PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Laguardia Airport?

njmousefan
02-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Does anyone have experience with parking at Laguardia?

There is such a huge difference in airfare between Laguardia and Newark on Song that we are considering driving to Laguardia and parking. Shuttle transportation is not economical from the part of NJ we live in..with the parking fees being just about the same between the two airports...we are weighing driving ourselves, thus my question....

Please share your experiences with me? Thank you!

dcgrumpy
02-15-2005, 03:52 PM
We've parked here before

http://www.avistarparking.com/Home.aspx

dvc guy
02-15-2005, 04:08 PM
We have parked off site at LGA with Avistar , no problem. There are other
off- site parking places, they are all about 5 minutes from the airport. Remeber to make a resevration in adavnce. LGA had NO on site long term parking like EWR/JFK . As far as flight delays LGA is no better then EWR. Song is a great airline Enjoy the trip

Eyore4Ever149
02-15-2005, 06:01 PM
Does anyone have experience with parking at Laguardia?

There is such a huge difference in airfare between Laguardia and Newark on Song that we are considering driving to Laguardia and parking. Shuttle transportation is not economical from the part of NJ we live in..with the parking fees being just about the same between the two airports...we are weighing driving ourselves, thus my question....

Please share your experiences with me? Thank you!

We flew SpiritAir and we were able to park practically in front of our terminal. VERY convenient- we parked and walked ( a short walk) No different than maybe a bad parking spot at the mall. :) Had no problems when we returned, it was great not having to deal with a shuttle to and from a parking lot.

njmousefan
02-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the replies. I feel so much better about parking at the airport.

Eyore4Ever149
02-15-2005, 09:18 PM
We have parked off site at LGA with Avistar , no problem. There are other
off- site parking places, they are all about 5 minutes from the airport. Remeber to make a resevration in adavnce. LGA had NO on site long term parking like EWR/JFK . As far as flight delays LGA is no better then EWR. Song is a great airline Enjoy the trip

I dont know what airports define "long term", but we stayed ON site at LGA- in front of the terminal for 7 or 8 days and there were no issues- my husband says it did say Long Term Parking. We used our GPS for directions to get to the lot itself.

funhouse8
02-15-2005, 11:21 PM
We parked here and didn't have any trouble. Just wanted to let you know if you have AAA you can get a coupon from them. We got ours in the monthly magazine that they mailed out. I'm not sure how much we saved but remembering it was enough. :teeth:

Jamesbyr
02-15-2005, 11:37 PM
A nice post with good answers. If an off-site long-term parking lot is involved, try to download or get a good local street map. I rented a car from National last year and could not easily find their lot. And I live in the city!

Regina
02-15-2005, 11:51 PM
When we use the city airports, we often find it's cheaper to rent a car for a day, drop it off and get another rental when we get back for the drive home.

Just something to think about instead of paying those rates.

njmousefan
02-16-2005, 10:07 AM
Thank you all so much for your input!!!! :flower:

Wanted to let you all know that I based upon your replies I am ready to fly out of Laguardia..just have to convince my husband that we will be ok to park....I spent last evening poking around the web and visited the avistar website and the airport's website and found this information about parking onsite:

Yes, the airport website does identify a long term parking lot..here is that information:

Long-Term Reduced Rate Parking (Lot 3 Only):

First two days (48 hours)
$24 for each of the first two 24-hour periods or part

Over 48 hours
$5 for each 12-hour period or part thereafter

The long-term lot has a limited number of parking spaces and, as with all of our parking lots, parking is on a first come basis. Just follow the "P" signs to the airport exit for additional parking lots. These are privately operated parking lots located near the airport.

For the daily parking:

Daily Parking:

Parking Garage & Lots 1, 4, 5, 6, 7

$3 for the first half hour or part
$6 for up to 1 hour
$3 for each hour or part thereafter
Maximum rate is $24.00 for each 24-hour period

Daily lots can be used for up to 30 days parking at the posted daily rate.
No long-term reduced rates are offered in our daily parking lots.

So, between the long term lot and the various daily lots...I am hoping to be able to find onsite parking, but will make a reservation at one of the offsite places just in case.

I agree with driving around the area...am somewhat familiar with it as my former in-laws lived off the Grand Central in Queens...it's not so easy to get around and find your way..once you are out of the airport loops.

The idea about renting a car...great idea...would have never thought about that. We live in the northwest most corner of NJ and we don't have a lot of rental car agencies to choose from..only Enterprise, but I will check out the one day rates.

Again, thank you all for your advise and sharing with me!