PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Credit Card

kathbuet1
02-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Can someone please explain how this credit card works? I understand that you get 1% rewards on purchases. I saw a website that allows you to get $25.00 disney dollars. Are the disney dollars I earn good at WDW $ for $? For instance, I get $30.00 Disney Dream Reward Dollars from purchases can I get $30.00 in merchandise, etc there? We are going in 4 months. Would it be worth it? I could charge my daily expenses like groceries and pay it in full each month to earn the rewards??

Kathy

grumpygrandma
02-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Make sure you read all the fine print. We just lost 180 points that disney took away, because they said our card expired. They tell you to keep your rewards card and reload them, and if you don't use by a certain time ADIOS. Away they went. Not happy to see $180 get thrown away. Greatest thing though is disney doesn't care. Rules are rules, read the small print. BEWARE!
Now a grumpy grandma.

DISNEYWITHDAUGHTERS
02-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Kathy,
The Disney Visa is a great way to save some money for the trip. Just make sure you understand the following:

* Each $100 you spend earns you $1 in Disney Dream Reward
* They continue to accrue in your account, and every month statement lets you know how much you have
* Once you are ready to spend, call Disney Visa, tell them to redeem the Reward dollars, and they send you a little gift card (credit card) which has the dream reward dollars on it. You can use just like a credit card, and receipt from purchase will let you know your balance.
**NOTE, once you do redeem the reward points, they have an expiration date (the giftcard) where you have to use them within a certain period of time (I think it is like a year or so). They can continue to accrue in your account for 5 years, before they start expiring.

Don't let a few people who didn't understand the program turn you away from it. I put everything on credit card, pay off the balance monthly, and basically get free money accruing to spend on our next trip. We just went this past Nov, and had over $250 to spend which paid for our food while down there. Where people get confused, is the fact that once you tell Disney Visa to convert the points to the little gift card, they do expire in a year.

gdulaney
02-09-2005, 10:58 AM
Kathy,
I've also been putting everything (car tags, groceries, etc) on our Bank One Disney Visa. We had $150 to use last year and we're up to $350 for our next vacation, which is in Sept (so we have lots of time to add to the balance).

Have fun!!!
Ginny

DisneyForLife
02-10-2005, 09:19 AM
Yes, just be aware of the rules and it can be a very "rewarding" card. We pay the balance off every month and pay no interest, the only way to make the points worth it in my opinion. This past November we had a wonderful time at Disney since 750.00 of it was free money.
Obviously I used my card for everything imaginable. I am hoping to do the same or pretty close to it for next November.

:dancer: