02-20-2005, 04:01 PM
I will be going to WDW March 21 for the first time ever, I booked bus transfers from the airport to the pop resort. What do I need to do when I get off the plane in Orlando to catch my transfer, do I need to go to bagage claim myself. Help me to understand this system, never been to an airport before so this is all new to me. :confused3 :confused3 :confused3
29 more days until spring break with mickey :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:
02-20-2005, 04:18 PM
What company did you book transfers with?
02-20-2005, 05:00 PM
Fun jet sounds like an airlline. Did you purchase a package? If so, you need to look at your paperwork and see if "Meers" or some other company is mentioned and get back with us.
02-20-2005, 08:23 PM
If the company is Mear's which is very liekly as they have allarge volume charter bus service to WDW, the procedure works like this:
1. You land at MCO
2. You proceed to baggage claim and claim all your own bags
3. You then make your way to Level 1 of the main terminal building (Baggage claim is on 2, there are nice large elevators located at 4 points to help you)
4. Stop, look at your voucher, is it a yellow "MEars" boarding pass, if not BEFORE heading outside look inside the airport on level 1 for the Mears counter (there should be 4 of them), present your vouchers, answer a few questions and you will get yellow cardboard tickets.
5. With the YELLOW cardboard tickets, go outside the terminal and look for the Mears podium (it should be near where the mears desk is inside) Show your yellow voucher to the person at the podium, they will check you in, assign you to a bus, and hand you a pager.
6. Go sit (for up to a half an hour, or so they claim), as you wait for a bus to arrive.
7. When the pager goes off, return to the podium, you will be shown to a bus where you can check your bags underneath, the driver will take the yellow cardboard ticket, and you can board.
8. Wait for the bus to fill up, or travel to up to 3 other pickup points at the airport.
9. The Mears driver will pass out Disney brochures right before leaving the aiport.
10. Its a 20-30 minute ride from the airport to WDW
11. Be prepared to stop at other hotels before your own
12. When you finally get to your hotel, a Disney luggage room person will meet the bus (at least they did at the Moderate), and will check your bags into the luggage room, leaving your hands free to go inside the the Registration desk and check in.
To return to AIRPORT:
WARNING! Mears will recommmend a pickup time about 3 hours in advnace of your flight. Either tell them you want to leave your RESORT earlier, if that doesn't work call them back, and LIE about your flights departure time. You want at leat 4 hours before your flight, maybe even more. Here is why.
Mear's demands that you call their dispatch office 24 hours in advance to schedule return transportation. It sounds so simple, they take your name, party size, airline, departure time, and all, and find a bus that should work for you. They told me 4:15 for a 7:15 flight.
We picked up our bags from the luggage room at 4pm, and eagerly awaited the bus. 4:15 passed, 4:30 passed, 4:45 rolled around, and the Mear's bus finally arrived, when it did arrive we had a driver who stopped at 2 other resorts AND could not seem to get the bus to go above 40MPH. Needless to say our connection with our flight was so close that we were quickly walkingg down the concourse and walked right onto the flight becuase it was already well into the boarding process. Sure everything worked out okay in the end, but the stress and agravation just weren't worth it.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.