a code would save us $$ to use elsewhere in disney. princess: princess: princess: ::MickeyMo

The Florida resident discounts through April 16 have been out longer than that since I already have a room under them starting the 15th of April.

kutchyone
03-05-2005, 09:27 AM
The Florida resident discounts through April 16 have been out longer than that since I already have a room under them starting the 15th of April.
She said AFTER April 16th.

I think that may be some good news if it's true, the general room only discount codes and AP's should not be far behind.

josh74
03-05-2005, 09:59 AM
Would be great to save some $, although I booked CBR@$126/night and thought that was a good deal! Crossing my fingers for discount codes. Will be there Jun24-Jul3. Yeah!

mamapajama
03-05-2005, 10:20 AM
She said AFTER April 16th.

I think that may be some good news if it's true, the general room only discount codes and AP's should not be far behind.

Does any one know if this true? I have a Fl license and could use the FL resident discount.

Thanks
Elise

EEyorelover22
03-05-2005, 10:26 AM
I looked on the website and it's still listed only till 4/16 for FL residents. Can't hurt to call. I know last year when AP rates came out on 3/9 some were told on the phone that they weren't out yet and they were.

mamapajama
03-05-2005, 10:32 AM
I looked on the website and it's still listed only till 4/16 for FL residents. Can't hurt to call. I know last year when AP rates came out on 3/9 some were told on the phone that they weren't out yet and they were.

Just called and they said not yet.

11:32 am ET

rtjcbrown
03-05-2005, 11:03 AM
:sad2: I just got my Sunday Paper here in NJ (Star Ledger) and the travel section has NO Disney Ads or discount codes :confused3 Sorry

Southern4sure
03-05-2005, 11:08 AM
What is the FL discount up to April 16Th

PatrickBDunlap
03-05-2005, 11:12 AM

We had originally been booked at POFQ for 4/21-24, but because we had to change one of our other ressies for that time frame, we decided to book POFQ for 4/15-18. When I called, we were able to get the AP rate of $104 per night because the reservation starts on 4/15. That is why you were able to get the FL resident rate, not because there are any discounts yet past 4/16. I am actually glad it worked out this way, because now I don't have to worry and do the code watch, although I am still looking; we have a ressie for AsMu for 4/20 (just so we can do EMH's at MK), and I wouldn't mind getting a better rate on that, seeing how we aren't even going to be sleeping there. Crazy, but I couldn't pass up the EMH- I love MK at night.

montblanc
03-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Hi,

I am going in July (already have reservations) and am ordering the annual pass voucher today on the Internet. Is it too early to start a codes watch for this time?

I thought we were notified by email but it seems like it goes by word of mouth. My other question was about qualifying for the rate, do you just make the call and then present the annual pass when you check in (after upgrading the voucher at the desk?)?

Thanks....

Liz
03-05-2005, 12:27 PM
When (or if) codes come out is it best to call CRO and make a new reservation then tell them you already have an existing reservation to cancel? Or do you go in like you are trying to modify an existing reservation?

Just want to be prepared. I can't remember how I've done it in the past.

Thanks!

A Mickeyfan
03-05-2005, 12:52 PM
When (or if) codes come out is it best to call CRO and make a new reservation then tell them you already have an existing reservation to cancel? Or do you go in like you are trying to modify an existing reservation?

Thanks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have just put my deposit down on my May 30th trip, with no codes. When I spoke to the CM this morning, she was't sure when they would be out either. She said just to keep checking and when they are we can switch it to the lower rate...NOW...that is what this CM has said, others will tell you that you cannot change it, you will have to cancel & make a new ressie. So, to be on the safe side, I would see if they can switch the existing & if not, then make a new one & cancel the old one. I have called where they just added the code to it & lowerd my rate before. It really depends on the CM you get.

caitycaity
03-05-2005, 01:46 PM

Thanks!
we've always had it applied to our existing room reservation.

mouse1928
03-05-2005, 01:57 PM
My other question was about qualifying for the rate, do you just make the call and then present the annual pass when you check in (after upgrading the voucher at the desk?)?

Thanks....

Technically, you must present an activated AP at check in. The voucher is activated when you exchange it at one of the parks for an actual AP. However, there's a good chance you won't even be asked to show the AP at check in. I've never been asked to show an AP. But, if they ask, you'd better have it ...or you've stood in line for nothing.

cjsmith
03-05-2005, 02:00 PM
we've always had it applied to our existing room reservation.

Same here, I have always changed my existing reservation to the discounted rate when it comes out, even when I lived in NY years ago and had only the AP discount. I even do this with the Disney cruise line. I had my cruise paid in full and they released Florida resident rates for my January 04 cruise, DCL refunded the money to my American Express!

Mady/Sophiemom
03-05-2005, 02:13 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have just put my deposit down on my May 30th trip, with no codes. When I spoke to the CM this morning, she was't sure when they would be out either. She said just to keep checking and when they are we can switch it to the lower rate...NOW...that is what this CM has said, others will tell you that you cannot change it, you will have to cancel & make a new ressie. So, to be on the safe side, I would see if they can switch the existing & if not, then make a new one & cancel the old one. I have called where they just added the code to it & lowerd my rate before. It really depends on the CM you get.

It just drives me crazy, that you get different answers :confused3 . I had the same thing happen when I asked about the change/ vs cancelation fee. One CM, said $60 to chnge, one said $50, to change, and another said I would have to cancel, and start over, which is $100. I was very careful to ask the same ??

What is even more frustrating, is when the CM, is so sure that they are right, that they won't even check. If it wasn't for these boards, I wouldn't realize how wrong the CMs can be. Kind of makes me sad, for all the people who overpay, because of CMs that aren't trying to take the time to help them, get the best deals.

OK, that's my rant for today. I worked last night, and am sleep deprived, so please forgive me. :p

MrsJ Henry
03-05-2005, 02:20 PM
grrrrr this is the first I have heard that I may have to cancel and get a new ressie or may be charged to switch to the AP discount. We just got our AP's so this will be the first time i have used an AP code (if they ever get here)
Last Nov we got a postcard rate. We have ressies right now at AKL and i was really hoping for a nice AP code. Oh well... time will tell..........................

BuckNaked
03-05-2005, 02:41 PM
grrrrr this is the first I have heard that I may have to cancel and get a new ressie or may be charged to switch to the AP discount. We just got our AP's so this will be the first time i have used an AP code (if they ever get here)
Last Nov we got a postcard rate. We have ressies right now at AKL and i was really hoping for a nice AP code. Oh well... time will tell..........................

I've changed to AP codes and FL resident codes a number of times, and I've never been charged. If the reservation is room only and not a package, I don't believe there is any kind of charge for changing.

Tinkaroo
03-05-2005, 03:10 PM
Yes, as long as it's a room only discount, you're not charged for changing (or for canceling, as long as your over 6 days out from your ressie).

montblanc
03-05-2005, 03:50 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. There may a problem with me activating the annual pass, I will be arriving quite late at the hotel after a 14 hour drive and the parks may not be open, hence I won't e able to activate the annual pass until the following morning....

cstraub
03-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. There may a problem with me activating the annual pass, I will be arriving quite late at the hotel after a 14 hour drive and the parks may not be open, hence I won't e able to activate the annual pass until the following morning....

That does sound tricky. Whatever you do don't rely on a CM to tell you if you will be able to get the AP rate or not. I would ask to speak to a guest services person. You may be put on hold but it's worth the wait. I also recomend getting the guest service person's name and note day and time of call. I would also suggest emailing customer service online at Disney.com. This way if they say you can still get the AP rate w/o actually having the pass in hand it will be documented and you can print it out and bring it along on your trip for check in. I would take no chances as you will be made to pay full rate otherwise.
Hope this helps! :goodvibes

montblanc
03-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Sorry, one more questions for you experts out there...

The way the annual pass works is you do it at the counter when you arrive at the hotel and just get your rate changed to the AP rate? I thought you had to do it advance and it would require a room change as well (I requested a specific building).

Thanks...

mamapajama
03-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Sorry, one more questions for you experts out there...

The way the annual pass works is you do it at the counter when you arrive at the hotel and just get your rate changed to the AP rate? I thought you had to do it advance and it would require a room change as well (I requested a specific building).

Thanks...

No you need to have the rate booked in advance. There are only a certain number of rooms at the dsicounted rate. It is not like show your AP and get X% off. You do not, however, need to have the AP when you make your ressie. You just need to have it if they ask for it at check-in. Also, do not count on getting a building you requested because that cannot always be accomodated. We asked for Aruba at CBR & got Jamaica. Sometimes an AP rate may be available for only part of your stay. If the AP rate is good for the end part of your dates then you might have to make 2 separate reservations & thus possibly have to switch rooms. But I don't think that happens too often.

Elise

caitycaity
03-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Technically, you must present an activated AP at check in.

i have checked in using a voucher before. it was late - after the parks were closed. the same thing is going to happen to us this year, so they better accept the voucher!

bytheblood
03-05-2005, 05:21 PM

Thanks!

Have it applied to your existing reservation.

d76dots
03-05-2005, 05:30 PM
I think I'm learning, I think I'm learning!!!! :banana: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Please correct me if I'm wrong. It seems from reading these boards that the best thing to do when going to WDW is to try to get your room with the AP codes or some other code (when they come out! :rolleyes1 ) and make sure not to purchase a package so that if you do book, before the codes, it will be easier to change them once the codes come out. Not only that, does it pay to get the insurance too, just to cover yourself for last minute changes?

An added note: As stated above...make sure to get the names of everyone you talk to and get those confirmation numbers written down! I got my sons resssie changed because there was a PIN attached to my name (never received my postcard in the mail so had to go through guest services...45 minute wait on the phone :hourglass :rolleyes1 ....but it paid off! :cheer2: ); however, once he got down there they did not have him in the computer! Everything was repeated to me with the new rates and ressies, but in the computer once he got down there it stated he was due to arrive on March 27th not Feb 27th! :rotfl2: :sad2:

Thank goodness I had all the info printed out for him and he "learned from the best" and ended up with a closer room to the front for all of his "inconvience" of having to wait around another 45 minutes to an hour while they cleared up the mess. They even gave a voucher for $20 in the food court to boot! :love:

I have a long wait for codes for my date..not until October...but hope you all get a pleasant surprise on Monday! :teleport: :teleport: :flower1: :flower1: :jumping1:

Disney Spaz
03-05-2005, 05:39 PM
I can only speak of travel insurance and I highly reccommend it. Christmas 2002 DH, 2 DS's and myself all got the Norwalk virus and were down for several days. The insuracne paid for everything including adding days to our trip to make up for those we lost, paying for special food since it was a stomach illness and all medications and hospital bills.

d76dots
03-05-2005, 05:56 PM
I can only speak of travel insurance and I highly reccommend it. Christmas 2002 DH, 2 DS's and myself all got the Norwalk virus and were down for several days. The insuracne paid for everything including adding days to our trip to make up for those we lost, paying for special food since it was a stomach illness and all medications and hospital bills.

So did you get this virus while you were in Disney or did you get it before you went? Just curious...never heard of the virus either!

I was just thinking the insurance covered you if you had to cancel or change your ressies!

caitycaity
03-05-2005, 06:04 PM
never heard of the virus either!

it's a 24 hour stomach flu. i had it here at home last year and it was MISERABLE. i ended up having to go to the er because i was so dehydrated.

BuckNaked
03-05-2005, 06:13 PM
it's a 24 hour stomach flu. i had it here at home last year and it was MISERABLE. i ended up having to go to the er because i was so dehydrated.

And wasn't it the Norwalk virus that spread through the cruise ships, and caused the cancellation of a Disney cruise a couple of years ago?

momshark
03-05-2005, 07:17 PM
jiggerj
What good would it do for you to keep calling every morning if you don't have the secret code?? Would the CM give it to you? I'm just wondering if I actually have to get up early to get the paper. ;)
I hate to see you wasting your time by calling, being told that yes the codes are out, but you can't have a reduced rate because you don't know the code. :guilty:
That would be a huge bummer!!

Lollipop Mom
03-05-2005, 07:22 PM

Personally, the two times I had AP rates booked, I wasn't actually asked to show my AP (did have one, so I wasn't trying to get around the system or anything) but I've heard they are trying to crack down on this. We have good friends who were in this situation where they checked in late and had a voucher only. They were asked to show their AP. They showed the voucher and guest services told them that they would need to stop by the desk and show the activated AP at some point during their stay or they could be charged rack rates at check out. They just stopped by the desk the next day and flashed the AP and didn't have any problems.

ken skellington
03-06-2005, 03:19 AM
I was just wondering if should check the Sunday paper for codes - and if so, where - the travel section? Do they ever post in there? I thought I remembered seeing someone say they sometimes do. Thanks - still hoping for general public codes!!!

jiggerj
03-06-2005, 05:50 AM
jiggerj
What good would it do for you to keep calling every morning if you don't have the secret code?? Would the CM give it to you? I'm just wondering if I actually have to get up early to get the paper. ;)
I hate to see you wasting your time by calling, being told that yes the codes are out, but you can't have a reduced rate because you don't know the code. :guilty:
That would be a huge bummer!!

Hi momshark-I have an AP and am hoping for those rates to be released. I am booked with a rack rate deposit on the BC for our May trip. I am "hoping" that the AP rates will open up and maybe...just maybe :) they will have some kind of info on a code that I can share with others on the Dis that dont have AP"S.

Thanks!:) :)

bgula
03-06-2005, 06:54 AM
Called this morning - nothing out yet. :confused3

4orm
03-06-2005, 07:49 AM
I was getting worried about codes too, but then I checked mousesavers and saw that indeed codes were released last Mar 9th, but also saw that AP codes for the end of Apr - July codes in 2003 weren't released until Apr 20th for dates starting Apr 28th!!!! I hope I'm not on pins and needles that long, but it shows they might come out, even if it is last minute for some of us!

momshark
03-06-2005, 07:50 AM
I am in the same boat as a lot of others, with the AP and all. But, I am still trying to find out IF I called CRO and asked if there was a code out for AP holders would the CM actually tell you the code or not. I know that we would all share it with our other DISmates. I am just trying to find out if the CMs are going to give out that info. or do we have to know it when we call.

eeyoresmountainpals
03-06-2005, 08:00 AM
I don't know if the CM's have the codes or not.

But I thought I would share this...I called the other day for some general info before booking our October trip. The CM that I talked to was very helpful. One thing I asked was about discounts of any kind. Last year we were lucky enough to get in on the "stay 5 nights, get two free" promotion! When I mentioned that to the CM she said that she didn't know of any discounts at the time and she had actually heard that they would be having very few discounts this year because of the new "Magic Your Way" program that they just started because that is greatly discounted over previous programs. Can only hope she's not right!!!! :confused3

mickeyluv
03-06-2005, 08:09 AM
momshark...I don't think you have to know it when you call. I think you just ask if there is an AP rate and if the CM says, "Yes there is", then you just nicely ask if you can apply the AP rate to your existing ressie. If I'm wrong, please someone correct me!!! :)

cstraub
03-06-2005, 08:15 AM
momshark...I don't think you have to know it when you call. I think you just ask if there is an AP rate and if the CM says, "Yes there is", then you just nicely ask if you can apply the AP rate to your existing ressie. If I'm wrong, please someone correct me!!! :)

When I made my ressie's last June (2004) for AKL and CR I said to the CM that I wanted to know the AP rate and that I was considering getting a pass based on how good the rates were for resorts. I had no code and she gave me the AP rate with no problem. I did not even have a voucher for an AP when I called. :wave2:

momshark
03-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Ohhh, Thanks! Question has been answered. So now we all are just waiting for those codes. I'm getting a sinking feeling that they are not coming out before our April 17 vacation. :guilty:

EEyorelover22
03-06-2005, 08:42 AM
I don't want to be the party pooper here, but while waiting for 6 am to roll around this morning (I'm on CST) I went to another board where someone posted that at CM said codes wouldn't come out till the end of March beginning of April and they were later than that in 2003. YUCK!!!!! We're not going till June, but my muscles with atrophy from sitting at the computer if they don't come out till the end of March!! CRO really has no clue when they will hit.

Poohbear123
03-06-2005, 12:13 PM
:confused3 Looks like us Fl. Residents might have to wait until After April 15 to get OUR codes, as that is when they end for Spring rates. :guilty: I am hoping they give them out sooner, but, oh, well.

bytheblood
03-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Looks like this post will hit 1000 before the codes come out after all.

EEyorelover22
03-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Looks like this post will hit 1000 before the codes come out after all.

That's it! We have to hit 1000 before they are released. I wish I could remember how pages we had last year at this time :rotfl2:

bytheblood
03-06-2005, 01:41 PM
That's it! We have to hit 1000 before they are released. I wish I could remember how pages we had last year at this time :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :confused3

fun & fancy free
03-06-2005, 03:43 PM
I was hoping for aq late posting saying codes are out. :crazy:

Nik's Mom
03-06-2005, 03:48 PM
:confused3 It's not looking good, folks. I'm almost ready to give up. :badpc:

jpeltier
03-06-2005, 03:58 PM
I spoke a CM today and she led me to believe the codes will be released at the end of the month.

Eyore4Ever149
03-06-2005, 04:13 PM
I spoke a CM today and she led me to believe the codes will be released at the end of the month.

The CMs dont really know.

www.mousesavers.com and of course THE Walt Disney World site- under Special Offers, or if you HAVE your AP in your possession sign on and look under AP discounts/special offers. The website will have it before anyone else will.

If they aren't out by the end of next week I will assume I am using the crummy discount from AAA and wishing I hadn't added days because I cant change our flight info. Actually for what it costs to go I am wishing I had invested in 2 weeks on Cape Cod instead.

ninaeve
03-06-2005, 04:15 PM

Not listening. Not listening. :cool1:

dkrause716
03-06-2005, 04:19 PM
I agree that the CM's don't have a clue. Remember we're not even to the date when they were released last year.

Deep breath everyone.. those codes are comin'!! :earsgirl: :earsboy:

disneyjunkie
03-06-2005, 04:36 PM
I agree that the CM's don't have a clue. Remember we're not even to the date when they were released last year.

Deep breath everyone.. those codes are comin'!! :earsgirl: :earsboy:

When were they released last year? When went early April last year, so I had everything squared away pretty early. This waiting is driving me nuts.

I can live with the AAA discount I have now, but I'd love to get a code.

pamlet
03-06-2005, 04:44 PM
When were they released last year? When went early April last year, so I had everything squared away pretty early. This waiting is driving me nuts.

I can live with the AAA discount I have now, but I'd love to get a code.

It was either March 8 or 9th... I'd looked it up once before - but can't find it now... :confused3

Anyway good luck!!!!

Pam

Tinkbellfan
03-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Maybe if it wasn't SNOWING AGAIN :cold: I would have something else to do besides obsess about when the codes where coming out. I have alot of pressure from the eight Bachelorette party attendies to get a good rate for our June trip. She is my "little" sis :bride: , so I will continue to wait.

:crazy2:

kwdietrich1
03-06-2005, 05:45 PM
They WILL come out. Every time the code wait begins and continues there are always CM's that state one of the following: "any day now, check in on Sunday, not till the last code expires, not till the last day of checkin from the last code, no codes because we're selling rooms like you wouldn't believe, and of course, what codes?"

I firmly believe codes will be released. If the rooms were selling that well, they would not be sending out post card rates to people to entice them to come. I know that it will be any day now.... but it still does not decrease the anxiety of getting a reduced rate for my June vacation! :)

Hang in there Disney lovers!

Poohbear123
03-06-2005, 05:48 PM
:hourglass Hanging....... :rotfl:

EEyorelover22
03-06-2005, 05:55 PM

Doug

On this code-less Sunday evening, I just wanted everyone to again enjoy this post. So true. New soap opera coming out...As the Codes Turn

Poohbear123
03-06-2005, 05:57 PM
:rotfl2:

EEyorelover22
03-06-2005, 05:58 PM

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Rootskate
03-06-2005, 05:59 PM
As the Codes Turn indeed! Wow...look how many pages we are up to on this thread! :goodvibes

Liz
03-06-2005, 05:59 PM
The Old and the Code-less!!!

Poohbear123
03-06-2005, 06:03 PM
One Code to Live-(for). :rotfl:

EEyorelover22
03-06-2005, 06:05 PM
One Code to Live-(for). :rotfl:
you beat me to it!!!
:rotfl:

Poohbear123
03-06-2005, 07:02 PM
:rotfl: OK, one more to bring it to 1,000 posts--The Young and the Code-less!

caitycaity
03-06-2005, 08:06 PM
And wasn't it the Norwalk virus that spread through the cruise ships, and caused the cancellation of a Disney cruise a couple of years ago?

::yes::

GoPatsGoSox
03-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Codes of Our Lives?

bethzfl
03-06-2005, 08:13 PM
I think Im the only one who does NOT want codes to come out tomorrow (I know - bite my tongue, right? :rotfl: ) but I have work tomorrow AT 7 so I'll be long out of the house by 6:30.. I want best choice of rooms!

But I guess it's better to have them AT ALL.

Heres hopin for soon :)

EEyorelover22
03-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Codes of Our Lives?

DznyDreams
03-06-2005, 08:52 PM
The Old and the Code-less!!!

:umbrella:

bard721
03-06-2005, 09:02 PM
:idea:
I think we should group write a send up of the DaVinci Codes.

The search for the meaning of the codes has not yet been solved.
Read The Disney Codes (soon to be released)

A group of dedicated and good hearted DISers try to unravel this mystery :crazy2:

The search begins with an analysis of the CMs.
Most are themselves giving out good information.......
But
Several are deliberate disinformation plants! :scared1:

The story continues . . . . . .

4orm
03-06-2005, 09:17 PM
I think I've already posted this in another thread, but I thought it might make some people a little less worried...sure last year code came out Mar 9th for April - July, but two years ago the AP codes came out APR 20 for dates starting APR 28!!! I hope we aren't waiting that long, but it does give a spark of hope!

justhat
03-06-2005, 09:26 PM
I hope that isn't the case this year. We arrive in Disney on 4/18, but we're going to Myrtle Beach first on the 11th and I really don't want to be calling Disney everyday to check for codes while on vacation! And I'd also be a little sad if they don't include our dates.

momshark
03-06-2005, 09:38 PM
I think I've already posted this in another thread, but I thought it might make some people a little less worried...sure last year code came out Mar 9th for April - July, but two years ago the AP codes came out APR 20 for dates starting APR 28!!! I hope we aren't waiting that long, but it does give a spark of hope!

Good for people going after April 28th maybe. A bummer for those of us going between the 17th and 27th. Wonder why Disney would exclude those 10 days??? :sad2: Weird. I hope the code covers April 17 and on. :flower:
Thinking positive thoughts. :love:

4orm
03-06-2005, 10:58 PM
That was in 2003 and has nothing to do with this year. Evey year the dates vary slightly, so this year, who knows! Codes might come out for Apr 17 ->

cstraub
03-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Maybe tommorrow? Goodnight~ :sad:

jns
03-07-2005, 04:11 AM
Good morning
anyone phoning this morning
I was talking to a lovely CM yesterday
said she did not know when the codes were coming out just keep checking
It took me ages to get through yesterday was put on hold for ages
Got the Mothers day lunch booked for the Saturday , no pirates cruise for my DS ,was told to check nearer the time or when we are there in case anyone cancels here's hoping

ken skellington
03-07-2005, 04:26 AM
Too early to start calling.....let's hope the codes come up today!