View Full Version : Worried about snow & getting out of NY on Mon

02-19-2005, 04:01 PM
I'm really obsessing about getting out of LaGuardia airport on Mon. They are saying 2-3 inches of snow but LGA has a problem if there is a flake. Anyone else been delayed because of snow? We have a 6:30am flight. What are our chances of getting out of Ny at a reasonable time on Mon.

Can't wait to see the mouse!

02-19-2005, 04:14 PM
I would check before you leave for the airport. Also carry the 1-800 phone number for your airline reservations desk. If anything should happen don't go running to the ticket counter but call the airlines and you will have a better chance of getting what you need.

02-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the suggestion! Wish us luck!

02-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Good luck. :) Having an early morning should be a good thing. Not much chance for backups since you will be one of the first flights of the morning.

02-19-2005, 06:17 PM
My son is scheduled to fly out of LGA on Monday morning (7:00) to spend the week with his dad in NC. I was thinking of changing his flight to Wednesday.

02-19-2005, 06:19 PM
If it is only a couple of inches of snow I doubt there will be a problem. If it is a real weather event the airline will allow you to switch with no penalties. Otherwise you will have to pay to switch the flight.