PDA

View Full Version : 3/4 or 7 day cruise with 2 1/2 and 4yr old?

afoss
02-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Can't decided between the 3 land/4 sea cruise or 7 day. Would the land/sea be too much for these ages? Would they get bored at sea for so long, especially since they are too young to do any excursions? Would the park be too much (heat, lines, etc) Eventually, we will take them to WDW and a cruise but not sure which when. Help! Looking at Oct.

flexsmom
02-05-2005, 11:29 PM
Either would work, in my opinion, but for a more relaxing time for you, I say the 7-day. First of all, no logistics involved of a mid-vacation move, even though Disney does make it pretty easy. I don't think the kids would be bored, and I also don't think they're too young for excursions. For many on the list if there's nothing listed for a price for under 5, it's not necessarily because they aren't allowed (although that is the case for some....) On the Western there are plenty of beach opportunities that are great for that age - or there's just taking advantage of empty pools on board ship while everyone else is touring!

mommasita
02-05-2005, 11:37 PM
I would echo the previous poster in thinking that the seven day would be more relaxing for the parents. I think the park/sea would be quite strenous with two young ones. On the cruise they could probably both enjoy the kids clubs, and the characters, and you could get a good idea of how much they do enjoy the characters.

Mind you, I am a DCL addict... ::MickeyMo :teeth:

Just my two cents...

rsjj
02-05-2005, 11:41 PM
when we went, our DSs were just the same age as yours! 2 & 4. we were deciding on the 3/4 or 4/3 land & sea vs 7 day. and we thought our boys would be so exhausted, rushing from one park/place to another. really didn't want to tire them out. all that walking, waiting, etc at the parks. and they still took naps at the time. so we opted for 7 day cruise. and we said we'd be back for wdw on another vacation, when our DSs are a bit older & can enjoy the parks more. and can "tolerate" much more.

anyways, we are glad that we did the 7 days. our boys really enjoyed it! we all did! it was very relaxing.

that was our decision. obviously, you know your kids. we just thought it would've been too much for our boys, at the time, if we did the land & sea. i'm sure you'd get other opinions, as well.

as for excursions, your kids aren't too young. our DSs loved the trolley ride. visiting the aquarium was fun for them, as well. we did western. there are excursions that kids your age can go on, i know, cuz we were able to take our DSs. double check the excursions' age. most says 3, but i think that's for paying.

whatever you decide, i'm sure you'd all have a great time! after all, it is a vacation, with your family!! enjoy! :flower:

lillygator
02-06-2005, 09:47 AM
I, too, think a 7 day would be more relaxing for you. We took DD 18 months at the time on a 3 day cruise and 4 night stay at Disney and at that age she was fine but in December we stayed 7 nights at WDW - she was 2 - and a cruise would have been more relaxing.
This December we are cruising a 7 night and taking DD 3 and new baby who will be around 10 months old....

afoss
02-06-2005, 10:42 AM
WOW! Thanks for all the great feedback. Seems like the 7 day western cruise is the way to go. Good point about having to pack/transfer your stuff mid-vacation on the 3/4. Glad to know others have tried it with kids that are the same age as ours. I read a post a few weeks ago that a man had said to leave your 2 year old at home so I began to get paranoid. I just wish my youngest was a bit older then the 2 of them could be in the 3-5 club together. I just don't want to wait that long :)

4formickey
02-06-2005, 02:51 PM
we took a 1 1/2 and 3yr old for a week at the parks and a week at sea. They loved thier vacation My son the oldest thought that he should go some where every day. we didn't go to the parks every day but they enjoyed Mickey on land and on sea. They will be happy with what ever you pick. :goodvibes :love1:

afoss
02-06-2005, 02:59 PM
I hope someday we can do a week at each...that will take some saving up though. We have decided that when we do a week at the parks, we're going to invite the grandparents with us so they can enjoy seeing the girls there and we can get a "break" once in awhile. I just keep reminding myself that this is DISNEY and they have everything a parent would need for a 2 and 4 year old..land or sea. Thanks for your input!

4formickey
02-06-2005, 04:04 PM
with the right planning it will not cost a much as people think it wil. We stayed off site time share and only went to the parks 4 days out of the week before the cruise.Spending time a the pools and shopping gave us a time torelaxe befor the cruise. :cool1:

newfamilyman
02-07-2005, 12:11 AM
Our family is going on one of the 7 day West Coast cruises this summer, which includes my DD (4yrs) and DS (1 yr). If anyone has suggestions for kids that young, I'd appreciate it. Most of the DIS posters who are on the same cruise have teenagers. Thanks.

GoofyFD
02-07-2005, 12:30 AM
Our last two Cruises where land/sea. My Two DD are the same ages. They loved Disney World, but the loved the Cruise more. I would say 7 night cruise! :sunny: :dancer:

4formickey
02-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Our family is going on one of the 7 day West Coast cruises this summer, which includes my DD (4yrs) and DS (1 yr). If anyone has suggestions for kids that young, I'd appreciate it. . My kids love the beach and playing in the sand. Took the wife shopping and she was happy.Spend as much time on the beach with the kids :banana: