PDA

View Full Version : Another National Rental Question

mrford
02-15-2005, 02:39 PM
My Emerald Club membership is in my name. I was planning on picking up the car to drive but does that mean that my husband can't drive it at all if I don't stop at the counter. I was hoping to bypass the lines.

beattyfamily
02-15-2005, 02:43 PM
My Emerald Club membership is in my name. I was planning on picking up the car to drive but does that mean that my husband can't drive it at all if I don't stop at the counter. I was hoping to bypass the lines.

When you are an Emerald Club member you and your immediate family members can drive the car. When you get to the booth, let them know and they will ask to see both of your driver's licenses and you'll be good to go.

Melynny
02-15-2005, 03:38 PM
I usually rent the car in my name, Dh usually drives the car out of the rental lot. I give them my emerald card, credit card and both of our drivers licenses along with any coupons I have. I NEVER stop at the counter and they never questions me.

Rpsemont
02-15-2005, 05:11 PM
EA in my name - DH usually drives. Last time I handed them EA, CC and both Drivers licenses. DH has different last name. She said do you want to add an extra drvie and I said he's my husband. She handed back his license and said she doesn't need it he's "covered" under the EA.

We've actually done this many times and never had any issues. So to answer your question, yes, you can bypass the lines.