PDA

View Full Version : Shirley/Norm - The Perfect Gift

TooPure4u
02-06-2005, 08:31 AM
I wanted to write this thread last night but was so exhausted I was literally falling asleep at the keyboard.

I had the very nice pleasure of meeting Shirley and Norm prior to my Western Cruise last week. I told a fib to my son that I had known Shirley for many years because when we were in the store, he saw the many baskets Shirley had together and he didnt know I was surprising him with one. I figured if he thought we were long ago friends, that he would have no idea about the basket.

If you have never met Shirley and Norm, then you just don't know what AMAZING people they are. Would give the shirt of there backs to do what it takes to see a smile on your face. Even though I lied and told my son I had known Shirley for a long time, it actually felt like I did. She is very warm and caring. The basket she put together for my son (who has just come off chemo) was out of this world.

In my honest opinion, Shirley's basket exceeded my expectations and really was "The Perfect Gift".

We stopped by the shop again after the cruise to thank her personally. What a truly wonderful lady.

I thank you again Shirley, for everything. From the Key West information to the basket that awaited my son, you are the best and we love you!!!!!

Luv Tracy and Rob

ElenitaB
02-06-2005, 09:40 AM
Can I be nosy and ask what kinds of things were in your DS's basket? I would love to have some kind of gift basket on board for our cruise (which is for my DS's 10th birthday), and was going to order one from the ship. However, so many of you DISers have written such GLOWing praise of Shirley, that I just have to ask.

BTW, many blessings for your family. Tink's pixie dust and the smiles you get from Disney magic do wonders to heal from chemo. :wizard:

TooPure4u
02-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Thank you ElenitaB.

In his basket was a bunch of drinks, bunch of snacks, a HUGE Mickey Mouse towel, a radio....etc. It was so nicely put together and waiting on the bed when we arrived. I will definitely order from Shirley each time I cruise.

Hope that helps.....Tracy

inkkognito
02-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Isn't Shirley a sweetheart?! Even when you meet her for the first time, you DO feel like you've known her for years so it's not even a fib. :)
Barb

prymsu
02-06-2005, 11:19 AM
I have stopped at their shop three times over the years. They are always thrilled to see you! They are just about the nicest people you will ever meet!

TammyC
02-06-2005, 11:53 AM
I've been thinking about ordering a basket for our DS. I see that many people put snacks in them, BUT won't the ship have more than enough food?? I think I'll look into some sand toys, etc.

Tammy

TooPure4u
02-06-2005, 12:11 PM
I thought the same thing Tammy but one thing was when you are going from show to show or back from an excursion, rather than ordering room service and waiting 20 minutes - 1/2 hour, you have snacks right there or even if you are too close to dinner time but the kids or even the adults are whining, they have it there to eat. I knew I wasnt going to be in the room very long at 1 point just had the munchies....that helped alot!!!!

TooPure4u
02-06-2005, 11:14 PM
p.s. Tammy....sand toys are a big hit in Shirley's baskets as well. You can pretty much tell her things you would like to see in the basket or she can make one up for you....she is great and will do what she can to accomodate you....give her a call!

Tracy

estreet03032
02-07-2005, 12:08 AM
Could you give me Shirlys web address. I know I have seen it on the boards before.but I cant seem to find it.

I also hope your son is doing better after chemo.

CM_Mom
02-07-2005, 02:07 AM
Shirley's web address is www.theperfectgift.cc Note the ".cc" as there is another company at the .com address that isn't Shirley.

I want to add my praise for Shirley's personal attention. She is so kind and caring.

As for the snacks, if your kids like Skittles or M&Ms then some packages of those to take to the theater would be great. Although the ship has plenty of food, we took some snacks on our cruise (before I discovered Shirley unfortunately) to take on excursions in case we needed "a little something".

snelsonbrown
02-07-2005, 03:52 AM
Good morning,
First let me say, Tracy wrote this because she knew I fell over myself when I met her son Robert - he is 17 years old (an age when I wanted to find ways to strangle mt own, an age where it was always "what about me" - well if you got kids heading that age, you already know) - Robert was a joy - for what he has gone through, his outlook on life was so refreshing - I could easy take him as another grandchild - the more you love, the more love you create - anyhow children in challenges has always had a special place in my heart - losing my two children so many years ago, I always try to do something extra in their memory even after almost 50 years - I have done it since they left me to go touch the face of God. It isn't for anything except I feel children are so special - they have so much to give - anyhow Robert couldn't have gotten there without the help of his mom Tracy - what a neat young lady and handling the challenges alone and doing one heck of a job -
You know I have met many wonderful people through my line of work and I have been very blessed far beyond than anyone deserves. I rather children not be challenged in order for me to meet them, but I am honored by them in their kindness and innocenses.
Anyhow everyone have a wonderful weekend -remember Valentine's Day and tell someone you love them ---EVERYDAY - watch that smile spread :teeth: :goodvibes
Always
Shirley

TheWog
02-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Do you want to make us all cry???? :wave2: :grouphug: Sounds like you had a great time Tracy. Glad you did.

TooPure4u
02-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Shirley....thanks for the beautiful words regarding my son and myself. You are truly an angel.

TheWog, the trip was amazing as to be expected. Wish you could have made it.....you would have loved it. Didnt you go RCCL? and if so...how was it and did it compare?

Everyone have a wonderful day.... :cloud9:

Tracy

tpmorley
02-08-2005, 07:23 AM
14 & 17 year old boys--and they are the BEST! Any ideas for a basket? Also, I want to send a few things for Shirley to include...how do I find her address?

Verandah Man
02-08-2005, 08:03 AM
14 & 17 year old boys--and they are the BEST! Any ideas for a basket? Also, I want to send a few things for Shirley to include...how do I find her address?

The Perfect Gift
6550 N Atlantic Ave
Cape Canaveral FL 32920

mommylovesdisneymore
09-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Any suggestions for a 12 yearold boy????