PDA

View Full Version : AK and MGM character breakfasts?

allisonwonderland
02-18-2005, 11:04 AM
are there any of these at AK and MGM?did u like them?aALSO....we are just a couple..no kids....I dont want Donlad Duck to throw donuts at me or anything..lol.......

beattyfamily
02-18-2005, 11:05 AM
are there any of these at AK and MGM?did u like them?aALSO....we are just a couple..no kids....I dont want Donlad Duck to throw donuts at me or anything..lol.......

No character meals at MGM anymore.

AK has the Breakfastaursaurs and there are plenty of adults!

patsal
02-18-2005, 11:07 AM
No one will throw doughnuts at you, but the camp councellors at Breakfastasaurus may pull a few lighthearted pranks! At AK this is the only character meal and only for breakfast. MGM no longer has a character meal at all. The characters at all meals are pretty good at reading guests and you will get as much or as littel character interaction as you'd like.

dizneefreak29
02-18-2005, 11:08 AM
My 16 year old brother and I (I was 30) did the one at Animal Kingdom last June! We had a blast and the food was good. The only problem was that it was VERY crowded and took a long time to get seated even with a PS.

allisonwonderland
02-18-2005, 11:12 AM
My 16 year old brother and I (I was 30) did the one at Animal Kingdom last June! We had a blast and the food was good. The only problem was that it was VERY crowded and took a long time to get seated even with a PS.
that is what i am afraid of.....did u have the earliest time slot?

ladydancer
02-18-2005, 11:21 AM
We had breakfast @ the Character Breakfast in AK in Oct. When we got there I gave them our name and was told to wait until our name was called. After a long wait I told them we had been waiting for almost an hour. Then they informed me we had already been seated. I told them NO we hadn't and pointed as to where we had been sitting about 20 feet from the stand where they call the names and our name had never been called. Of course they were sorry. They couldn't understand how it happened. We were rushed as the breakfast was almost over. They did however give us a fastpass for any ride in AK.

dizneefreak29
02-18-2005, 11:21 AM
No...we had like a 9:45 a.m. or something like that. We wanted to hit some of the bigger attractions before the crowds got bad and then eat breakfast. So maybe an earlier PS would help!

Sherrypooh
02-18-2005, 12:40 PM
We always eat there, and get PS's for around 9ish. It is a bit crowded and hard for the characters to move around you, but the food is okay. We will be eating there again in May, my boys still like character meals...

eeyore0062
02-18-2005, 12:49 PM
I have never been to the character breakfast at AK, but have heard mixed reviews, in that the characters are good, but the food is pretty much "just OK".

At Disney MGM, I went to the character lunch when it was Minnie and Goofy, and loved it. Really miss that and wish, even if they changed the characters they would use that venue again for a character meal.

Never went, but loved the theming of the character meal that used to be where Playhouse Disney is now--Soundstage, I think it was called. Also, loved the Catwalk Bar which was behind and above the Soundstage.... it was a great little hideaway in the hot part of the day. It was always fun to sit up there and character watch!

beattyfamily
02-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Never went, but loved the theming of the character meal that used to be where Playhouse Disney is now--Soundstage, I think it was called. Also, loved the Catwalk Bar which was behind and above the Soundstage.... it was a great little hideaway in the hot part of the day. It was always fun to sit up there and character watch!

Oh the memories! We did this one on spur of the moment when my oldest was 2! It was GREAT! It has Genie, Jasmine, Raffiki and Meeko that I can recall. Boy was I bummed when they closed it! :(

QuickGold
02-18-2005, 01:26 PM
No more character meals at MGM :(