PDA

View Full Version : AAA Diamond Parking

littleprincessmom
02-16-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm sure that this has been addressed before (sorry in advance) but how do you get to park in the reserved "Diamond" parking area at the parks? I'm assuming just being a AAA member doesn't do it.

Does anyone know? thanks!

littleprincessmom
02-16-2005, 02:13 PM
I'm an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I thought I was on the theme park strategies thread - Can a moderator please move my post? Sorry!!! :badpc:

SandrainNC
02-16-2005, 03:35 PM
You have to buy park tickets or a package from AAA to get the diamond parking pass.

Sandra

spiceycat
02-16-2005, 03:38 PM
you get a little parking pass from AAA - buying the tickets is a good deal.

you show the security guy your pass and he will direct you.

I like the area in Epcot and Studios.

don't like it in MK - the WDW resorts get you a bunch closer!!!

I haven't tried it yet for AKL.

momof2disprincesses
02-16-2005, 04:48 PM
We bought tickets only through AAA last Oct. and saved quite a bit of money and were given our AAA diamond parking pass. Just keep it in your car/rental car and show the attendant when you arrive at each park. There is a blue line to follow for regular customers and a red line for AAA diamond parking and handicap parking.

The AAA parking is right next to the handicap parking and is RIGHT by the entrance to each park. It was a nice perk as we didn't have to wait for trams at the end of the night and it was an easy walk back to the car for sodas (we brought a cooler and used ice from our hotel), change of clothes, etc.

You'll have to look at your pass from AAA though, there are some black-out dates for certain parks. For example, we were there during the Halloween party at MK and MK was blacked out for those dates. However, we went to MK 3 times that trip and twice were still allowed to use it. It never hurts to ask.

littleprincessmom
02-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Thanks everyone for your helpful responses (sorry that I'm still on the wrong forum!)

Do they sell AP passes through AAA?

ExPirateShopGirl
02-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Ok... does the AAA parking pass let you park free in a preferred area or do you still have to pay for parking but just get the preferred lot??

inkkognito
02-21-2005, 01:05 PM
You pay for the parking but can use the preferred lots.
Barb