PDA

View Full Version : LIVE from the 2/5 Magic!

praisehisname
02-06-2005, 06:33 AM
Well, we made it! I was thrown for a loop in the terminal when I found out I didn't get the dining rotation I wanted, but we were able to switch it as soon as we boarded. Having REAS and not having to scramble for ressies was great! I totally missed our DIS meet because my 8 yodd (who suffers from anxiety disorder) when into a full blown panic attack (it wasn't pretty) when she saw the life vests in the cabin. I guess she had totally forgotten last year? Needless to say, the drill wasn't fun either. But we got through it and the rest of the night went smoothly.

Dinner was great! We have Tiadore and San as our servers. Geevan is our head server. We had taken bonine at breakfast, so we actually got through the whole meal!

After dinner my 6 yodd opted for the Club (had a VERY difficult time convincing her to leave at 11 pm), while the rest of us went to see the show. WOW! It was so cool!

It was rocky and windy, but not to bad. Right now its pretty chilly and windy, but I'm hoping the weather warms up for swimming later.

I'll check back later. If you have any questions, just holler!

Denise

Hygiene99
02-06-2005, 07:11 AM
Thank you and have a great trip...

Peter

Verandah Man
02-06-2005, 07:46 AM
Have a MAGICal time!!!

ADisneygirl
02-06-2005, 08:12 AM
Thanks for checking in on us! Have a great time! :wave2:

Dreamer04
02-06-2005, 09:30 AM
I LOVE live trip reports! We sail in two weeks in cabin 8032-take good care of her for us!

Disneyfan37
02-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Have a great time!

Maria

natsmom125
02-06-2005, 12:53 PM
Denise....If San is from The Phillipines, please tell him hello from us,
Phyllis, Jim and Natalie...he will remember Natalie as she cried and cried the morning we left ship and that we live in Hilton Head.

Glad you are having a great time...wish we were there.............

Thanks
Phyllis

MickeyB426
02-06-2005, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the post!

If possible, can someone from this cruise keep updating us on the height of waves?

I'm on the next Eastern Caribbean cruise in two weeks. Thanks!

jillicole
02-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Denise...I hope you have a Magical time. I know that we did last week!! Does Tiadore have dark hair and is he from...Romania (I think)? If so...we had him last week as our assistant server and he's FANTASTIC!!! Ask him if he had table 23 last week, if so...tell him we say "hi" :)

Hope the weather warms up for you and wishing you the best!!!

Jill

DCLgodess
02-06-2005, 04:51 PM
have a great trip. looking forward to trip reports. :wizard: :bounce:

praisehisname
02-06-2005, 04:55 PM
Denise...I hope you have a Magical time. I know that we did last week!! Does Tiadore have dark hair and is he from...Romania (I think)? If so...we had him last week as our assistant server and he's FANTASTIC!!! Ask him if he had table 23 last week, if so...tell him we say "hi" :)

Hope the weather warms up for you and wishing you the best!!!

Jill

Jill,

We're table 23!!! I'll check tonight when we go to dinner to see where he's from.

Denise

praisehisname
02-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Denise....If San is from The Phillipines, please tell him hello from us,
Phyllis, Jim and Natalie...he will remember Natalie as she cried and cried the morning we left ship and that we live in Hilton Head.

Glad you are having a great time...wish we were there.............

Thanks
Phyllis

Phyllis,

San is from the Phillipins. I'll tell him you said "hi" when I go to dinner tonight.

Denise

praisehisname
02-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the post!

If possible, can someone from this cruise keep updating us on the height of waves?

I'm on the next Eastern Caribbean cruise in two weeks. Thanks!

Last night and most of today, the seas were classified as "rough" with 8 - 13 foot waves. It's fun walking around, but thankfully no one in our family has gotten sick. We did see several "protein spills" last night during the show.

My mom and I played bingo this afternoon. Que was calling, and he is fabulous!!!

Dad and my hubby are abandoning us for the game tonight, so mom and I will take the kids to dinner by ourselves...

I'll post more tomorrow!
Denise

Patriotsfan0113
02-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Great Post...can't wait to hear more!!! Thanks

nluvwithmickey
02-06-2005, 06:45 PM
Oh please .................keep posting :teeth:

My sister and her DH are on the same cruise and I was wondering how they were doing. Makes me feel a little closer to them....

Keep us posted on the weather and the waves....

Have a wonderful time!!!! :cheer2:

ChrisnSteph
02-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Hi! We were getting off the ship as you were getting on! We had rough seas on the way home, and Castaway Cay's weather was awful. Otherwise we had a great time! Have fun!!!

DizMomofRJF
02-06-2005, 07:46 PM
This is so exciting to here from someone right there! I will be going on your ship next week.I am in the middle of packing...any suggestions? What is the temperature?Also did you book any excursions. I am so undecided as to what to do.Is it safe to go with an outside tour company,take a taxi when your there or book with Disney??

Have a Magical time!

praisehisname
02-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Last night at the show, the captain promised us smoother sailing and warmer weather for today. He delivered!!! It is so beautiful right now. The kids are in the pool with hubby, and I'm sitting in the Cove Cafe. I could definitely get used to this!

Oh, they changed formal night for us! Because of the Super Bowl, formal is tonight instead. Yay!!!

We had our Palo brunch yesterday--yum! Whoever had recommended the stollen and jam, thank you! I could have filled up on just that. We had Florencia from Argentina. She was wonderful. She asked when our dinner reservations were and she is going to try and be our server then, too.

Mom and I have high tea later; I'm looking forward to that.

I wasn't planning on going to Hercules last night, but at the very last minute my 6 yodd asked to go, so just she and I went. It was hilarious! Definitely worth seeing!!! Tonight is Golden Mickeys, can't wait.

I'll check back later.

disneylover5
02-07-2005, 10:48 AM
I am so glad it has warmed up for you. I am in my office at work now...last week I was laying by the Goofy Pool. Have a wonderful week!
Lisa

seaulater
02-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Last night and most of today, the seas were classified as "rough" with 8 - 13 foot waves. It's fun walking around, but thankfully no one in our family has gotten sick. We did see several "protein spills" last night during the show.

My mom and I played bingo this afternoon. Que was calling, and he is fabulous!!!

Dad and my hubby are abandoning us for the game tonight, so mom and I will take the kids to dinner by ourselves...

I'll post more tomorrow!
Denise

Tell Que that his Dis Board friends from the 10 day cruise say hi and that we can't wait to see him for the Panama Canal! I'm bringing a great picture I took of him from the Christmas Cruise. He is great!

Linda

eogirl93
02-07-2005, 11:29 AM
I have a question about the internet usage onboard. Can you tell me how it works. We are going on a 4 day cruise and it says it is 39.99 for the trip. I have never cruised before and I would like to know how it works.
Thanks

MickeyB426
02-07-2005, 11:50 AM
For $39.99, you get unlimited usage on the internet. One account per stateroom. They will give you an account name and password, and that will be yours for the trip. Once you log in with this name and password, you'll have internet access.

If you don't use the pay-one-price option, it's a set fee per minute, which, if you're on more than ten minutes a day, is probably not worth it.

MamaCrush
02-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Thanks for your report but it makes me a bit sad!! You got onboard just as we walked off!! I'm definitely going through post-vacation let down and can't wait to go back! At least we rebooked before we left and I recommend the same for you!

Enjoy!

mom_rules
02-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Can you fill us in on the REAS components? What did your basket include?
How was your spa treatment? Do tell!!
(BTW-what do you tip the people (REAS bookings) that provide these various services for you?)

lbgraves
02-07-2005, 02:39 PM
ROFL! I will have to tell DH that formal night was changed. :) When I read that the DH skipped dinner to go I told him that there was no way he would have done that. :)

MamaCrush
02-07-2005, 02:44 PM
We had Florencia at Palo's just last week-- dinner and brunch. She is fabulous! Please tell her Denise & Billy Long said hello (she'll remember us as the ones who dressed up like pirates, I think). Her husband is the head chef at Lumiere's and she was on the Magic's very first cruise.

Verandah Man
02-08-2005, 07:42 AM
What a beautiful sight to see this cold chilly February morning, the Magic docked at St. Maarten.

http://www.verandahman.com/Magic%20docked%20at%20St.%20Maarten%202-8-05.jpg

E&BMom
02-08-2005, 09:15 AM
Awesome picture.!!!!!!!! Thank you so much :flower: :sunny:

christinou
02-08-2005, 09:20 AM
I love that picture, that is the trampoline that I made a fool of myself on, and did a number of very UNgracefull flips from........

Dreamer04
02-08-2005, 09:23 AM
Beautiful!! We'll be there in two weeks!!!

mackymaddyconnorsmom
02-08-2005, 09:35 AM
What is the weather like? Is it in the 70's or 80's? I hope you have a great time. Im on break right now from work(Ilive close enough to go home) My daughter is home sick (She is at a friends house). My kids keep getting sick and I dont have enough days left to take off. I wish I was on the cruise now and relaxing instead of stressing

savsawmom
02-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Love, love, love Florencia . . . we had her for brunch, dinner and dinner again!

ChrizJen
02-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Thank you for a wonderful visual on a cold, dreary day with freezing rain and snow on the forecast overnight... :cold: :sad2:

What beach is that? It's beautiful! :sunny: :love:
I'd love to plan a trip to that beach on our cruise in Sept! :banana:
Thanks! :wave:

-Christal

suzannef
02-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Wow I really needed that picture today. What a yucky dreary day here and that picture is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to be cruzin. Thanks Verandah man. :cool1: :cool1:

Suzanne

lbgraves
02-08-2005, 04:46 PM
If you get a chance, could you stop in the gift shop & ask a CM if they know when pin trading may be allowed again. TIA!

HollyH
02-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Would you please check. next time you post in the Cove Cafe, if Joval is working and if he'll be there for the 2/26 western cruise? I miss his "Black Magic Martinis"!! ;)

If he is there, please tell him "Mrs. Holly" says hello!
Hope your having a great time!

JimmyJackJunior
02-08-2005, 05:56 PM
I feel for you on the life jacket thing. I have a nearly two year old who totally flipped out when we put on it to the point that no one could here the safety instructions. My wife and her were excused.

TooPure4u
02-08-2005, 06:25 PM
praisehisname....please tell that hottie Que that Rob (the fake bingo caller) and Tracy from last weeks Western said hi and that we want to come back!!!!

Thanks....Tracy

TooPure4u
02-08-2005, 06:28 PM
mamacrush, I also rebooked...when did you rebook for? I rebooked for September 16, 2006...yikes!!! so far away lmao....

Tracy

twinsyippee
02-08-2005, 10:28 PM
I will join in the praise-fest for Florencia at Palo's! She was our server last week for dinner and brunch and she is so great! I made sure to write her name on my comment card at the end of the cruise to say how good she was. I could have eaten at Palo's for every single meal...

If you haven't already gone back for your Palo's dinner, please tell her Colleen & Stuart from last week say hello and that we are still talking about the goat cheese pizza! Mmmmmmmm! :earboy2:

Thanks! Enjoy your vacation!

HumanCookie
02-09-2005, 08:44 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~humancookie/Magic_in_St_Thomas_Feb9-2005.jpg

Another view of Magic from another cruise line

http://home.comcast.net/~humancookie/star_princess_bridge-cam_Magic_on_site.jpg

mom_rules
02-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Can you post the sites for these webcams please?

emtowle
02-09-2005, 11:52 AM

All of Princess' ships have webcams all accessible from the main webpage.
http://www.princess.com

Select ships and as you click through one of the options is webcams. If you know the schedules you might be able to luck into the Disney ships as in the earlier posting.

Verandah Man
02-09-2005, 11:55 AM

For St. Maarten you can use this address: http://www.kroooz-cams.com/terry/netcam.jpg

MamaCrush
02-09-2005, 11:58 AM
Tracy--

We rebooked for 11/4/2006-- my birthday week. I haven't changed my countdown clock yet because I don't want to see how far away that really is!! Right now I'm reviewing all my pictures from last week and moisturizing like crazy so my tan won't fade ! :earboy2:

mom_rules
02-09-2005, 12:00 PM
very cool-thanks!

praisehisname
02-09-2005, 01:18 PM
mamacrush, I also rebooked...when did you rebook for? I rebooked for September 16, 2006...yikes!!! so far away lmao....

Tracy

I rebooked last night while we were waiting for the show to start. We're also doing September 16, 2006!!! We were able to get the same cabins we're in right now.

Denise

TooPure4u
02-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Oh thats great Denise.....look forward to it.

Did you read my earlier post on this thread about telling that sexy Que that Rob (from last weeks western, who yelled a bongo) and Tracy said hi and that we want to come back? If not...could ya tell him?? lol

Thanks....hope your having fun!!!!!

Tracy

jlawall
02-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Thx so much for the updates and the great pix from the islands......it's torture!! This time of year, I'm desparate for a trip to the Carribean! It's nice to hear about Bingo and Que! We sailed with him twice and it was so much fun. Who else is calling Bingo on your cruise??

What activities have you enjoyed the most?? How are your kids doing in the clubs! Best wishes for great weather (think of us at home in dreary winter!) :rolleyes:

walczak4
02-10-2005, 03:13 PM
PraiseHISname: Can you tell me what movies are currently playing onboard?

praisehisname
02-11-2005, 11:33 AM
Captain Tom just tried for the 3rd time, but the winds are too strong. I'm so bummed (even though I comletely understand that he's doing what's safest). My kids are heartbroken, but at least we had two beautiful days at St. Maarten and St. Thomas. I'm most disappointed about the food!!!

Oh, well. At least we won't have the "rushed" feeling on our last day...

The movies that are playing now are Princess Diaries 2, Ladder 49, Pirates of the Carribean, Pooh's Hephalump Movie, Mulan 2, Incredibles, Finding Nemo, National Treasure, and one other one I can't remember.

Denise

disneylover5
02-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Last week the winds were really strong as well. Captain Tom sat there for a long time waiting for the perfect moment to back in. We got lucky and he was able to do it. I am so sorry you will miss this beautiful island.

Because of the winds, once we did get in, all excursions were cancelled.

Enjoy one more day at sea, I am sure Captain Tom will find you some sunshine!
Lisa

nluvwithmickey
02-11-2005, 02:16 PM
:sad1: What a bummer.....I know this can happen and nothing is guaranteed but missing CC has got to HURT....It is the best thing about cruising with DCL.

I'm glad you're having a good time nonetheless :rolleyes:

Have a safe trip back. :flower:

Thunderrd
02-11-2005, 02:34 PM
So sorry you won't get to go to CC. We were there not too long ago.

Can someone describe why because of the wind they cannot dock at CC? How high are the seas when the ship cannot dock at CC? And what is the wind speed?

When they canceled all excursions did that include paddleboats and such?

walczak4
02-11-2005, 03:03 PM
PraiseHISname:

Thank you for the movie info! :flower: My princess: wanted me to buy her Mulan 2 so she will be :cloud9: that it is playing on the ship.

Sorry to read about Castaway Cay. I bet there were a lot of :mad: passengers...glad to read that you were so understanding. Wish us luck on our 02/26 cruise!

jlawall
02-11-2005, 10:55 PM
You know an extra day at sea is always nice at the end of this cruise. Sometimes, CC can be frustrating if the weather is touchy. We've had that on our last two cruises and it isn't like a sunny day in CC at all. I hope you had fun!

lbgraves
02-11-2005, 11:01 PM
That is very true. The last day has always been so rushed to get everything done in time. I hope that you enjoyed a relaxing day today.

disneylover5
02-12-2005, 10:01 AM
Yes, every excursion was cancelled except bicycles on ground...but even then it was hard to bicycle.

This is how I explained the winds last week (Blow your hat off, blow your drink over).....we could not eat out on Deck 9 behind topsiders as our coffee cups would have gone over. That is why we felt lucky to get to go to CC. Once on CC, we did find a nice a spot where the winds were blocked and we could enjoy the sunshine. After lunch, the winds died down and we went swimming.

The seas did not seem to bad...but after we left CC and headed back to FL, it was wild. On deck 2 (which is 3 levels above the ocean) the waves were completely covering our porthole as we went up and down. I loved it...but my 81 YODM was not to thrilled.

Disneybridein2k3
02-16-2005, 01:16 PM
So sorry you won't get to go to CC. We were there not too long ago.

Can someone describe why because of the wind they cannot dock at CC? How high are the seas when the ship cannot dock at CC? And what is the wind speed?

When they canceled all excursions did that include paddleboats and such?

Thunderrd - Where the ships docks at is very narrow. When the currents are strong, they force the ship out of the dock. At least that is what we were told on the 2/5 cruise...

Stacy

PS - :wave2: to PraiseHisName!!!