PDA

View Full Version : VIRUS ALERT I got another Virus please read....

Maleficent2
02-05-2005, 08:42 AM
this is the thread I posted that disappeared :confused3

What good is having antivirus software and internet security(firewall) if they don't stop these darn things from infecting our computers anyway! I am so mad :badpc: :badpc:

This virus/worm is

bagel or w32.beagle.ba

it is an email worm oh and that's the cruncher here it comes via email in an attachment and I have NOT opened any attachements!!!!! what's up with that?

anyway here is the info to remove

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.beagle.ba@mm.html

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM%5FBAGLE%2EAZ&VSect=Sn

Make sure your virus definitions are up to date(mine were, did not stop it but at least they caught it) :rolleyes1

then scan your computers. I hope no one else has caught this bugger.

Good news is Symantec's remover tool totally remove this from my computer.

I hate virus' and virus writters!!!!

my rant for today is now over

Mal

Maleficent2
02-05-2005, 09:53 PM
in case anyone missed this.

This virus is really new, Jan 27 was this variations release date, aren't I lucky :rolleyes: to have caught it so soon!

Anyway if you have not updated your virus definitions do so today.

I hope no one else catches this.

Mal

dtuleya
02-06-2005, 08:06 AM
Sorry to hear you were infected Mal. It ticks me off to know that somewhere someone is trying to make a name for themselves by creating a virus. Sick, sick, people. Glad to hear you got rid of it.

buzz2400
02-06-2005, 10:54 AM
The guy who fixes my computer says that he thinks the people who write the anti virus software are the ones who releases the viruses. Thus they always have a job. I kinda think that is true also.

Maleficent2
02-06-2005, 11:03 AM
It is amazing how this virus was released on Jan 27 and just a couple of days later Norton's has a fix for it!

Makes you wonder huh!?!?!

Mal

Belle0101
02-06-2005, 09:06 PM
:magnify: Do I smell a conspiracy? :scratchin