PDA

View Full Version : rollaways. . .

mousefansmom
02-05-2005, 10:10 PM
This is probably a dumb question but friends of ours who are sailing with their two ds, are wondering if they can get a separate bed for their 5 yo. He apparently rocks throughout the night and nobody can sleep with him. Do they even HAVE rollaways on the ship, and will it fit in the room? They are in a cat 6.

Mousefansmom :wave:

videogal1
02-05-2005, 10:15 PM
This is probably a dumb question but friends of ours who are sailing with their two ds, are wondering if they can get a separate bed for their 5 yo. He apparently rocks throughout the night and nobody can sleep with him. Do they even HAVE rollaways on the ship, and will it fit in the room? They are in a cat 6.

Mousefansmom :wave:

I have heard that beds on wheels are not available on the ships...
:banana:

mousefansmom
02-05-2005, 10:18 PM
I hadn't even thought of the wheel thing-Maybe he won't need to rock then, the bed could just move back and forth to the motion of the waves :teeth:
Could they bring an air mattress or something?
Mousefansmom

CarolAnnC
02-05-2005, 10:40 PM
A Category 6 booked for four people will have enough existing bedding in the stateroom. There will be the twin beds (which can be pushed together to make a queen) a sofa that converts to a bed, and a bed which pulls down from up above. No rollaways or other bedding can be brought into the room.

scrapperjill
02-06-2005, 12:26 AM
I think when you enter the stateroom..the main bed is set up as a queen...but it can be seperated into two twin beds if you ask your room stewart. Other than that there is the sofa that converts into a twin...and the pull down..that comes out of the celing. Other than that...no roll-a-ways.

tvguy
02-06-2005, 01:40 AM
There's no space for a rollaway anyway.

webray
02-06-2005, 07:57 AM
So..the boys will be able to sleep in different beds..no problem.

mickeygal3
02-06-2005, 08:06 AM
There are three beds in the rooms. A sofa bed, A bed from the ceiling, and a normal bed. They would have separate beds if the parents sleep together. Maybe they should try to help him get past this bad habbit before the cruise. :banana:

mousefansmom
02-06-2005, 09:59 PM
I am really glad to hear that they will have separate beds. He is a special needs child, so they unfortunately cannot fix the "habit".

Thanks everyone for the help!!

Mousefansmom
There are three beds in the rooms. A sofa bed, A bed from the ceiling, and a normal bed. They would have separate beds if the parents sleep together. Maybe they should try to help him get past this bad habbit before the cruise. :banana:

smchan
02-06-2005, 10:40 PM
Yes, I was able to get a roll-away bed a couple years ago on the Wonder. My wife and I were placed in a wheelchair accessible room (6000 - a cat 8) which was a bit larger than a typical cat 8 and lacked a sleeper sofa. Anyways, I fell very ill and was quarantied so DCL provided a roll-away bed so my wife and I would be more comfortable while I was sick. Space was tight with the bed open.

I don't recall whether the bed had wheels or not, but it looked like a roll-away; the typical fold-up twin bed on a portable frame.

Sam

mmouse37
02-07-2005, 07:25 AM
Yes, above poster is right that the handicapped accessible rooms are much larger so a roll away would fit...but there is no way DCL would put or could even fit a rollaway in the standard cabins...possibly the Cat 1 or 2 suites, but not the regular cabins.

MJ