PDA

View Full Version : I am an idiot-I forgot to pick up the pillowcases.

b&j's_mom
02-04-2005, 10:45 PM
I was on the Jan. 30 Wonder, we just got home last night and I realized that I forgot to pick up my signed pillow cases from guest services!!! I am so mad at myself I can hardly stand it. I worked so hard on those pillowcases, getting my kids' pictures put on them and everything! Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do. Who do I try to call about this? Are they still on the boat or did they throw them away? :guilty:

Help, help!

Julie

:sad2:

TumFamily
02-05-2005, 12:36 AM
Oh I feel so bad. I had actually thought to myself that I could see myself doing that!! :sad2:

"Ginger"
02-05-2005, 06:50 AM
I would give DCL a call, you may get lucky.

maminnie
02-05-2005, 07:25 AM
b&j's mom:

I know how you feel. I did this in April. Call DCL and get the lost and found department number. When you call give them all the info you can. For example mine were "in a clear plastic bag with our name and cabin number on them". I gave them our cruise date, the color of the pillowcase, the day I turned it in, etc.

The woman I worked with was so helpful. I even mentioned that my son lost a grey Gap sweatshirt.

Believe it or not she located the pillowcase and the sweatshirt and she mailed them to us.

Good luck.

b&j's_mom
02-05-2005, 10:58 AM
maminnie-

Where did you get the lost and found phone number? Did you have to leave a message or did you speak to a person from the very beginning? I had to leave a message and I hate doing that because I never know if they actually got it!!

Thanks for you help.

Julie

Thunderrd
02-05-2005, 03:02 PM
I was so afraid I was going to forget to pick up ours! They said they'd be ready the last night and we went by after 11pm and they said they'd be ready in the morning. Thank goodness with everything else happening I remembered to go by.

I called DCL and they gave me the number to lost and found for another item and I also got a recording. I would just keep calling until you hear something back. If the bag has your name or SR# they certainly know where to find you but I would take the initiative and give them a call.

Let us know what happens.

Hope you get everything back. :wizard:

b&j's_mom
02-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Well, I called Disney (again!) and got a number for the lost and found. It is not a 1-800 number. I actually talked to a person and she was really nice and said the pillowcases would probably show up there tomorrow (Sunday) and she would mail them to me. I wanted to give her a great big bear hug!! I will still have to wait and see if they show up there, but I will continue to call until I talk to someone who has seen them personally!!

Julie

maminnie
02-05-2005, 08:13 PM
b&j'smom:

So glad to hear you got through. It sounds as if you may have spoken to the same woman I did; she was so nice and so helpful. Based on my experience, my guess is you will get your pillowcases back and you will be thrilled with the results. My daughter's turned out really cute. :cool1:

Take care.

dzneprincess
02-27-2005, 09:30 PM
:flower: Any update on this?

newfamilyman
02-27-2005, 10:09 PM
I was on the Jan. 30 Wonder, we just got home last night and I realized that I forgot to pick up my signed pillow cases from guest services!!! I am so mad at myself I can hardly stand it. I worked so hard on those pillowcases, getting my kids' pictures put on them and everything! Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do. Who do I try to call about this? Are they still on the boat or did they throw them away? :guilty:

Help, help!

Julie

:sad2:
How did you get your kids' picture on the pillowcase?

02-27-2005, 10:10 PM
yes, update??

and how do you go about doing this pillow case thing??

ChrisnSteph
02-27-2005, 10:18 PM
DCL is great about these sorts of things. The oceaneers lab staff gave my son a really cool hat when we were on the cruise. It was signed by Mickey and he loved it, but he lost it at the Orlando airport on the way home. I sent an email to DCL thru their website, and two week later Matt got another hat, but this one was signed by EVERY character! It was pretty cool!

b&j's_mom
02-28-2005, 06:54 PM
Yes, we got the pillowcases back! Thank you for asking! They came about a week after we got off the boat. I hadn't heard anything since I talked to the lady at lost and found - they didn't call to tell me they were sending them, they just did it! I was really surprised when I got it so soon.

All you do is take your pillowcase (or t-shirt or whatever you want) to Guest Services and they will have it signed for you and you are supposed to pick it up that last night of the cruise. Just don't forget to pick it up!! It's easy to do because there is so much going on with packing your bags, going to the shows, etc. Some people said that their signed items were delivered to their staterooms, but not in our case.

Julie

:sunny:

dgaston
02-28-2005, 07:57 PM
We left a 8 X 10 photo mat for a 5 X 7 photo, and it was delivered to our cabin. I gave them two mats, but they only did one "for the child" our DS16. It's for me! He couldn't care less. I put the mats in a zip lock bag with 4 colored sharpies and they used many of the colors. It's great!

Billinaz
02-28-2005, 10:42 PM
What is their lost and found number?... I am still missing a poster from our Feb 6 Wonder cruise.

ljql_5969
02-28-2005, 11:03 PM
I am curious too about the pictures on the pillowcase. Did you take it somewhere and have that done?

b&j's_mom
02-28-2005, 11:43 PM
To put the pictures on the pillowcases, I just went to Office Max and bought some of that iron-on paper. They have it there in the photo paper isle. You can use it to make t-shirts or whatever. In there are the directions for making it, it's really easy because I am not good at that sort of thing.

Julie

newfamilyman
03-01-2005, 08:58 AM
Thanks.