PDA

View Full Version : Let ME get this straight. Appitizer AND Salad/Soup?

hAm53
02-05-2005, 08:51 PM
So here's a pretty simple one.
Can somepne please confirm if you get:
appitizer OR soup/salad
or
appitizer AND soup/salad.

i'm have a "spirited discussion of varying ideas" about this.
thanks!

Mickeyhugger
02-05-2005, 08:53 PM
You may have both. :)

videogal1
02-05-2005, 08:58 PM
So here's a pretty simple one.
Can somepne please confirm if you get:
appitizer OR soup/salad
or
appitizer AND soup/salad.

i'm have a "spirited discussion of varying ideas" about this.
thanks!

You may have as many appetizers, soups, salads, entrees, desserts as you can hold. There were dinners where I had three appetizers and no entree...your choice....any combination.

AspiringCindy
02-05-2005, 09:11 PM
You may have as many appetizers, soups, salads, entrees, desserts as you can hold. There were dinners where I had three appetizers and no entree...your choice....any combination.

ISN'T IT GREAT?!!!! :banana:

videogal1
02-05-2005, 09:20 PM
ISN'T IT GREAT?!!!! :banana:

YUMMMMMM!

budwmn
02-05-2005, 10:37 PM
If you do plan on ordering both (we do), ask for them to come at the same time. Otherwise, it's served course by course and takes much longer. We've often been one of the last tables to leave (not because we're slow eaters, there's just a big pause between the courses). That's not a bad thing if you want to take your time and relax, but if you have small children or are trying to make it to a show or nightclub, you could be late. :rolleyes:

By the way, I've lost weight on each cruise because the salads are so fresh and yummy, I can't resist! :sunny:

CarolAnnC
02-05-2005, 10:42 PM
We order an extra appetizer and/or dessert, or two and enjoy sampling amongst our family.

jlowejd5
02-05-2005, 10:46 PM
(To steal the title of the greatest DCL Trip Report I ever read)

The first time we were at Palo's, DW and I had four appetizers, three entrees, and two desserts. Granted, the portions are very small, but still. And Candy was happy as all get-out to bring them.

Appetizers: She had the tomato/mozarella thing and a small salad with red wine viniagrette. I had the calamari, got half-way through it, and immediately ordered another plate. Oh, so good.

For the meal I had the lamb, she had the veal, and we split this amazing eggplant/crabcake thing.

And, of course, the souffle for dessert.

Delicious, but we didn't exactly stuff ourselves until we couldn't walk.

alanapapa
02-06-2005, 12:43 AM
My DW, DD10, DD5, and I are all salivating at the mere notion of multiple deserts. The menus I have seen all sound "wonder"full.

musicgirl
02-06-2005, 07:37 AM
Oh yes, food heaven!!!

I really should not have clicked on this post because it is making me hungry. It's the morning and I would really love to be sitting outside on a deck with a yummy breakfast.

webray
02-06-2005, 07:42 AM
For dinner..you could have every salad/soup on the menu if you wanted, or whatever. There were many nights when we ordered multiples so we could try them.

kshabare
02-06-2005, 07:45 AM
You can also order two main. DH saw someone's lobster tails and steak. They brought it to him promptly! Whatever you want - ask. If it's not on the menu, ask. I cannot wait to just have choices and someone else is cooking it and cleaning up.

Kim

mickeygal3
02-06-2005, 08:13 AM
You can order whatever you want. They have menu items, but if you want a big salad with chicken and its not on the menu, its not a problem. My daughter ordered off the adult menu when she was 6. I have even seen waiters get food from different restaurants. It will be fine. :banana:

lillygator
02-06-2005, 08:45 AM
You can have as much as you want!! Our last cruise our DD was 18 months....she is a shrimp lover and at lunch usually had three shrimp cocktails herself!! :lol:

hAm53
02-06-2005, 09:48 AM
thanks for the help! since its our honeymoon, i plan on doin' it up. in fact, the reason i originally agreed to go on the cruise was the unlimited pizza. too bad they don't have sausage & pepper heroes.

Tigger&Belle
02-10-2005, 01:12 PM
You can also order two main. DH saw someone's lobster tails and steak. They brought it to him promptly!

Kim

Kim, I had this vision of your DH seeing someone elses steak and lobster and the waiter taking that person's food and bringing it to your husband. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I am so easily amused! :)

T&B

@GoofyNut
02-10-2005, 01:27 PM
hAm53 ... Your Honeymoon Cruise and you are thinking about food! http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage22/16.gif Well anyway you can get whatever you want, as much as you want and in what order you want. I must say I couldn't believe my hubby got 2 lobster tails as dinner and then the server came back with another ... that's when I had to plead for another tail for myself ... they were just too yummy and what the heck you can always walk it off on deck 4.

BTW ... Happy wedding http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/hug1.gif

Enna
02-10-2005, 01:30 PM
So, if I wanted to order the Dessert Menu (as a whole) as my entree, and have a Mickey Bar for dessert, could I do that?

And, if I DO, will the serving staff at least have the decency to mutter about me back in the kitchen where I don't have to hear it?

jrabbit
02-10-2005, 01:38 PM
So, if I wanted to order the Dessert Menu (as a whole) as my entree, and have a Mickey Bar for dessert, could I do that?Yes :tongue: :mickeybar :tongue:
And, if I DO, will the serving staff at least have the decency to mutter about me back in the kitchen where I don't have to hear it?And Yes :listen:

fairytalelover
02-10-2005, 01:41 PM
So if my husband and I want to order 3 entrees, 4 appetizers and salads each we can??

BethC1952
02-10-2005, 03:12 PM
DH couldn't decide one night what he wanted for dinner, so he said to the server "Bring me what YOU like best", thinking that he would get the best choice. You guessed it...he got EVERYTHING on the menu that night! It was fun, though, because we and our tablemates got to sample things we never would have ordered otherwise!

Beth

fairytalelover
02-10-2005, 04:11 PM
Wow! This is a dream come true!

suesings
02-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Wow, they let you order two lobster tails? That is great! Did you feel like they were just doing it because you asked but were really a little annoyed or anything?? I am on the South Beach diet and I only eat Fish for meat anyway (no beef or chicken or pork) so I would LOVE to be able to ask for two lobster tails and vegetables for dinner!! I'm off bread and pasta until I get the rest of this weight off. I'm down 40 lbs. since last January 2004 and I would love another 10 or 15 off before our May cruise and I really would like to not gain a lot back on the cruise!!

I was reviewing a bunch of the menus and I was hoping they would not mind bringing me JUST the seafood from the seafood pasta, things like that. Do you know if they will do something like this?

Thanks, Sue

:flower:

LindaBabe
02-10-2005, 06:45 PM
No Problem, Sue! I had lobster and no steak - my plate came with two tails on it and the server brought me a third. YeeeeeeeeeHaw!

fairytalelover
02-10-2005, 07:01 PM
which restuarants have lobster on the menu?

GrayFal
02-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Wow, they let you order two lobster tails? That is great! Did you feel like they were just doing it because you asked but were really a little annoyed or anything?? I am on the South Beach diet and I only eat Fish for meat anyway (no beef or chicken or pork) so I would LOVE to be able to ask for two lobster tails and vegetables for dinner!! I'm off bread and pasta until I get the rest of this weight off. I'm down 40 lbs. since last January 2004 and I would love another 10 or 15 off before our May cruise and I really would like to not gain a lot back on the cruise!!

I was reviewing a bunch of the menus and I was hoping they would not mind bringing me JUST the seafood from the seafood pasta, things like that. Do you know if they will do something like this?

Thanks, Sue

:flower:
Sue, every night, along with the 'regular fancy' (for a better word!) menu selections, they offer a plain broiled fish & chicken - with no sauce - and steamed vegies....it will be easy to stay on your diet with the selections offered. Well, that is if you can control yourself :earboy2:

Footnotegirl
02-11-2005, 02:39 AM
Maybe if you get a 'bad apple' for server they'll look at you funny, but our servers had a lot of fun with our extra orders. By the third night of our 7 night cruise, they knew that after we'd all ordered our desserts, that they should also bring one of each dessert 'for the table' because we were all too selfish to let anyone else have a bite just to taste from our own desserts!

They'll even suggest it, as on the night when there was steak, lobster, or surf and turf on the menu, and my husband and my friend's husband both ordered surf and turf, Jean shook his head and said.

"Non, you will each get lobster and steak. Surf and turf, eet ees hahf a servehng of each, yes? Order both ahnd you weel get more!"

God I hope Jean's on our trip, I heard he was serving at Palo's now.

Tigger&Belle
02-11-2005, 06:50 AM
In general, are the servings of food small? As much as I'd like to try different courses and different food, I can see how it would be very easy to get stuffed, which I wouldn't want to do before dessert.

T&B

logan1_2000
02-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Just think of it as a chance to eat like The King did in his later years--look at the menu and say "yes", or just say "I'll have the left side of the menu with double cheese".

Actually my last cruise our table mates were not in the spirit, and it just didn't feel festive so other than an extra appetizer or dessert for sampling with DW and DS, we didn't double up on entrees. Maybe we should have, maybe that would have loosened them up....

christinou
02-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Many times we ordered extra to try it, on lobster night, we got 4 tails...... They were yummy.

mmouse37
02-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Ok...this was our cruise last Feb.....3 couples.....10 entrees on the table!!! I know the caption says 9 dinners but I recounted!!!LOL

Our severs kept telling us to try many things!!!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/118565870/118569711MGXGZy

And here are some dessert selections...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/118553635/118563182LNJXxH

jlowejd5
02-11-2005, 02:55 PM
The CMs have always been happy to bring extras. I'm not exactly a small guy (think Chris Farley (from the SNL years, not the cocaine years), but 6'3", and with better hair (I'm pretty)), so I seriously doubt they were shocked when I asked for some extra.

The trip next March should be a hoot, because the people we have going are eaters. Professional, trained, experienced eaters. I'm guessing the ship'll be setting about a foot higher in the water on the way back to port than it did on the way out.

Whooot!

Footnotegirl
02-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Tiger&Belle, the size of the servings are definately 'single size' as opposed to restaurant sizes which are usually huge. If you only had one of each course you probably wouldn't be stuffed. It definately leaves room for your own things to eat and tasting others.

ann-e-mator
02-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Really, you could order the entire menu and they wouldn't have a problem with that. Every night we ordered every dessert on the menu... By the 3rd night or so they just knew and instead of bringing out a dessert menu, they just brought us every dessert!! Remember... you've already paid for your food... You might as well eat all you can!! :rotfl:

Tigger&Belle
02-12-2005, 06:45 AM
Nicki, :wave2: from Montgomery Village (otherwise known as Gaithersburg before the name change)!

T&B

wdw47
02-12-2005, 09:28 AM
we are glad you posted this question as we have wondered the same thing

ann-e-mator
02-12-2005, 10:04 AM
OMG... I live right down the street from you!!!!!! :rotfl2: :cool1: