PDA

View Full Version : Just spoke to a great CM regarding the wrist band!!

fam4jc
02-18-2005, 12:59 PM
Hi. I just got off the phone with a wonderful CM :flower: Bently. He said we could get our wrist bands for the evening extra magic hours any time during the day at the park! I said I heard that the lines had been long and he said they worked on that! Yippee :cool1:

I left a message for him on the compliment line; I hope he is correct :wizard:

Hippychickali
02-18-2005, 01:18 PM
I hope he is correct too. That's excellent. So theoretically could you get them first thing in the morning so you don't have to worry about it through the day?

Ali

fam4jc
02-18-2005, 01:37 PM
That's the way he made it sound. And he was just in the parks this week! He said you could get it in the moring or wait until after you eat lunch - anytime with proof of staying on site. Sounds good to me :cool1: :cool1:

MikeWazowski
02-18-2005, 01:42 PM
When I was at WDW a week ago, you could only get the wristbands about two hours before closing at different locations around the parks. We probably waited about 5 minutes to get the wristbands. But, one CM did say that they were trying different things seeing that it was a new program.

jxgriffi
02-18-2005, 02:39 PM
I wanted to second Mike's post...

We just got back (Feb. 2) and all of the literature in the rooms said wristbands are available starting 2 hours before park closing. We waited maybe 30 seconds each day we did it.

Hippychickali
02-18-2005, 02:41 PM
We waited maybe 30 seconds each day we did it.

Yes but if this is the way it works in July, I can imagine waiting a lot longer than 30 seconds. I sure hope the OP is right.

Ali

n2mm
02-18-2005, 02:59 PM
If they are changing it, this will be new. We too were there a few weeks ago and this was not the case. We had no problem getting our wristband on any of the 4 nights we attended. We never encountered any lines. I'm curious, who did you call when you got a CM. Did you call the CRO line? Or did you call WDW special events? Keep in mind that alot of the CMs we talk to are not even located in Florida. I'm sure there is still alot of tweaking the system. I will curious to see how they handle the evening EMH when the parks get really crowded like over the Easter break. I'm sure there will be alot of threads letting us know.

DISNEMOM
02-18-2005, 03:39 PM
what exactly are the wristbands for! is it for a different park having extra hours each night? and anyone can get them? tia!

NeverlandClub23
02-18-2005, 03:54 PM
I don't know how it is now but when we went last May we could only get the wirstbands two hours before closing of the park and there were many stations where you could get one at. It doesn't take long to get one because all they're doing is looking at your room pass and putting a band around your wrist and usually it's more than one CM at that location.

Hippychickali
02-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Disnemom...the bands are for the evening Extra Magic Hours. You have to get one to stay after park closing. Anyone who is staying on-site (at a WDW Resort) can get one and yes, it is for the park that has the extra hours on any given night.

Ali

Hippychickali
02-18-2005, 03:56 PM
I don't know how it is now but when we went last May we could only get the wirstbands two hours before closing of the park and there were many stations where you could get one at. It doesn't take long to get one because all they're doing is looking at your room pass and putting a band around your wrist and usually it's more than one CM at that location.

Did they have evening EMH last year or are you talking about the MK's E-nights?

Ali

NeverlandClub23
02-18-2005, 03:57 PM
what exactly are the wristbands for! is it for a different park having extra hours each night? and anyone can get them? tia!
If you're staying at a Disney resort one park is open later on a certain day of the week for resort guests (ex. if MK closes to the public at 9 they would be open until midnight for resort guests). To prove that you're a guest and allowed to be in the park you get a band after showing your room pass to stay in the park.

NeverlandClub23
02-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Did they have evening EMH last year or are you talking about the MK's E-nights?

Ali
I'm pretty sure it was EMH. We had to show our room key to get a wristband. I think they were just starting out the program because they had tons of CM's walking around asking what rides you went on that night and your opinion on the park staying open later for resort guests. We also had to do this at MGM and Epcot

Hippychickali
02-18-2005, 04:03 PM
Maybe they were previewing evening EMH. I thought it was just officially released in January (although I know that they did try this in the past). Maybe someone who knows more than I could clarify but it's not important to the OP, so I digress. :)

Ali

Tabetha
02-18-2005, 10:42 PM
We did EMH evenings this week, and could not get the wristbands earlier than 2 hours prior to park "closing" to non-resort guests.

The wait was not long, they had several CM giving wristbands at each location.

disneyfreakjackie
02-19-2005, 12:23 AM
Maybe they were previewing evening EMH. I thought it was just officially released in January (although I know that they did try this in the past). Maybe someone who knows more than I could clarify but it's not important to the OP, so I digress. :)

Ali

WDW was trying it out when we were there in May 2004. It still have the wristband from EPCOT!! I guess it was a success!! :cool1:

fam4jc
02-19-2005, 08:30 AM
Hi. Everyone. I was speaking to a CRO cm calling to check my ressie that looked wierd online (showed we owed $2200 for a 5 night paid for trip). he was in FL. He accessed the other system for me when I asked about Gorillas in AK. He was really really helpful. I can't imagine he made it all up. But maybe they were testing the "anytime" system. I don't know, but from what you are saying on this thread, the waits don't seem to be a problem at all. I've seen other threads where it was long lines to get the bands. The good news is they are definately working on it :teeth:

SamanthaL
02-19-2005, 09:01 AM
How far in advance have the had the EMH schedule out? And did you find it stayed the same of changed closer to the dates?

I was also wondering why they wait until the end of the day to give out the wrist bands. Whats the purpose of waiting? Cut back on waste? Maybe they could start giving them out in the hotels? Just a thought. You would still need to show ID but it would help with lines.

pw2pp
02-19-2005, 09:12 AM
We just did EMH 2 days ago and they didn't start passing out the wristbands until 2 hours before.
Also, on Thurs night (at Epcot), they asked for PICTURE ID in addition to the room cards. They said they needed one picture ID that is good for the whole family. I told them I didn't have my drivers license with me and the previous nights (at other parks) for EMH we didn't need pic ID. He said they are starting this now because they have had "problems" with it. I am assuming that maybe people are handing their resort cards to other people so that those people may also get a wristband?
So be prepared for one adult from the group to have to show PICTURE ID when you get your wristband.

n2mm
02-19-2005, 09:24 AM
We just did EMH 2 days ago and they didn't start passing out the wristbands until 2 hours before.
Also, on Thurs night (at Epcot), they asked for PICTURE ID in addition to the room cards. They said they needed one picture ID that is good for the whole family. I told them I didn't have my drivers license with me and the previous nights (at other parks) for EMH we didn't need pic ID. He said they are starting this now because they have had "problems" with it. I am assuming that maybe people are handing their resort cards to other people so that those people may also get a wristband?
So be prepared for one adult from the group to have to show PICTURE ID when you get your wristband.

thanks for the heads up about the ID. We always have ID since APholders are subject to identify themselves at any time, esp when their pass doesn't want to work.

SamanthaL
02-19-2005, 09:32 AM
Leave it to people to try to pack the parks with NON-guests during EMH. It never even occurred to me that this would be a problem! :sad2:

Hippychickali
02-19-2005, 10:33 AM
How far in advance have the had the EMH schedule out? And did you find it stayed the same of changed closer to the dates?
{snip}
Maybe they could start giving them out in the hotels? Just a thought. You would still need to show ID but it would help with lines.

It looks so far like the EMH schedule is going to stay the same for awhile.

You might be onto something with giving them out at the hotels to save hassle. The only objection might be that: Then people who didn't have the hopping option and were planning to go to a non-EMH park for the day would be able to get a wrist band and hop over to another park. But I think they wouldn't be able to because you still need to use your ticket when you enter the park. So, anyone trying to beat the system would get caught then. You should write to WDW and suggest this. We all should. Seems a lot easier to me.

Ali

SamanthaL
02-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Hey! I finally had a good idea! :rotfl2: I guess a broken clock is right at least twice a day right! :teeth:

DebbieB
02-19-2005, 11:42 AM

I was also wondering why they wait until the end of the day to give out the wrist bands. Whats the purpose of waiting? Cut back on waste? Maybe they could start giving them out in the hotels? Just a thought. You would still need to show ID but it would help with lines.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/earlyentry.htm

They probably wait until 2 hours because they dedicate cm's to do the job of distributing them.

mariamouse
02-19-2005, 01:36 PM
This thread has been very helpful.. thank you :flower:

Do you expect that the EMH at MK will last until 3 am on the 23rd (since the regular park closing is at 12)? We were planning to take advantage of that on our upcoming trip!! :sunny: How cool would it be to stay in the MK until the wee hours?!?! I hope they keep the 3 a.m. closing time... ::MickeyMo

mariamouse

SamanthaL
02-19-2005, 01:45 PM
3 AM!! :earseek: My Disney Magic would be all pooped out by 11pm!!! You would be scraping me off Main Street!! :faint:

Hippychickali
02-19-2005, 03:53 PM
Do you expect that the EMH at MK will last until 3 am on the 23rd (since the regular park closing is at 12)? We were planning to take advantage of that on our upcoming trip!! :sunny: How cool would it be to stay in the MK until the wee hours?!?! I hope they keep the 3 a.m. closing time...

I would say yes...as long as the park hours stay the same. This has been known to happen.

Ali

kcetgg
02-19-2005, 04:09 PM
What if I am not in the park before closing? Can I come in after closing for the EMH evening if I am resort guest and have a hopper? Do I just get a wristband at the entry gate?

kcetgg
02-19-2005, 04:32 PM
on another thread - yes you can enter after park closing for EMH if you qualify

K, P & J's Grandma
02-19-2005, 11:24 PM
We were there Feb. 7 - 16. At EPCOT they wanted an I.D. along with your room card. At the Magic Kingdom all we needed was the room key. We got our wristbands 2 hours before hand -- maybe a 2 minute wait both times. One of the bus drivers said that we were lucky being there during the 'slow' season - so we could use the 'special hours'. We are wondering if they will continue this during the summer months??

MommaluvsDis
02-19-2005, 11:36 PM
The line at the Main Street location was hugh when we went so we went to the Splash Mountain photo area and walked right up and got our bracelets with no wait at all!

Hippychickali
02-20-2005, 12:13 PM
Are their lots of places to get these braclets, scattered throughout the parks?

Ali

*Fantasia*
02-20-2005, 12:51 PM
If MK is open until 12 midnight for the public, then I doubt there will be EMH that night. MK was open until midnight this past Friday and Saturday and there was no EMH for those 2 nights. I cannot see the parks being open until 3 in the morning. Keep wishing and who knows...it might just come true.

There was EMH at Epcot this past Thursday. The park closed at 9pm and the EMH was open from 9-midnight. We got our wristband 2 hours prior to closing time. The line was not long. No big deal. It went very fast. Each one must show their resort ID and they get put the writstband on you. It only takes not even 30 seconds.

Hippychickali
02-20-2005, 12:57 PM
If MK is open until 12 midnight for the public, then I doubt there will be EMH that night. MK was open until midnight this past Friday and Saturday and there was no EMH for those 2 nights. I cannot see the parks being open until 3 in the morning. Keep wishing and who knows...it might just come true.

1. MK doesn't have evening EMH on Friday or Saturday nights so of course they didn't have it this past Friday and Saturday.

2. Yes, they have had the MK opened past midnight on several occasions for events such as evening EMH.

Ali

DebbieB
02-20-2005, 01:04 PM
I believe a CM posted that they will be open until 3:00am if there is a midnight close with EMH. It's scheduled to happen on Feb 23.

pw2pp
02-21-2005, 12:24 AM
I believe a CM posted that they will be open until 3:00am if there is a midnight close with EMH. It's scheduled to happen on Feb 23.
Wow.... that would be awesome. I know that Magic Kingdom was open until 1:00 am on Sunday, Feb 13 and I thought that was the latestit is ever open, but 3:00 am? I would love that!

Okiemom
02-21-2005, 12:38 AM
Where do you find out the locations for each park to pick up the wrist bands? I would like to have that in my notes before we go to each park!

pw2pp
02-21-2005, 12:52 AM
You don't really know ahead of time - they are just near the entrances. If you don't know, you can ask a cast member.

DMRick
02-21-2005, 12:55 AM
I called, and was told it would be open until 3 am according to the material being handed out..hope so, since the kids are all excited. I hope I can make it up late with them..but I doubt it LOL. Of course I could call back and get a different cm, and different answer. I'll know for sure tomorrow (oh, I guess that's today), when I get my info at check in.

dvcmember
02-21-2005, 07:16 AM
We`are here at VWL now and according to the info w3e got at check in Magic Kingdom is open to 3am. Barb

dawgsgirl
02-21-2005, 07:51 AM
For the EMH at MK on 2-13 we got our wristbands in the Rose Garden. We took turns while waiting for Spectro. There was no one there and the CM barely glanced at the resort ID card. Also heard they were doing the wristbands right after you came through the ticket machines. We did not arrive at MK until it was about 2 hours until close, so I don't know when they started handing them out. We made it until 12:45am and it was magical!

mariamouse
02-21-2005, 08:51 AM
Awesome, thanks for the responses!!

We leave tomorrow morning for Disney and will definitely do the MK EMH on the 23rd... I will post back what it's like to be in the MK that late! I'm assuming the crowds won't be too large that late at night because of all the families... I'm excited!! :goodvibes

Disney, here we come!! I hope you have a great trip too, DMRick!

mariamouse ::MinnieMo

drumflower
02-21-2005, 08:52 AM
I am glad to hear they are changing this! We were there during Mardi Gras and the lines were so bad, I didn't feel like waiting 1/2 hour in line to stay later in the park. I know people say just walk further into the park and go to another line, I did, it was just as long! Plus a ton of people are trying to get into the parks at a later time now since they are open later. Whe we waited over 1/2 hour at Epcot at 5pm just to get through the gates and security. I think since the later hours are free if you are resort guests, a lot of people are taking advantage of this. Just think about all the rooms on site at Disney. I don't think the extra hours will be a slow time to go like it used to be when you paid extra for it. My advice would be to go to another park!

kilee
02-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Last May is when they did the initial test run of the evening EMH program. It will be interesting to see when our President Week diser's return if they expierenced this. As up to this point WDW has still been upholding the 2 hr window.

snappy
02-21-2005, 09:25 AM
We returned from WDW a week ago Sunday. Since we stayed onsite we tried EMH mornings and evenings. When we asked where to get the bracelets for the evening EMH, a CM referred us to the EMH schedules that are available at the entrance with the foldout guide maps and the single sheet weekly programs that show all the shows, park times, etc. They have an EMH schedule for mornings and a separate one for evenings. They print this each week apparently, they have the schedule for the current week only. They are the same exact size as the weekly programs (approx 3X 9 inch) and look almost identical to the usual weekly programs. I brought our EMH schedules home with us.

Both schedules have a list of what rides are open for EMH. The evening EMH schedule also lists where in each park you can get wristbands in addition to the entrance location. The evening EMH schedule also lists what dining locations are open during EMH.

FYI-wristband locations, in addition to main entrance by park:

MK- Plaza rose Garden, Caribbean Plaza, Liberty Square Riverboat Landing, Seven Dwarfs Mine and the Timekeeper

EPCOT-Future world East and West Breezeways, International Gateway,
Mexico Bridge

MGM- ABC TV Theatre, in the courtyard by RNR

AK-It's Tough to be a Bug Fastpass location, Harambe School in Africa, Entrance to Asia,and in Dinoland USA near the Boneyard.

Hope this helps.

Bye the way, we did not wait long to get our bracelets but did not try to get them when they first start distributing two hours before closing. At MGM we got them at main entrance, around closing, no line. At MK we got them at the Plaza Rose Garden, no line. There were at least 3 or CMs, one to check ID's, one to put on the bracelets. It seemed pretty organized to me. When we were leaving EPCOT, I did see a longer line for bracelets at the entrance. It also seemed to take longer to get through the entrance at EPCOT. I noticed that the guard that checks your backpacks is stationed right where you run your tickets to get in the park, seemed at bit of a bottleneck to me.

Okiemom
02-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Snappy, thanks for the information. I was wanting that. Its good to know that you can get a list of them in the entrance too. In case they change locations before we come.
In the mornings, before opening, do you go through security and then wait for the rope to drop? Or do you have to wait for opening time to even begin to go through security?

snappy
02-21-2005, 10:24 AM
I think it depends on the park. At MK, MGM, and AK you go through security first, under a tent thing, then head to the turnstiles. They seem to have many more turnstiles at MK compared to the other parks. We always head to the far left ones, they seem to have a shorter line. We try to get to Mk about 30 min early if when staying onsite, earlier if offsite since you have to park, track the tram to the TTC, take the monorail, etc. Be sure and have your tickets handy at the TTC, there are CM's checking that you have them before you walk up to board the monorail.

At MK, we were held p at the turnstiles until opening.
Also at MK on EMH morning, the ropes were still up for Frontierland and Adventureland, you could not enter either land until regular park opening at 9 am, no rides were open early. The rides that are open are in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.