PDA

View Full Version : Best way to purchase tickets.

wfbnancy
08-04-2001, 09:13 PM
We are looking to spend 4 days between the two parks. We are members of DVC, Disney Club, AAA, AARP. We have children and adults in the group. What is the best way to purchase tickets. We are booking our rooms with DVC points. Thanks in advance!

madaboutmouse
08-06-2001, 09:01 AM
You can buy them through the Disney website or at your local Disney store or perhaps through AAA. I don't know that much about AAA. There is an offer going on through December 17 or 19 where you pay for a 3-day Park Hopper and get a fourth day free. We are taking advantage of this and we are going to stay for an extra day. Best of luck and have a great trip.

eyeore100
08-06-2001, 12:27 PM
Yes...I got that deal too! You not only get 1 free day for the 3 day tickets.
Your kids go in for free too!!! That's an incredible offer! We were going to
spend only 1 day in each park but it turned out to be cheaper to get
the 4 day hopper.
:)

sueg
08-06-2001, 01:28 PM
I was going to order hoppers from the website, but I waited a little too long and I wasn't sure that the passes would get to me before we left. The "tickets by phone' suggested DS. They were no help at all. Maybe it is because I live on the east coast, but when I said DL to my local DS cast member, they had almost no info at all, no knowledge of specials and said they would have to order any tickets/passes that I wanted.
I used AAA to buy my hopper passes-- very good price, but the representative at AAA said that kids only go free on the hopper passes if you live in a certain zip code in CA.

wfbnancy
08-06-2001, 05:47 PM
eyeore100,

Where did you purchase your tickets. I have seen the kids free promotion but unsure of where to purchase to take advantage of this as welll as the one day free. Thanks for your help.

eyeore100
08-06-2001, 10:33 PM
Hi, you can purchase the kids' free hoppers from

Get Away Today Vacations 1-800-523-6116

They also have a web-site you can order from:

http://www.get-away-today.com

wfbnancy
08-07-2001, 07:42 AM
Hi,

THanks for the answer. I assume you charge the tickets and then do they send you the tickets or vouchers. Have you used them before are there any problems? I am a novice at this internet purchasing.

pattievers
08-07-2001, 09:21 AM
In the past (before we bought annual passes) we bought our tickets directly through Disney Travel Company. They would forward them to whatever hotel we were staying at, if we booked the hotel through them. If not...for a small extra fee (about $6) they sent them to us.

Their offices are right near the Disneyland hotel (the backside of the bookstore). You could pick them up there?

It was always better to buy through them, as we received early admission each day of our passports.

Call and ask what they can do!

Patti