PDA

View Full Version : OT: Universal Studios Hotel?

TigerBear
08-04-2001, 11:27 AM
Can anyone recommend a nice (and safe ;), moderate hotel in the Universal Studios area? Is anyone familiar with Beverly Garland Holiday Inn or Best Western Hollywood Hills?

Thanks!

Amy1013
08-04-2001, 11:35 AM
I've stayed at the Beverly Garlands Holiday Inn a couple of times, and have really liked it. It's close to Universal, the grounds are beautiful, the rooms were nice, and there's a restaurant on the property- which we found convenient. If you are a guest of the hotel and you happen to have kids under 13 traveling with you, they get to eat free at the restaurant. There's a nice pool (but not a large one) and sauna, also. My family has only had good experiences there, so I would definitely recommend it.

Amy

TigerBear
08-04-2001, 12:42 PM
Thanks Amy! I have reserved two rooms at The Beverly Garland for $109 a night (each). Does that sound like a good rate?

Minybear
08-04-2001, 01:26 PM
I was also going to recommend Beverly Gardland. We are going to stay there September 24 & 25 and then stay at GC 26 & 27. Our corp rate was $75 per night.

Amy1013
08-04-2001, 01:26 PM
Hi, Tigerbear

Yep, the $109/night sounds about right. That's in the same area that I paid for my nights at this hotel. If you are a AAA member, you may want to check with the hotel and see if you can get a AAA discount. Most Holiday Inns do give AAA member discounts- it's worth a try, if you are a member. But if not, what you have quoted is a good rate and about the same as I've paid myself. Have a great time!

Amy