PDA

View Full Version : Castle work???

Keokagal
02-19-2005, 11:38 AM
The first time we went to wdw there were cranes working on the castle in mk. It was still magical but I was disappointed. What is going on w the castle right now? I know they are gearing up for may 5th. we will be there week of apr 17th. I soooooo hope it will not be hidden, or have cranes around it again. :worried:

safetymom
02-19-2005, 11:55 AM
The cranes may still be up. They are working on decorating the castle. The hub walls are partially down. No plans to cover the castle that I know of.

I have loads of pictures of the progress of the area on my photo.epson site listed below.

Keokagal
02-19-2005, 12:39 PM
oh no!!!! that is worse than i thought. i'd rather a crane than a wall. can we still walk through? any idea how long the walls will be up? your pics are great. thank you for sharing them. oh i hope i'm not being a baby... :sad2:

safetymom
02-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Nothing to get excited about. You can still walk through the castle when they don't have the sidewalk roped off for a show. The back right sidewalk that takes you around the back of the castle is blocked off because that is where the crane is sitting.

The walls around the hub are halfway down so I imagine the other half will be down shortly.

Keokagal
02-19-2005, 12:44 PM
ok safety, i'll try not to whine anymore. after all i am a big girl. :goodvibes

safetymom
02-19-2005, 12:45 PM
You will still see a beautiful castle when you get there. :)

uva185
02-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Grrrrr... I am taking my friend to Disney in March. It will be her first time going! That makes me so mad she will have to see the castle under construction. :guilty:
Anyone know how long construction should take? Is there a chance it will look halfway normal by mid-march?

safetymom
02-19-2005, 03:41 PM
I think the castle looks pretty normal right now. You have to look hard to see the crane. The turrets are decorated and they look beautiful.

Half of the walls are down around the hub. It really isn't that bad.

LeoGrrrrl1982
02-19-2005, 05:20 PM
Just got back and the castle, despite the work being done, is still quite lovely to look at. There are several places I found that you could take photos without the wall in the picture. No cranes in site and the work they are doing seems like it will add a nice extra glitz to Cindy's place. Mostly they are adding sparkly gold adornments and such from what I could see.

cdpa4d
02-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Ok...I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the Castel work should be done by April 17th. I would think the work would be done, cranes would be gone, and fences removed. Just my opinion and 2 cents...
ADP :goodvibes